Camp Report Day 6

Advertisement
Rumph On younger members of the team who are standing out…
“Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine and Michael Jackson. They’re very athletic younger guys, and they can definitely play for us this year. Sheldrick has a nice size and he’s not scared to tackle. He’s very athletic to be that big and that size. He has really good man to man coverage technique and he can really help us a lot.”

Rumph sounds like Jaquan Johnson could be one **** of a corner, if he was moved to CB.

If moving JJ to CB helps our secondary,why not?

Because we have jack shi* for depth at S.

We have Carter, Rayshawn, and JJ. That's it. Putting JJ at CB leaves us with Robert freaking Knowles as the primary backup.

Safeties are critical in Diaz's schemes (in the past). Our safeties need as many reps as they can get there.

Not to mention what happens next year when Carter and Jenkins are gone. Without JJ, we're left with Knowles, Finley, and Wright as the only returning safeties for 2017.
so Billy Gibson didn't commit and Jeff James decided not to play football anymore??

We also just got a transfer in Adrian Colbert...

[MENTION=5266]CanesFootball[/MENTION] fans, [MENTION=11449]Mark[/MENTION]Richt said DE Quan Muhammad is relentless (and basically ferocious) at getting to the QB. #Sacks

Probably the player I'm most excited about. He had 5 sacks last year in a patty cake system and bad coaching. I expect atleast 10 sacks this year from him. Which should at the very least put him in the late 1st early 2nd round of the draft.

AQM seems to realize what a big year at Miami could mean for him. Not being a homer, but a big year at Miami trades at a premium to a big year at most other power 5 programs. He also strikes me as a young man that loves the game and plays for more than a future paycheck. We are fortunate AQM made the smart play and decided to return. Looking forward to watching AQM & CT abuse QB's this year. Our DT's are going to be fun to watch also.

Go Canes!

[MENTION=5266]CanesFootball[/MENTION] fans, [MENTION=11449]Mark[/MENTION]Richt said DE Quan Muhammad is relentless (and basically ferocious) at getting to the QB. #Sacks

Probably the player I'm most excited about. He had 5 sacks last year in a patty cake system and bad coaching. I expect atleast 10 sacks this year from him. Which should at the very least put him in the late 1st early 2nd round of the draft.

AQM seems to realize what a big year at Miami could mean for him. Not being a homer, but a big year at Miami trades at a premium to a big year at most other power 5 programs. He also strikes me as a young man that loves the game and plays for more than a future paycheck. We are fortunate AQM made the smart play and decided to return. Looking forward to watching AQM & CT abuse QB's this year. Our DT's are going to be fun to watch also.

Go Canes!

Lets be real...he wasn't getting drafted in a quality round after last year and he will finally get a real coaching staff (a real position coach, a real DC, and a real HC)...Any defensive lineman with eligibility left would be crazy to pass up the opportunity presented to him.

Advertisement

Go Canes!

Lets be real...he wasn't getting drafted in a quality round after last year and he will finally get a real coaching staff (a real position coach, a real DC, and a real HC)...Any defensive lineman with eligibility left would be crazy to pass up the opportunity presented to him.

He could have gone the Vernon route. I thought he made a huge mistake and now he's f'ing rich. Admittedly, a different scenario, with a proven coach coming in, but with the Rosenhauses of the world in your ear about $$, a bad decision can be made. Hopefully we all benefit from his decision.

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

He could have gone the Vernon route. I thought he made a huge mistake and now he's f'ing rich. Admittedly, a different scenario, with a proven coach coming in, but with the Rosenhauses of the world in your ear about $$, a bad decision can be made. Hopefully we all benefit from his decision.

Go Canes!

I think Vernon also had the issue with the Shapiro nonsense.
He probably figured he needed to get out of college football altogether because of the NCAA *****
suspending folks.

Go Canes!

Go Canes!

I think Vernon also had the issue with the Shapiro nonsense.
He probably figured he needed to get out of college football altogether because of the NCAA *****
suspending folks.

Good point. I forgot about that lil ******* and his mess.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back