Camron Davis highlights

Why do people write opinions on a discussion board? Shocking I tell ya.
I guess Man lol, we will all see what these kids do in practice. One thing for sure I’m very excited about the haul we are bringing in on offense

Advertisement
Hope that Redshirt rule goes into play this year. Where a freshman can play only 4 games, at any point of the season, and still receive a Redshirt. He would really benefit from that rule! He's a poor mans Mark Walton. Imo, Mark Walton was more talented coming out of high school than him, but they have very similar running styles.

I do think Davis can contribute early and I wouldn’t be shocked if he ended up as the better RB by the end of college.

With Davis - I just don't see it.

He only ran for about 400 yards his Senior year. Other than the 2016 playoffs, he wasn't very productive. I think he really looks the part physically, but it just doesn't translate to production on the field. That's why he's rated lower in some places.

I think we're stacked with Homer/Dallas/Lingard - but to me, there's a clear drop off from there.

Advertisement

He only ran for about 400 yards his Senior year. Other than the 2016 playoffs, he wasn't very productive. I think he really looks the part physically, but it just doesn't translate to production on the field. That's why he's rated lower in some places.

I think we're stacked with Homer/Dallas/Lingard - but to me, there's a clear drop off from there.

Carol city offense wasn’t good this year and they didn’t use him right

Advertisement
Carol city offense wasn’t good this year and they didn’t use him right

Counter argument is maybe the CC offense wasn’t all that good because Davis didn’t get it done. The truly elite HS RBs make their own yards. Look at our great Ambassador. He played in a leather helmet offense and was their only player.

I like Davis catching balls out of the backfield more than I do as a traditional workhorse RB.

Counter argument is maybe the CC offense wasn’t all that good because Davis didn’t get it done. The truly elite HS RBs make their own yards. Look at our great Ambassador. He played in a leather helmet offense and was their only player.

I like Davis catching balls out of the backfield more than I do as a traditional workhorse RB.
Every time I watched Them this year the offense look discombobulated

Don’t sleep, cam is a beast too. Crazy how he was only a 3 star from 247(as well as Mallory and reed)

This may be the most talented offensive class I’ve ever seen Miami sign

I have always thought his vid was better than Lo. The kid has very nice vision and switches the ball with fluidity at the right time. Great hands too.

Advertisement
Every time I watched Them this year the offense look discombobulated

I think Carol City's poor offense definitely but contributed. But the Carol City rushing stats from this year:

Volaskis Walkins - 41 for 279 yds, 6.8 ypc, 4 TD's
Cam Davis - 77 for 271 yds, 3.5 ypc, 5 TD's
Legend Moore (QB) - 32 for 252 yds, 7.9 ypc, 6 TD's
Marlon Smith (QB) - 29 for 174 yds, 6.0 ypc, 3 TD's

In my mind, if Davis is a 4* RB, he can't be outpaced by everyone else on the team, regardless of how he's being used. I agree with Franchise that elite HS RB's can make plays for themselves.

I think Carol City's poor offense definitely but contributed. But the Carol City rushing stats from this year:

In my mind, if Davis is a 4* RB, he can't be outpaced by everyone else on the team, regardless of how he's being used. I agree with Franchise that elite HS RB's can make plays for themselves.
We will see when he gets in college but I like What cam davis can do with the ball in his hands

Last edited:

WTF! Unless he was injured, something doesn't add up here. He's rated in the top 10 RBs in the nation and his highlights look great. How do you reconcile that with 3.5 ypc and 271 yards for the season?

Advertisement
Don’t sleep, cam is a beast too. Crazy how he was only a 3 star from 247(as well as Mallory and reed)

This may be the most talented offensive class I’ve ever seen Miami sign

Didn't realize that Cam was as fast as he is. He and Lingard would be **** when used in the passing and draw game, but I fear (know) that Richt isn't that offensively astute. He lacks the ability to adapt to the modern fast pace and multiple sets. You can still run 2 backs sets, but you can't always do the old school lead or power run. You can flare both backs, send one up the seam, screen off that to opposite side. Point is you want the defense guessing and not loading the box up knowing you are going to run. Lastly allow the QB to check out of plays when they stack the box or play coverage.

I don't really have a problem with the take since we needed another true running back. Walton leaving early means he might actually get some touches this year if there are any health problems. Not all that impressed with the highlight tape frankly, and have relatively low expectations. I know the competition there is fierce but future star running backs tend to jump off the screen and produce a lot more than this kid. I hope we don't regret taking him over Curry.

We will see when he gets in college but I like What cam davis can do with the ball in his hands

I get that. It'll be fun to see how it plays out.

I think Cam would've had a role if he came in the same class as Gus, Yearby, or Walton.

But now that our RB talent is back to where it should be with Homer/Dallas/Lingard - I think it's going to be hard for players like Cam & Burns to see the field. And we're hopefully bringing in more talented guys behind them.

Davis & Burns have talent, just not the same level. Sometimes it's just a numbers game. I think anything either RB gives us is a bonus, but I'm not expecting much from either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back