Cam Ward to Portal

“Just really going over their offense. I wanted to get just an idea of how he installs their offense to a new quarterback coming in — just read-wise, coverage-wise,” Ward said. “I really also got to know him as a person. I got a chance to talk to him a lot of times once I first hit the portal. … He’s a good dude. I’ve got a lot of respect for him already.”
“It was good,” he said. “Tallahassee really wasn’t what I expected. But I knew when I got here, it was different, especially coming from Washington State. … Tallahassee’s a college town. It’s something you can see yourself playing in for sure.”
“I love their players, the guys I got to hang around with …,” he said. “Just the brotherhood they have, the bond they have. They all hang with each other.”

This on warchant, I do hate reading this crap, I hope it is one big troll job on FAU.
cribby still says he's coming so i'll trust him, but i won't partake in the delusion that cam ward, a grown *** man, is going to troll FSU for no reason

they went 13-0 and are a legitimate contender to land him

hope he comes to the good guys

Advertisement
Calvin Ward, who was on the visit with his son, chatted exclusively with Noles247 to recap the official visit to FSU and explain what’s next in a recruitment that seems to be an FSU vs. Miami battle on the surface.

HOW DID THE VISIT TO FSU GO?

“From my perspective, it went very well. I was impressed. I was impressed with the town, the facilities, the coaches [and] just the overall hospitality that they showed us.”
YOU’VE BEEN THROUGH THIS RECRUITING PROCESS BEFORE, WHAT STOOD OUT SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE FSU TRIP?

“Just the size of the stadium for one thing. I think that one thing that really stood out, they went into a lot of the X’s and O’s with Cameron and vice versa. He went into a lot of terminology stuff with them. That really stood out to me. My wife and I actually got to sit-in and listen to some of it. I was impressed with that. Overall, Coach Norvell, how he coaches, his plan to keep Florida State at the top. So those are the key things that jumped out to me.”

IT SOUNDS LIKE FSU WAS IMPRESSED WITH HOW CAMERON TOOK TO THE X’S AND O’S…

“He watches a whole lot of film until he masters it. A lot of coverage and what they’re trying to do to him. He really watches a lot of this stuff.”

WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST FACTORS FOR CAMERON AND YOUR FAMILY AS YOU LOOK TO MAKE THIS FINAL DECISION?

“The big thing Cam was looking for is an offense that he can make sure he fits in. An offense that throws the ball. Offensive line with guys that have been there – veteran offensive linemen. Receivers that can go get the ball and a complimentary defense. I think those are things that he is looking for. He only has one year left so he’s got to go in and get it.”

THIS HAS BEEN A BUSY PROCESS FOR YOU, AND YOU’VE TALKED ABOUT MAYBE TAKING AT LEAST ONE MORE VISIT…IS THAT STILL HAPPENING AND WHAT IS YOUR OVERALL TIMELINE?

“He looked at possibly taking another trip, like a day or overnight, but that’s not going to happen. He’s going to go home and go fishing probably the rest of the day. That’s kind of the immediate plan. I would imagine probably tomorrow or Monday he’ll start talking to my wife and I – bouncing stuff off. He might have a Zoom call or something with another team.”

WHETHER IT’S MIAMI OR FSU, ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH ALL THE INFORMATION YOU’VE GATHERED AS YOU SEEM TO BE APPROACHING ON A DECISION?

“Yes, I think pretty much most of the stuff that we wanted, I’d say, it was baptism by fire the first time he went into the Portal the year before last. And I think we learned a whole lot from that experience. So it kind of helped identify the things that are important to him of things that’ll help him be successful, you know, know identifying the right questions to ask coaches to help him to continue to evolve and just be a better overall quarterback

cribby still says we're coming so i'll trust him, but i won't partake in the delusion that cam ward, a grown *** man, is going to troll FSU for no reason

they went 13-0 and are a legitimate contender to land him

hope he comes to the good guys
this. they did get left out but they didnt finish 7-5 or 8-4. they were unbeaten. thats not a good season its an elite season

great weekend for a visit to tally...LOL

SOUTHEAST_loop.gif

That offense will make guys look better than they are. If they have good legs and are a decent passer they’ll look good enough.
He will be sole reason why the FSU game would be competitive next year vs their other 2 QBs on the roster.

Advertisement
Calvin Ward, who was on the visit with his son, chatted exclusively with Noles247 to recap the official visit to FSU and explain what’s next in a recruitment that seems to be an FSU vs. Miami battle on the surface.

