Cam'Ron Harris will be our starting RB vs Roll "cash" Tide

Advertisement
Advertisement
What does Cam'Ron need to do in order for this board approval?

15-0 yes I beat you to it......Bytches

He will either start or transfer before the 1st game. No way Cam started last year to play behind Rooster or Chaney this year.

15-0 yes I beat you to it......Bytches

Have a better spring game then Knighton (he didn’t)

chaney will be starting rb at some point in the season once fully healthy unless Knighton can somehow manage to handle 20 rushing attempts a game. I prefer Knighton to start vs bama because we won’t be able to run against them effectively most likely and can use him in the passing game

I also wouldn’t be surprised if 1 or both rbs from our 21 class get serious burn this year maybe even vs bama if Harris transfers before bama if he’s not rb 1 like most speculate he will

Advertisement
I don't see any reason why Cam would transfer. Cam will probably start vs Alabama, and Chaney will work his way in as the starter as the season goes on. Cam will still get carries, and I'd expect Knighton to be #3 most of the year.

I wouldn't expect any of our RB's to do much against Alabama. Might have a decent game, but I'd be surprised if any RB had a big game.

I’ve said this before, but I see no way Lashlee does the bell cow thing he has stated.

Cam is excellent in pass protection and is a capable back. Chaney is dinged up and, from all reports, a stud. Knighton is a scatback that brings elusiveness that neither of the others do.

I can see a change in rolls, where a healthy Chaney gets the workload that Cam did last year, and vice versa. And Knighton remains about the same as last year (need to get more creative with him, IMO... Harvin, rondalle Moore, etc).

I’d be surprised to see Cam transfer out, being that he had such a solid career here that he would get a look at the NFL based on what he’s already done. Idk how going to a lesser team to be the lead back helps him. More miles on the tires, not much upside.

Agreed that who starts doesn’t matter. I’d give that to Cam. Who’s getting the bulk during meaningful ACC games is what matters.

Last edited:
Every play needs to get some positive yards --- Forward always, side sometimes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only issue I see with Harris is that he goes for the home run instead of taking what’s there. This causes him to take losses and no gainers. He needs to hone his instincts to change that and of course take the long runs when they show up. Travis Homer was a similar back but ran with more power than Cam.

Advertisement
Back