Cameron Pruitt commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Bump... We gotta keep Pruitt on board. Saban just offered yesterday.
He plays in our 6A region along with Saraland.

but but but he's a ThReE StAr

Remember when all the negative nancys were moaning about how Mario was loading up with 3-stars and there was no way he could possibly have a top 10 class with so many average recruits?

On the one hand, we finally have a staff that is well ahead of the recruiting and social media sites, and a team of evaluators who are vastly superior to the internet and camp "gurus" that rate these kids. On the other, we're slugging it out for Top 100 kids that everyone and their brother can see are ballers, an no one needs a ranking service to tell them they're elite. IMHO, the result will be classes that will be Top 10 on paper pre-college, but when looked at 4 to 5 years later will be Top 5 classes in terms of overall hit ratio and players' on-field production.

Remember when all the negative nancys were moaning about how Mario was loading up with 3-stars and there was no way he could possibly have a top 10 class with so many average recruits?

On the one hand, we finally have a staff that is well ahead of the recruiting and social media sites, and a team of evaluators who are vastly superior to the internet and camp "gurus" that rate these kids. On the other, we're slugging it out for Top 100 kids that everyone and their brother can see are ballers, an no one needs a ranking service to tell them they're elite. IMHO, the result will be classes that will be Top 10 on paper pre-college, but when looked at 4 to 5 years later will be Top 5 classes in terms of overall hit ratio and players' on-field production.
You are conventionally conflating Pruitt into this. Go find me 3 posts where the take was questioned. Reality is that we have some meh takes in this class but Pruitt was never one of those, ever. The last part… well we will have to wait and see but nothing so far has shown that Mario is some savant when it comes to evals. You may very well end up being right though but it’s a wait and see, but people have been beating the drums of how are evals are better since Golden had a couple of guys drafted at Temple.

You are conventionally conflating Pruitt into this. Go find me 3 posts where the take was questioned. Reality is that we have some meh takes in this class but Pruitt was never one of those, ever. The last part… well we will have to wait and see but nothing so far has shown that Mario is some savant when it comes to evals. You may very well end up being right though but it’s a wait and see, but people have been beating the drums of how are evals are better since Golden had a couple of guys drafted at Temple.
Though you have a point in regards to the past, there is a difference now as opposed to then. You are giving all the credit both good or bad to Mario. The program now is set up differently, we now have a scouting department that is in place that never existed in the form that it is now and headed by Alonzo, who's resume speaks for itself in regards to qualifications for this. The hit ratio will never be 100%, never ever ever ever. Hit ratio is not even 100% for the top programs, **** it is not even 50% in the NFL who have a smaller pool to choose from and far more resources. But the odds are that the evals done on the prospects we are going after, that are not the top of the top rated kids, will most likely be more successful than in years past. Those meh takes that you are referring to, in which none of us have any real inside info or eval on, I would venture to say the success rate on hitting on some of those will probably be higher than in years past due to how are scouting department is run now as opposed to years past.

Obviously this discussion is a wait and see one, I am just more optimistic due to the new infrastructure as opposed to previous regimes, which I would think and hope we can all agree is way better than before.

Though you have a point in regards to the past, there is a difference now as opposed to then. You are giving all the credit both good or bad to Mario. The program now is set up differently, we now have a scouting department that is in place that never existed in the form that it is now and headed by Alonzo, who's resume speaks for itself in regards to qualifications for this. The hit ratio will never be 100%, never ever ever ever. Hit ratio is not even 100% for the top programs, **** it is not even 50% in the NFL who have a smaller pool to choose from and far more resources. But the odds are that the evals done on the prospects we are going after, that are not the top of the top rated kids, will most likely be more successful than in years past. Those meh takes that you are referring to, in which none of us have any real inside info or eval on, I would venture to say the success rate on hitting on some of those will probably be higher than in years past due to how are scouting department is run now as opposed to years past.

Obviously this discussion is a wait and see one, I am just more optimistic due to the new infrastructure as opposed to previous regimes, which I would think and hope we can all agree is way better than before.

This is where I'm at, too. And the early signs are supporting the premise. We all saw what Cooper and Young can do. Moten and Bobby are showing a lot of promise, as well. Everyone is raving about Kinsler and Johnson. D$ has Pulliam on the dark horse watchlist, Emory shows early signs of real potential. All three stars. Meanwhile, I know Tripp was a three star who got a fourth star bump later. Johnson is a 4 star on some sites. Can't remember others but I'm sure there were some.

Advertisement
Bama will be hard for him to say no to I'm sure

Kinda think he fits better here…Maybe 3-4 will at Bama?? Because he's obviously not that big type outside guys they like.

Advertisement
Bama will be hard for him to say no to I'm sure

Kinda think he fits better here…Maybe 3-4 will at Bama?? Because he's obviously not that big type outside guys they like.
Problem is the spread is killing most of the 6’4 240 guys.
The number one rated lb in the class is 205.
Saban may be adapting if he offered him. Or he’s gained some weight and we don’t know about it.

But the fans on their sites have been clamoring for them to offer.

it's crazy how Satan can get kids to go there ( not say Pruitt per se) knowing they will sit behind 2-3 5* for a couple years before they will ever get close to the field.He can't even guarantee winning titles now cause UGA is going to beat him for the foreseeable future.

Hope he uses common sense and stays because we need him here and he will play a lot more here than in hicksville.

Problem is the spread is killing most of the 6’4 240 guys.
The number one rated lb in the class is 205.
Saban may be adapting if he offered him. Or he’s gained some weight and we don’t know about it.

But the fans on their sites have been clamoring for them to offer.

Oh I hear ya…But Bama still seems to find them! The top 4 on their depth chart at their Sam and Jack positions only one is under 245 and he's 6'5 235!

Agreed

Everyone that watched two seconds of Pruitts film were raving about him

Dude jumps off the screen immediately

Advertisement
it's crazy how Satan can get kids to go there ( not say Pruitt per se) knowing they will sit behind 2-3 5* for a couple years before they will ever get close to the field.He can't even guarantee winning titles national title games now cause UGA is going to beat him for the foreseeable future.

Hope he uses common sense and stays because we need him here and he will play a lot more here than in hicksville.
Oh I hear ya…But Bama still seems to find them! The top 4 on their depth chart at their Sam and Jack positions only one is under 245 and he's 6'5 235!
it's those Bama Gummies they hand out on LOI Signing day...

Advertisement

I give credit good and bad to Mario because thats how it works, he gets the glory and hate depending how it works out. There is no doubt that the program as a whole has gone from AA ball to the big leagues in how it operates. I also have no delusions of 100% hit rates either or anything like that, its not lost on me.

I dont doubt that the evals will be much better than previous staffs, they **** better be because it cant get much worse than they have been in the past. Thats still doesnt mean that a top 10 class will be viewed as top 5 class moving forward. Zo is helpful and a great addition who should help a ton but people on here make it out like other schools dont have the resources to touch him because he worked in NFL scouting departments. So I 100% believe we will set a new standard here at Miami that we havent seen in a while, I can already see the difference as we type this. I just dont know how it will compare to other schools yet.

That's because Bama plays a 3-3-5 and the "jack" position is just a stand up defensive end. Their hybrid db/lb position is called the "star" and Malachi Moore is the starter there at 6' 198.

Advertisement
Back