Camp Chatfield or Game Chatfield?

Advertisement
Kool doesn't want him I don't want him. End of story.

Kool has nothing left to prove in his career to earn my trust on player evals

He isn't playing DE in College so let's stop with the "I trust Coach Kool judgement"

His recruitment will be up to Diaz.

He looks slow. Almost as if he's hurt. Has he gone up against any P5 lineman in games?

I know the back story and how miserably his camp season went, but it is really hard for me to ignore his tape. He fits the idea of what coach Rumph said, 4.4 speed isn't anything if it doesn't translate. Though Kool mentioned he has a minimum number in mind to consider ends. I'm torn on this kid. Does he show out again this season and get an offer? Or does his on field play have a Nesta sized asterisk? What do y'all think?

Game Chatfield has nothing to do with what skills will need to translate to CFB. The interceptions were great, but those plays have nothing to do with what he'll need to do at the next level. But people seem to not understand that.

How so? It shows he can play upright and hands down. Hybrid like UM wants. Its a small sample size yes but IDK how that isn't a sign he has a chance in CFB.

Advertisement
I know the back story and how miserably his camp season went, but it is really hard for me to ignore his tape. He fits the idea of what coach Rumph said, 4.4 speed isn't anything if it doesn't translate. Though Kool mentioned he has a minimum number in mind to consider ends. I'm torn on this kid. Does he show out again this season and get an offer? Or does his on field play have a Nesta sized asterisk? What do y'all think?

Shark-fishing McElwain or Pep rally McElwain?

Shark Fish my dude, lol!

How is getting invited to the opening a miserable camp season lol?

guess cuz pete said he didnt look good in afew reps..they just ran with it...Dude got offered by OSU during camp season...and was actually solid at the opening..i dont get the bad camp season talk

From what I read he got beat on every rep in front Kool. Not a way to get offered IMO.

can anyone actually name any instances where a packaged deal between high level prospects actually happened? it seems like something people are constantly talking about but at the end of the day 4-star & 5-star guys go where they want. offering the poorly rated brother or high school teammate of a big prospect is one thing, but the idea that players of tyson campbell or nesta silvera's level wouldn't go to the school they wanted to go to bcuz one of their teammates wasn't offered just doesn't seem true to me in reality.

can anyone actually name any instances where a packaged deal between high level prospects actually happened? it seems like something people are constantly talking about but at the end of the day 4-star & 5-star guys go where they want. offering the poorly rated brother or high school teammate of a big prospect is one thing, but the idea that players of tyson campbell or nesta silvera's level wouldn't go to the school they wanted to go to bcuz one of their teammates wasn't offered just doesn't seem true to me in reality.

I've seen it happen more where high level guys get the boys a scholly then bounce. Not the other waya around though. We did get a package last year with Deejay and Hilery but those are far and few inbetween from my recollection.

Advertisement
we got deejay and hillery from the same school, but deejay was not going to decommit from miami if hillery was not offered so that was not really a package deal.

Who do you take Chatfield over at this point? I get that, "he just makes plays", but who is going to play in front of here?

Who do you take Chatfield over at this point? I get that, "he just makes plays", but who is going to play in front of here?

What other linebacker/de options are we after and that we have a legit shot at? Louis just went to fsu, Joyner is committed there, how locked in is he? Who knows. At de the cupboard appears rather empty. I'm not really sure who we are recruiting there.

He's depth and thats all. Good depth. We don't need him but if we don't have ther numbers we want by december he's a decent option. But just that. An option, not THE option.

Advertisement

He's depth and thats all. Good depth. We don't need him but if we don't have ther numbers we want by december he's a decent option. But just that. An option, not THE option.

Exactly. Mike Harley 2018 edition, but on defense.

By scenario though, not talent relative to alternatives. Harley was criminally underrated, regularly a camp stud and was far and away the best route runner from SoFLA last year aside from Juedy. And it was close IMO.

If that's the case he's an absolute take given that Harley has been killing it in "practice... But I wouldn't necessarily agree with the Mike Harley 2018 edition comment

Advertisement
He isn't playing DE in College so let's stop with the "I trust Coach Kool judgement"

His recruitment will be up to Diaz.

Exactly....why not offer him as a ATH? Right now Miami doesn't have any committed....looks like Pierre is the only one on the radar..

What other linebacker/de options are we after and that we have a legit shot at? Louis just went to fsu, Joyner is committed there, how locked in is he? Who knows. At de the cupboard appears rather empty. I'm not really sure who we are recruiting there.

umm, what? lol, no it does not.

Literally as things stand right now we will have 11 LBs on the roster next year. It is not neccessary to take a Lb in this class. I'd rather take zero LBs in the 2017 class than take Chatfield as a LB. Then Take 3 or 4 LBs in 2018. Its simple.

If that's the case he's an absolute take given that Harley has been killing it in "practice... But I wouldn't necessarily agree with the Mike Harley 2018 edition comment

I meant in terms of a late offer if there's a need.

Tweed is right. We are finally at the stage where we dont need to reach for a player because of need. With 2019 loaded at LB, there is even less of a need to reach.

If Chatfield or any other 2018 LB crushes it during the year, we can then offer/chase.

Advertisement
Back