Camp Chatfield or Game Chatfield?

Who do you take Chatfield over at this point? I get that, "he just makes plays", but who is going to play in front of here?

What other linebacker/de options are we after and that we have a legit shot at? Louis just went to fsu, Joyner is committed there, how locked in is he? Who knows. At de the cupboard appears rather empty. I'm not really sure who we are recruiting there.

umm, what? lol, no it does not.

Literally as things stand right now we will have 11 LBs on the roster next year. It is not neccessary to take a Lb in this class. I'd rather take zero LBs in the 2017 class than take Chatfield as a LB. Then Take 3 or 4 LBs in 2018. Its simple.

I said at de in this class, I know what we have on the roster

Advertisement
Who do you take Chatfield over at this point? I get that, "he just makes plays", but who is going to play in front of here?

What other linebacker/de options are we after and that we have a legit shot at? Louis just went to fsu, Joyner is committed there, how locked in is he? Who knows. At de the cupboard appears rather empty. I'm not really sure who we are recruiting there.

Literally as things stand right now we will have 11 LBs on the roster next year. It is not neccessary to take a Lb in this class. I'd rather take zero LBs in the 2017 class than take Chatfield as a LB. Then Take 3 or 4 LBs in 2018. Its simple.

Broke, why do you have such a hard time admitting when you're wrong? It's a message board, who gives a ****?

Broke, why do you have such a hard time admitting when you're wrong? It's a message board, who gives a ****?

Like you said who cares, but I said what other de/lb targets are we have after in the first sentence of that post. Reading is key

Like you said who cares, but I said what other de/lb targets are we have after in the first sentence of that post. Reading is key

then you worded it poorly. because saying "the cupboard appears empty" is wrong. the cupboard is ******* loaded with elite talent.

then you worded it poorly. because saying "the cupboard appears empty" is wrong. the cupboard is ****ing loaded with elite talent.

Ok, yeah I defintiely was referring to the options we are recruiting in this class

Advertisement

He's depth and thats all. Good depth. We don't need him but if we don't have ther numbers we want by december he's a decent option. But just that. An option, not THE option.

Exactly. Mike Harley 2018 edition, but on defense.

If that's the case he's an absolute take given that Harley has been killing it in "practice... But I wouldn't necessarily agree with the Mike Harley 2018 edition comment

I meant in terms of a late offer if there's a need.

gotcha

I know the back story and how miserably his camp season went, but it is really hard for me to ignore his tape. He fits the idea of what coach Rumph said, 4.4 speed isn't anything if it doesn't translate. Though Kool mentioned he has a minimum number in mind to consider ends. I'm torn on this kid. Does he show out again this season and get an offer? Or does his on field play have a Nesta sized asterisk? What do y'all think?

Game Chatfield has nothing to do with what skills will need to translate to CFB. The interceptions were great, but those plays have nothing to do with what he'll need to do at the next level. But people seem to not understand that.

How so? It shows he can play upright and hands down. Hybrid like UM wants. Its a small sample size yes but IDK how that isn't a sign he has a chance in CFB.

The interceptions did not reflect the skills you need to play OLB in cfb. It's as pretty simple as that.

I know the back story and how miserably his camp season went, but it is really hard for me to ignore his tape. He fits the idea of what coach Rumph said, 4.4 speed isn't anything if it doesn't translate. Though Kool mentioned he has a minimum number in mind to consider ends. I'm torn on this kid. Does he show out again this season and get an offer? Or does his on field play have a Nesta sized asterisk? What do y'all think?

Game Chatfield has nothing to do with what skills will need to translate to CFB. The interceptions were great, but those plays have nothing to do with what he'll need to do at the next level. But people seem to not understand that.

How so? It shows he can play upright and hands down. Hybrid like UM wants. Its a small sample size yes but IDK how that isn't a sign he has a chance in CFB.

The interceptions did not reflect the skills you need to play OLB in cfb. It's as pretty simple as that.

Not the one that he scored on but anybody that says the other INT doesn't, they're hatin' on Drew and I'd tell them to their effin' faces they are. The kid literally lined up at OLB, dropped into zone coverage and plucked a ball that Richardson tried to force by him. If he does things like this more and mix in some plays in man coverage, I think that no one should have anything to say. Just line up at the Crow & **** buffet, there'll be plenty to go around...

Advertisement

Rousseau

Now or 2-3 years down the road? Remember what Jimmy J the Gawd use to say the trick to recruiting was...Seeing a kid and being able to project how he will develop 2 years down the road.

Chatfield can be good but has he already maxed out? Rousseau has the potential to be a freak at that DE/OLB spot if developed right. Kid is already..what...6'5 230 and has played **** near 4 different positions on the field including DE and WR? LOL. Come on man.

Rousseau

Now or 2-3 years down the road? Remember what Jimmy J the Gawd use to say the trick to recruiting was...Seeing a kid and being able to project how he will develop 2 years down the road.

Chatfield can be good but has he already maxed out? Rousseau has the potential to be a freak at that DE/OLB spot if developed right. Kid is already..what...6'5 230 and has played **** near 4 different positions on the field including DE and WR? LOL. Come on man.

I'll tell you right now bruh, he's gotta lotta room to grow. I don't how much taller he's gonna get, if any, but I just saw that kid shirtless after the Booker T game, and he does not have the build of someone who's "maxed out"...

Not the one that he scored on but anybody that says the other INT doesn't, they're hatin' on Drew and I'd tell them to their effin' faces they are. The kid literally lined up at OLB, dropped into zone coverage and plucked a ball that Richardson tried to force by him. If he does things like this more and mix in some plays in man coverage, I think that no one should have anything to say. Just line up at the Crow & **** buffet, there'll be plenty to go around...

Yes, he dropped into zone coverage, but that's one of the most basic aspects of coverage as an OLB. What you should be looking for is does a player have to open up their hips or change directions in coverage suddenly based off of the offensive player against the pass. That's what people should be looking at when evaluating if a player can make the switch in a 4-3 defense at the college level.

Advertisement

Rousseau

Chatfield still has a small lower body...likely can put on 20-30 pounds easy. Not to down a current commit to bad..but hes playing small school ball at champagnat. I like him as a OLB/DE have no clue why he was playing safety (other than him playing small school ball where he can do whatever)..and he has ability as a big wr at that level. Hes a solid athlete apperently...we shall see how it develops and translates. Just my opinion..not fact..recruiting talk..we shall revisit down the road.

Advertisement

No, clear and complete written communication is key.

Advertisement
Back