Camron Davis comparison

It’s not gonna matter who we have running the ball if we can’t throw the ball accurately and teams put 8 in the box on us.

Advertisement
It’s not gonna matter who we have running the ball if we can’t throw the ball accurately and teams put 8 in the box on us.
Congratulations. You shut up the posters that always tend to exaggerate about various things concerning the team. Too many posters do not think before typing a message. Their instinct is to go overboard on the ability of a player or the prospects of the team. Being a fan is great, but a failure to realize not everything will materialize as you hope, is simply stupid.

I have not slept on Davis and believe he is more like Duke Johnson who was not used properly as a college back. Davis has great hands and vision. I see him contributing on special teams and third downs as a freshman. He is behind and will not break into rotation because it’s very difficult to learn protection assignments from RB position. KR and gunner on punts!

Does anyone have his senior year rushing stats?.. I thought I read somewhere were he only averaged 3.5 YPC which if true is horrible.

Cam is CC boy. He will work his way into the lineup and get his notice. We are loaded at RB suddenly but that is a good thing.

Advertisement
Penny had one stat that was very impressive...yards after first contact. Penny led the country. God I hope Davis is remotely as good after contact. Penny would have solved are short yardage issues.

I'm high on Davis as a prospect but admittedly do not know why his senior season was a disappointment. Can anyone provide any insight ?

My impression is that he would gladly pound the ball up the middle at every opportunity if we had the OL for it. I'm sure the truth is closer to what you're saying, but he would definitely like to run more consistently. Anyone who's seen our 3rd down conversion rate should be onboard with a beefed up run game.
Yes specially since Donaldson will be playing tackle this year and we got that transfer Guard coming, we’re going to be some running sons of b!tches! If the running game gets going our passing game will benefit with Jarren Williams at the helm at QB. Because as mentioned by (da truth) if our QB can’t throw accurately they’ll stack it just like last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im guilty of this **** but these r the kids that surprise, we all over Lingard and this kid becomes a savage. It feels like that always happens like the freak greg I wasnt expecting anything from him and all reports are hes Jesus.

I like Cam, think he is greatly under rated. I, too, think he is better than Lingard.

I like Cam, think he is greatly under rated. I, too, think he is better than Lingard.

Both are elite running backs time will tell whose better, but I can see both RBs redshirting this year, especially with the emergence of Robert Burns now being in the mix since he finally came out of spring camp healthy.

Advertisement
I'm high on Davis as a prospect but admittedly do not know why his senior season was a disappointment. Can anyone provide any insight ?

Plays in one of the best districts in the country. He was the focal point...and their oline just wasnt getting it done. Add to it they didnt threaten like the year before with the pass. He just didnt break off much when i saw them play...he's kinda tight..and stiff a bit. His running style is similar to Bishop Sankey foreal. He's aguy if you give him a whole he'll pop. But isnt a guy that makes it happen like DUKE or Deejay Dallas. He's real good in the pass game though,a nd a CC kid so he will be productive here.

Plays in one of the best districts in the country. He was the focal point...and their oline just wasnt getting it done. Add to it they didnt threaten like the year before with the pass. He just didnt break off much when i saw them play...he's kinda tight..and stiff a bit. His running style is similar to Bishop Sankey foreal. He's aguy if you give him a whole he'll pop. But isnt a guy that makes it happen like DUKE or Deejay Dallas. He's real good in the pass game though,a nd a CC kid so he will be productive here.

Sounds like Lamar miller but with a bit less top end speed to me.

That offense is beautiful. If their HC (Rocky Long) was younger, some Big 10 would have snatched him up. SDSU beat Stanford at their own game this year.

San Diego State has been my favorite team to watch and wager on for several years, due to the style of offense. I've mentioned that here many times. That San Diego State/Stanford game was my favorite game from 2017. Gorgeous basic football on both sides, and each with a premier running back -- Penny and Love.

I fully expected Richt to incorporate plenty of Rocky Long's style of play once he took the Canes job. Not even close, and it has been sickening. So many opportunities open up when you smack opponents up the gut in this era, when they are otherwise accustomed to being tickled. Every time I log in here and read about route trees and RPO I want to smack somebody myself. Such a waste.

As much as I appreciate San Diego State's style of play, I never go overboard on their potential. They can't run the table with personnel like that, so when they run into the likes of Boise State or Fresno State I know what to expect. With Miami's personnel that type of regulatory aspect would not be there. If we dependably ran basic power concepts we could nab so many of the offensive linemen who are otherwise going to Stanford. And who can blame them? Likewise the fullbacks and even more of the tight ends.

If we offered a style like that we wouldn't be so shell shocked and incapable when a blue collar team like Pittsburgh gives us a heavy dose of it on the other end. It was like the Canes showed up for that game willing to trick somebody but unwilling to hit and be hit. We hilariously whined about missed downfield passes even though we were butchered across the board in terms of real football. The San Diego State mode removes that vulnerability.

Advertisement

The only game I saw this year was Northwestern on ESPN. Davis looked explosive as ever but the offense was constantly in 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 25. Terrible OL play, discipline and organization.

Agree with your description of his style. He's 1 yard or 70 yards. But he's definitely not just a workout warrior, like some have hinted. He was the biggest reason Carol City won their first state championship in fifteen years.

Cam has been slept on by most fans around here, imo his film was more impressive than Lingawds. Not saying he’s better , their styles are completely different.

They compliment each other perfect.
Btw , Penny comparison isn’t bad.

I don’t know what SDSU is doing but they keep rb’s running for crazy yards. Seems like every year. I know they’re one of the few teams lining up in power sets and running off tackle and iso’s.
Lol this crap again

I wanted to see Cam perform well against IMG but he really didn't do much... I think he scored but wasn't that elusive or powerful like Lingard. I didn't even hear his name in the 2nd half.. Now that freshman RB #24 or #25 from Miami Central is probably the best back I've seen in person last season. That #22 from Carol City is also a beast.. I still don't know his name

Advertisement
Back