Camron Davis looks very impressive

waynejr31

Freshman
I may be late but I just don't see enough talk on this sight about Camron Davis. I just watched his career highlights and being that I played RB in high school and college, I am telling you that Davis looks like the complete tailback. Sometimes I think we get too side tracked by star rankings, so I took the time to watch his film. He has great vision, strength, quickness/burst, and speed. It sucks that he couldn't get here in the spring but I wanted to go on the record to say that he will make a case for third team reps this fall as long as he can pickup the playbook. After Homer and Deejay, Davis is the guy that I like the most but Burns looks good also. My only question with Burns is can he catch out of the backfield. Lingard has elite speed based on his highlight film, I just didn't see the same all around attributes that I saw in the Davis highlights. Also it will depend on whose better at pass protection. I am excited to see how this plays out. Our backfield is so dynamic, Thomas Brown did a great job selecting his stable!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cam looks like he has really good top-end speed and from what Ive seen will be a factor in the pass game( seems very comfortable running the wheel route and catching the ball naturally). He can be a match-up nightmare in that area. Not sure if he has a lot of wiggle but he's certainly guy that can see a crease and get through it rapidly

I wonder with the crowded backfield if he redshirts or if he can return kickoffs(like Lamar Miller did his first year on the field at Miami). As for redshirting him, well, there's a theory that if you have a talented RB you simply dont because if they are any good, chances are they aren't sticking around 4/5 years( speaking of Miller, he RS and played two season so that first year was kinda wasted in a sense that you might as well have thrown him out there in some capacity)

Cam looks like he has really good top-end speed and from what Ive seen will be a factor in the pass game( seems very comfortable running the wheel route and catching the ball naturally). He can be a match-up nightmare in that area. Not sure if he has a lot of wiggle but he's certainly guy that can see a crease and get through it rapidly

I wonder with the crowded backfield if he redshirts or if he can return kickoffs(like Lamar Miller did his first year on the field at Miami). As for redshirting him, well, there's a theory that if you have a talented RB you simply dont because if they are any good, chances are they aren't sticking around 4/5 years( speaking of Miller, he RS and played two season so that first year was kinda wasted in a sense that you might as well have thrown him out there in some capacity)
Yeah I was thinking the same about whether or not to redshirt Davis or Lingard. looking at the film, I would say that Davis for sure has good enough agility and change of direction to make things happen behind the line of scrimmage if things don't look right play side.

Advertisement
THE GUYS on here are stuck on star rankings. davis has way better film then lingard. lingard high school wing t offense where he takes it 1 cut in a hole and not being touched is not impressive. rarely did he make anyone miss.

THE GUYS on here are stuck on star rankings. davis has way better film then lingard. lingard high school wing t offense where he takes it 1 cut in a hole and not being touched is not impressive. rarely did he make anyone miss.
That is what I also saw in Lingard's film. This is not saying that he can't potentially be a great back. I am just saying that I gravitate more to Davis's film due to the versatility that was shown in it.

Great post. I've long held that Camron Davis has been criminally underrated.

Everyone on the recruiting forum is quacking about Trey Sanders but frankly, he's completely unimportant with Davis coming in with Lingard. Davis offers something that Lingard doesn't have: excellent receiving ability. I think he'll easily carve out a role as a 3rd down back.

Homer is the workhorse the one kid Thomas Brown trusts completely (from Brown's own words) in all phases of the game.
Dallas is the stout body slasher with toughness.
Lingard is the blur, open field terror.
Davis is the 3rd down back.

Advertisement
Davis was a top 10 RB in the country last year, like Lingard.

I'm not sure why anyone would under-rate him.

There's no reason to believe at this point that Lingard will outperform him.

Neither one has done a thing yet at the college level.

Looking forward to how he performs (and Lingard, too).

How is Cam Underrated, he was the #7 back in the nation coming out of high school. I don't see anyone underrating him, I'm just waiting for him to get on campus.

Advertisement
Cam is a work horse. College ready body, doubt he gets shirted. Will be interesting because we will have a log jam at RB (not a bad thing), even Burns has looked impressive thus far. Should be very fun & interesting to watch the rotation through the season. Hopefully we don't let inferior competition stick around in games this year, so that the young bucks really get some burn.

Where I see posters problem with Davis. They seen a younger guy getting all the reps over him. They think because of that. He wasn't all that good.

Some guys flourish later than others and sometimes sitting back and seeing someone else putting in work. Wakes your *** up and makes you better.

I'm not saying he is Willis. Willis would've never been known had Gore not gotten hurt. Davis was in the same boat at the high school level. He got his chance and now he is a Hurricane.

I hope he keeps on grinding.

I love Both of the backs we brought in. Not going to get into the game of who’s better that some like to play on here while seemingly taking shots at kids. Let’s see what they do on greentree practice fields. It should be noted however that I’m a big fan of Davis as well and he has an impressive built. Someone mentioned a mark Walton comparison I agree With that as well but overall he’s a better athlete, faster and better pass catcher. In some of his runs he reminds me of Dalvin cook a little bit actually

Advertisement
This is just like homer last year. I went back and saw homers film last year and was wondering wtf people were worried about.
Same with Davis. There are exceptions to every rule but film don’t lie and you can’t hide speed. Davis has a great combination of skills. He has top end lateral movement, power, and can run great routes with good hands.

Killa Cam is a gym rat. He's coming in ready.

1524486783741.png

Davis was a top 10 RB in the country last year, like Lingard.

I'm not sure why anyone would under-rate him.

There's no reason to believe at this point that Lingard will outperform him.

Neither one has done a thing yet at the college level.

Looking forward to how he performs (and Lingard, too).
I'm just making my opinion or prediction on what will happen based on the film that I have watched. As fans we do have that right, if wrong about Davis, I will be the first to say that I need to stick to my day job :)

This is a good reminder of what it takes to be a complete back.

Vision, patience, strength, quickness in space and burst, in addition to only speed. Cam looks like he’s tough to me. Something never to be underrated.

Important to remember the level of competition as well.

With all that in mind, my takeaway from this is our RB spacing is ideal right now. Cam might be held back only by his summer enrollment, but he might get some burn.

With a little luck, if you consider, the next 2-3 years, and Lingard, Davis, Dallas, as well as 18 and 19 prospects, we’re spaced nicely for ALL to have success.

Advertisement
Back