Cameron Pruitt commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Says he is still with Miami but also 'taking everything slow' and 'anything can change'. Can't say that I came away from that interview feeling very confident he stays with Miami.
Agreed. Biggest thing we have going for us is he loved how we want him at STAR and have a plan for him the next 3-4 years. Doesn't sound like Bama is pushing him for yet but they can come calling during the last hour and we know how that will go. We will see.

Advertisement

A-LIST NO. 14: BOBBY PRUITT, THEODORE
Position:
Linebacker
Height/weight: 6-3, 187
College status: Committed to Miami
Randy Kennedy’s scouting report: Bobby Pruitt could still end up as part of the Alabama class as a player in the mold of former All-American Mark Barron. Pruitt is the rare player who can be an effective pass rusher on one play and a cover man 30 yards down field on the next.

Theodore assistant head coach and defensive coordinator Randy Larson hasn’t coached many high school football players like Bobby Pruitt.

“He is truly one of the most football savvy kids I’ve ever had,” Larson said.

Pruitt’s intelligence and flexibility on defense have helped him rise up the recruiting rankings for the Class of 2024. He committed to Miami in June but is still being heavily pursued by Alabama among other colleges.

“I’m really stuck on Miami, but I realize anything can happen in the future,” Pruitt said at Mobile County Media Days last week. “Something could change or something could not. But I did commit to Miami for a reason.”

Pruitt comes in at No. 14 on AL.com’s A-List of top senior recruits in Alabama. At 6-foot-3, 187 pounds, he is listed as a linebacker but can play all three levels of most defenses.

“Bobby is an honor student,” Larson said. “He takes dual enrollment classes. He’s so smart and that allows me to play him in that hybrid role. He can start out at safety, move down to linebacker and then line up on the end and go get the quarterback. Not many kids have that type of flexibility. He can do so many different things. He’s a multiple tool guy for sure.”

Pruitt, who also plays basketball for the Bobcats, comes from an athletic background. His father, Etric, is a former standout at Southern Miss and the NFL.

“I’ve known Bobby since he was a little kid,” Larson said. “His dad has been helping us coach football for a long time. I remember him coming up to the fieldhouse when he was 5 or 6 as we were breaking down film. It seems like he’s always been around.”

Bobby got his first indoctrination into varsity football as a freshman in 2020. In a second-round playoff game against perennial 7A power Central-Phenix City, Pruitt had his number called when a veteran player was injured.

“We had an injury late in the year and Bobby had to start,” Larson said. “I think he had like 10 tackles that night as a true freshman. I remember thinking, ‘We have a lot of good mileage left in this kid.’ I knew at that point he was going to be special.”

A year ago, Pruitt helped Theodore to the Region 1 title and an appearance in the Class 6A semifinals. He finished the season with 99 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss and three sacks. He also had eight quarterback hurries, two forced fumbles, five pass breakups and an interception.

“You are going to think I’m crazy, but Bobby can play in the NFL,” former Theodore coach Eric Collier said last season. “I said that about (2023 Mississippi State signee) Will James last year, and I still believe it. Will is an NFL player, and Bobby is as well.”

Larson has the same belief in Pruitt that his former boss did.

“Bobby can be as elite as he wants to be,” he said. “It’s all a mindset. He has the ability and intelligence to play as long as he wants to play. The good Lord willing and he stays healthy, he can play in the NFL one day.

“He has that athleticism, length and ability to be multi-use that coaches look for on every level. He is not a guy who has to be pigeon-holed into one position. Bobby can play football for a long time if he stays focused.”

Pruitt’s talent was quickly evident to Steve Mask, a Hall of Fame football coach who took over the Theodore program after Collier joined the South Alabama staff in the offseason. Mask said the Bobcats would use Pruitt throughout the defensive alignments and also on offense as needed.

“Bobby is going to graduate,” Mask said. “We are not going to hold him back. We are going to use him as much as we can wherever we can.”

A-LIST NO. 14: BOBBY PRUITT, THEODORE
Position:
Linebacker
Height/weight: 6-3, 187
College status: Committed to Miami
Randy Kennedy’s scouting report: Bobby Pruitt could still end up as part of the Alabama class as a player in the mold of former All-American Mark Barron. Pruitt is the rare player who can be an effective pass rusher on one play and a cover man 30 yards down field on the next.

Theodore assistant head coach and defensive coordinator Randy Larson hasn’t coached many high school football players like Bobby Pruitt.

