Cam'Ron Harris will be our starting RB vs Roll "cash" Tide

Man we have seen way to many special RBs to roll thru UM to act like Cam is that. He is solid but I would put him somewhere behind Jarret Payton in all honesty. I feel like dude would fall down if you came around the corner and just said roll tide.

Advertisement
Doesnt really matter at this point, Harris is serviceable enough to have big gains and plays, he has shown it more than enough.

We need to give our running backs more creases up front to create, they all have enough big play potential.
I hate the zone runs. We can never block effectively for them

What does Cam'Ron need to do in order for this board approval?
Every play needs to get some positive yards --- Forward always, side sometimes
Smash-mouth? Check.
Finesse? Check.
Receiving? Check.
Blocking? Check
Elusive? Check.
Speed? Check.
Hungry? Check.
Character? Check.

However, general opinion here has it that he can’t kick field goals. So, no.
Nothing Cam does will win him approval from the board.
Once this board turns on a player they mostly stay hating on the player.
So his detractors will still find fault in his game no matter what.
Do you guys think Cam is an All-ACC talent?

I’m not hating on Cam at all... I simply feel that Chaney has flashed enough that, when combined with the positive practice reports, make me think his floor and ceiling are both higher than Cam.

The NFL has shown us that the tiers are:

1. Elite
5. Serviceable

I’m oversimplifying, but the point remains. Cam isn’t elite. He can be replaced. Chaney might be elite. Not sure where the cam love comes from.

Advertisement
I think Harris is a solid back. There’s things he does well and there’s things he doesn’t do as well but he’s not a bad player.
I don't what it is about him but he is underwhelming to say the least to me. I think he is one of our lesser starting RBs in some time. His 5.1 ypc is just so-so, I feel like Miami should have a better caliber starting RB.

Maybe he shows out this year if the OL improves, I will ride with whomever gets the carries either way.

Do you guys think Cam is an All-ACC talent?

I’m not hating on Cam at all... I simply feel that Chaney has flashed enough that, when combined with the positive practice reports, make me think his floor and ceiling are both higher than Cam.

The NFL has shown us that the tiers are:

1. Elite
5. Serviceable

I’m oversimplifying, but the point remains. Cam isn’t elite. He can be replaced. Chaney might be elite. Not sure where the cam love comes from.
Its funny cause most on here bit•h consistently about manny playing veterans over more talented younger players and here is a perfect example. Chaney is better and I’d rather play Knighton vs bama for all the different ways Knighton can be used cause Harris isn’t getting positive runs vs bama. Maybe Harris starts because his pass blocking is good

I don't what it is about him but he is underwhelming to say the least to me. I think he is one of our lesser starting RBs in some time. His 5.1 ypc is just so-so, I feel like Miami should have a better caliber starting RB.

Maybe he shows out this year if the OL improves, I will ride with whomever gets the carries either way.
He’s not a guy I want to give the ball 20+ times. He can struggle in our zone blocking scheme because he doesn’t change direction smoothly and doesn’t always hit the right hole. He has to jump cut, which occasionally works great, but he’s essentially coming to a stop just to change direction. But....he’s got breakaway speed, does a good job as a receiver and pass blocker so he’s a nice guy to have if you’re using a rotation like we did last year.

Its funny cause most on here bit•h consistently about manny playing veterans over more talented younger players and here is a perfect example. Chaney is better and I’d rather play Knighton vs bama for all the different ways Knighton can be used cause Harris isn’t getting positive runs vs bama. Maybe Harris starts because his pass blocking is good
In fairness to Cam, Chaney didn’t flash enough last year to show he is clearly better.. I am going off practice reports from this board.

Cam is solid. If you check my post history, you’ll see I never loved him, thought he’d get passed last year. But I wouldn’t want to see him leave. With an improved OL, Cam can have a nice season. If holes open up, that 1-cut-and-go type back is an asset.

My original post was to point out that I don’t believe we will have a bell cow. I’ll be surprised if the carries aren’t split.

Advertisement
I've done my fair share of ripping on Cam during last season. But in his 3 years here, I don't think he's fumbled once and I applaud him for that. Rooster had his fumble issues last year and I don't think Don fumbled.

Will be the Cam + Rooster show vs Bama. Don won’t be ready. Need Thad or Cody to be ready to be the 3rd back. Cam is nothing special unless the hole is wide open (pause). I think people are sleep on Rooster. His balance will improve as his strength improves over the summer and his fumbling issues will go away.

Will be the Cam + Rooster show vs Bama. Don won’t be ready. Need Thad or Cody to be ready to be the 3rd back. Cam is nothing special unless the hole is wide open (pause). I think people are sleep on Rooster. His balance will improve as his strength improves over the summer and his fumbling issues will go away.
What would be even better is for either thad or more likely Cody come in and be elite right away. Cody’s tape in the words of da god dj Khaled is boominggg

Advertisement
Harris was likely gone before Don’s injury, the job was locked up. Don was easily the beat back, the battle was for 2&3. With him getting hurt I see the position playing out like last year , Rb by committee until he gets right.

It’s sad because Don had his first off season in college to develop his body and it was showing. He had a great spring.

Advertisement
Yes. Watch him run between the tackles and change directions, or sweep around the blocks and pick up speed. But what do I know…
He struggles shifting and changing direction on zone runs so definitely not elusive. Great pass blocker and has break away speed if the hole is wide open

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back