“From my perspective, it went very well. I was impressed. I was impressed with the town, the facilities, the coaches [and] just the overall hospitality that they showed us.”
YOU’VE BEEN THROUGH THIS RECRUITING PROCESS BEFORE, WHAT STOOD OUT SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE FSU TRIP?

“Just the size of the stadium for one thing. I think that one thing that really stood out, they went into a lot of the X’s and O’s with Cameron and vice versa. He went into a lot of terminology stuff with them. That really stood out to me. My wife and I actually got to sit-in and listen to some of it. I was impressed with that. Overall, Coach Norvell, how he coaches, his plan to keep Florida State at the top. So those are the key things that jumped out to me.”

“He watches a whole lot of film until he masters it. A lot of coverage and what they’re trying to do to him. He really watches a lot of this stuff.”

WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST FACTORS FOR CAMERON AND YOUR FAMILY AS YOU LOOK TO MAKE THIS FINAL DECISION?

“The big thing Cam was looking for is an offense that he can make sure he fits in. An offense that throws the ball. Offensive line with guys that have been there – veteran offensive linemen. Receivers that can go get the ball and a complimentary defense. I think those are things that he is looking for. He only has one year left so he’s got to go in and get it.”

THIS HAS BEEN A BUSY PROCESS FOR YOU, AND YOU’VE TALKED ABOUT MAYBE TAKING AT LEAST ONE MORE VISIT…IS THAT STILL HAPPENING AND WHAT IS YOUR OVERALL TIMELINE?

“He looked at possibly taking another trip, like a day or overnight, but that’s not going to happen. He’s going to go home and go fishing probably the rest of the day. That’s kind of the immediate plan. I would imagine probably tomorrow or Monday he’ll start talking to my wife and I – bouncing stuff off. He might have a Zoom call or something with another team.”

WHETHER IT’S MIAMI OR FSU, ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH ALL THE INFORMATION YOU’VE GATHERED AS YOU SEEM TO BE APPROACHING ON A DECISION?

“Yes, I think pretty much most of the stuff that we wanted, I’d say, it was baptism by fire the first time he went into the Portal the year before last. And I think we learned a whole lot from that experience. So it kind of helped identify the things that are important to him of things that’ll help him be successful, you know, know identifying the right questions to ask coaches to help him to continue to evolve and just be a better overall quarterback
They never asked him what Cam thought of the ***** in Tallahassee. There’s a reason for that!

It’s cause WE FUCCIN!!!!!!!!!

“Just really going over their offense. I wanted to get just an idea of how he installs their offense to a new quarterback coming in — just read-wise, coverage-wise,” Ward said. “I really also got to know him as a person. I got a chance to talk to him a lot of times once I first hit the portal. … He’s a good dude. I’ve got a lot of respect for him already.”
“It was good,” he said. “Tallahassee really wasn’t what I expected. But I knew when I got here, it was different, especially coming from Washington State. … Tallahassee’s a college town. It’s something you can see yourself playing in for sure.”
“I love their players, the guys I got to hang around with …,” he said. “Just the brotherhood they have, the bond they have. They all hang with each other.”

This on warchant, I do hate reading this crap, I hope it is one big troll job on FAU.
I talk to a couple folks very connected at FSU and they’ve been saying DJ for awhile now. They also thought the price was too steep on Ward. Even they thought Miami , maybe OSU.

Advertisement
im curious to what OSUs thinking is? if they aren't in on ward or on his asking price, im good w that bc we desperately need him, but theyre losing their QB and they have a young guys behind there. is there a name we dont know thats bout to dip their name in?

this. they did get left out but they didnt finish 7-5 or 8-4. they were unbeaten. thats not a good season its an elite season.
The term “ELITE” is used entirely too much around here. There was nothing ELITE about FSUs season or their team. It’s why they’re not in the playoffs! They were very good team, at best.

Advertisement

“The size of the stadium” stood out

☠️

That’s like saying the fat girl has a nice personality

Advertisement
The term “ELITE” is used entirely too much around here. There was nothing ELITE about FSUs season or their team. It’s why they’re not in the playoffs! They were very good team, at best.
they went 13-0. I know you guys want to hate to hate but if we were 13-0, wed be screaming elite. they had an elite season at 13-0. fun fact, UF never went undefeated in their entire history. not a lot of teams go unbeaten. FSU did. im not gonna hate on what they did this past year bc they set out a goal to go unbeaten and they did that.

Advertisement
Back