“He is truly one of the most football savvy kids I’ve ever had,” Larson said.

Pruitt’s intelligence and flexibility on defense have helped him rise up the recruiting rankings for the Class of 2024. He committed to Miami in June but is still being heavily pursued by Alabama among other colleges.

“I’m really stuck on Miami, but I realize anything can happen in the future,” Pruitt said at Mobile County Media Days last week. “Something could change or something could not. But I did commit to Miami for a reason.”

Pruitt comes in at No. 14 on AL.com’s A-List of top senior recruits in Alabama. At 6-foot-3, 187 pounds, he is listed as a linebacker but can play all three levels of most defenses.

“Bobby is an honor student,” Larson said. “He takes dual enrollment classes. He’s so smart and that allows me to play him in that hybrid role. He can start out at safety, move down to linebacker and then line up on the end and go get the quarterback. Not many kids have that type of flexibility. He can do so many different things. He’s a multiple tool guy for sure.”

Pruitt, who also plays basketball for the Bobcats, comes from an athletic background. His father, Etric, is a former standout at Southern Miss and the NFL.

“I’ve known Bobby since he was a little kid,” Larson said. “His dad has been helping us coach football for a long time. I remember him coming up to the fieldhouse when he was 5 or 6 as we were breaking down film. It seems like he’s always been around.”

Bobby got his first indoctrination into varsity football as a freshman in 2020. In a second-round playoff game against perennial 7A power Central-Phenix City, Pruitt had his number called when a veteran player was injured.

“We had an injury late in the year and Bobby had to start,” Larson said. “I think he had like 10 tackles that night as a true freshman. I remember thinking, ‘We have a lot of good mileage left in this kid.’ I knew at that point he was going to be special.”

A year ago, Pruitt helped Theodore to the Region 1 title and an appearance in the Class 6A semifinals. He finished the season with 99 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss and three sacks. He also had eight quarterback hurries, two forced fumbles, five pass breakups and an interception.

“You are going to think I’m crazy, but Bobby can play in the NFL,” former Theodore coach Eric Collier said last season. “I said that about (2023 Mississippi State signee) Will James last year, and I still believe it. Will is an NFL player, and Bobby is as well.”

Larson has the same belief in Pruitt that his former boss did.

“Bobby can be as elite as he wants to be,” he said. “It’s all a mindset. He has the ability and intelligence to play as long as he wants to play. The good Lord willing and he stays healthy, he can play in the NFL one day.

“He has that athleticism, length and ability to be multi-use that coaches look for on every level. He is not a guy who has to be pigeon-holed into one position. Bobby can play football for a long time if he stays focused.”

Pruitt’s talent was quickly evident to Steve Mask, a Hall of Fame football coach who took over the Theodore program after Collier joined the South Alabama staff in the offseason. Mask said the Bobcats would use Pruitt throughout the defensive alignments and also on offense as needed.

“Bobby is going to graduate,” Mask said. “We are not going to hold him back. We are going to use him as much as we can wherever we can.”

Lol kids man…This reads as if i get a committable offer from bama I might stay but if not im going to miami

Advertisement
I give it a 30% chance this kid ends up in Coral Gables
Halloween GIF

Advertisement
Pruitt spoke to Ferman's staff this week. He will be down for the game. It's his first visit since summer and he is very excited.
Said he's been watching the games on tv and can't wait to get back down to watch in person.

Said he's locked in and looking forward to building more relationships with his future teammates.

"Pruitt feels he’s grown close to four-star Miami running back commit Kevin Riley and three-star quarterback Judd Anderson, who were two of the Hurricanes’ earlier pledges in the 2024 class. He sees Riley around the state of Alabama due to their status as two of the state’s top recruits, and he texts Anderson regularly about football and life. He added he’s still locked in with Miami and feels good about his commitment."

Pruitt spoke to Ferman's staff this week. He will be down for the game. It's his first visit since summer and he is very excited.
Said he's been watching the games on tv and can't wait to get back down to watch in person.

Said he's locked in and looking forward to building more relationships with his future teammates.

"Pruitt feels he’s grown close to four-star Miami running back commit Kevin Riley and three-star quarterback Judd Anderson, who were two of the Hurricanes’ earlier pledges in the 2024 class. He sees Riley around the state of Alabama due to their status as two of the state’s top recruits, and he texts Anderson regularly about football and life. He added he’s still locked in with Miami and feels good about his commitment."
Kid is good and underrated

1696564102516.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back