Cam Ward to Portal

CIS mopes prepping their gifs rn for midnight about how Ward is late to commit and how our insiders lied.
1703480495560.gif

Advertisement
USC fan, and first time poster here. Been a fan of The U for a long time, and I have lots respect for the program. It's just been down for a while just like my USC Trojans.Anyway, USC has never been in play for Ward. Word out here, and around campus is, USC boosters didn't want to fork out the $1 mil+ asking price of Ward. So Lincoln Riley went ahead and pursued Will Howard instead. Howard is due to make a official announcement later on Wednsday after our bowl game, but nothing is set in stone and anyone, including Miami could still get him.

tOSU: Combination of QB development for the NFL and decent NIL
USC: Combination of QB development for the NFL and decent NIL
FSU: Weak NIL payment, and they're losing a lot starters for next season.
In terms of NIL payment:
MIami: Huge NIL payout + great O linemen for Ward to shine (What is the WR room looking like for next season?).
Oregon: Huge NIL payout, but they already got their QB room filled.

I think it's between Miami and Ohio State in the Ward sweepstakes. I think it's 50/50. Ward was my first choice also for USC, it's too bad our boosters weren't willing to pay him out. But I understand, the NIL money is going to other positions in need. Ward would be fun to watch next season if he does transfer to Miami, and it would make Miami the favorites for the ACC Championship, and a high spot in the 12 man playoffs.
I'm sure Will Ferrell can afford him!

If he had elite NFL talent he would be in the draft

I Guess If You Say So GIF

Miami needs a QB who isn’t going to throw a ton of INT. I’m hoping Cams INT were cause he was trying to force the ball and do too much cause his team sucked. I haven’t watched his tape and won’t till he commits. His turnover numbers are concerning though.

Turnovers cost Miami a 10 win season.

Miami needs a QB who isn’t going to throw a ton of INT. I’m hoping Cams INT were cause he was trying to force the ball and do too much cause his team sucked. I haven’t watched his tape and won’t till he commits. His turnover numbers are concerning though.

He threw 7 interceptions. Howard threw 10. Penix threw 9. Milroe, and Ewers had 6. I think its safe to say, he's good enough to make the playoffs with.

Advertisement
He threw 7 interceptions. Howard threw 10. Penix threw 9. Milroe, and Ewers had 6. I think its safe to say, he's good enough to make the playoffs with.
Better stat is interception percentage, his INT numbers are inflated from throwing the ball so much.

Ward had the 16th lowest, Howard 88th, Penix 33rd, Milroe 51st, Ewers 26th, McCarthy 13th. He doesn't throw the ball to the other team.

I’ve said it a bunch of times but he’s on a different level than the other QBs are to me. I know we are saying Howard is with him and I like Howard, but Cam is the difference maker

I could be way wrong down the road but right now he’s the guy we need

Just was saying if he was considered an elite NFL talent at the moment that to me is first round stuff which he’s not there yet. But hopefully he comes here and improves his draft stock and everyone wins

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed. He is better than TVd cause he can move but I don’t see elite nfl talent. Hopefully with a better line he can look better. Still think Miami needs a portal WR to help as well
Agree
If he was elite nfl talent he would be in this years draft
But he is a good college QB w the right support on team, like Miami, could lead team to playoffs
No doubt!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back