Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
Let’s double Howard’s offer to see if we can get him to come back.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I realize that Ward knew he wasn’t coming shortly after the visit. My guess is that he used Miamis offer to try and get FSU or OSU to match. It doesn’t take three weeks for you decide between the NFL and Miami
Regarding Ward, yes, 100% where I am with this. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

Which part or all of it, lol
Howard was all in his feels thinking ward was getting preference. (Miami would (have) taken either even if ward was slight favorite is my understanding). Staff told him that wasn’t the case, he could commit and they would take it.

He didn’t commit. So sad because you think being neglected then don’t take the chance to commit afterall? Weird. Typical. Miami.

Howard was all in his feels thinking ward was getting preference. (Miami would (have) taken either even if ward was slight favorite is my understanding). Staff told him that wasn’t the case, he could commit and they would take it.

He didn’t commit. So sad because you think being neglected then don’t take the chance to commit afterall? Weird. Typical. Miami.
This firsthand knowledge or recycled CIS info?

Advertisement
This firsthand knowledge or recycled CIS info?
greece looks GIF

Is Grayson McCall still available? I'd go after him, ready to move on from Ward it seems he's looking for every reason not to go to UM granted after the showing in the bowl game I don't blame him.

Advertisement

I believe that was original plan. Then Howard wanted to commit and they told him a QB was on his way to visit and they didn’t want to cancel on him since he was on his way (Ward). Miami changed plans and slowed Ward to visit. That’s why there was a lot of smoke on a commitment on that Thursday and the staff was to originally make a decision because if they didn’t, it risked Howard visiting USC, which he ended up doing and then you had the whole Ward deciding thing by Sunday the week prior to Christmas.

But I am sure Cribby and D$ and others can clarify eventually.

I believe that was original plan. Then Howard wanted to commit and they told him a QB was on his way to visit and they didn’t want to cancel on him since he was on his way (Ward). Miami changed plans and slowed Ward to visit. That’s why there was a lot of smoke on a commitment on that Thursday and the staff was to originally make a decision because if they didn’t, it risked Howard visiting USC, which he ended up doing and then you had the whole Ward deciding thing by Sunday the week prior to Christmas.

But I am sure Cribby and D$ and others can clarify eventually.
Miami was up front - both players knew before they arrived the other was coming The above is from after ward was on campus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, other QBs can and likely will jump in the portal but that wasn’t the plan. Obviously you have no choice but to pivot from that plan but let’s not pretend that the staff doesn’t have egg on their face.

@SaiyaMan305 - my understanding is they would’ve gotten a commitment from Howard when he made his visit here with his mom even after Ward visited the next day but staff had basically a day to decide: Accept Howard commitment or sit on waiting on Cam. They decided to wait.
You're guessing ... nobody from the staff has ever confirmed that. Reality is ... nobody outside of Mario REALLY knows what the options and decisions have been to this date. Everybody else is speculating.

You're guessing ... nobody from the staff has ever confirmed that. Reality is ... nobody outside of Mario REALLY knows what the options and decisions have been to this date. Everybody else is speculating.
Fair -

I guess in the end, we can agree on one thing: it all falls on Mario one way or another, good or bad.

Advertisement
Back