Cam Ward to Portal

Advertisement
Read option, not RPO.
Both honestly.

Read option for sure, he’s quick. But we could incorporate RPO’s with quick slants to guys like Breshard, guys with minimalistic route capabilities. Or Even rolling him out of the pocket and he has the option to tuck and run or complete something in the flat.

Opportunities open up big time when you have a lethal dual threat + a good OL and speedy WRs. This also applies to Leonard fwiw, but he’s more of a bruiser than Ward is when running.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Both honestly.

Read option for sure, he’s quick. But we could incorporate RPO’s with quick slants to guys like Breshard, guys with minimalistic route capabilities. Or Even rolling him out of the pocket and he has the option to tuck and run or complete something in the flat.

Opportunities open up big time when you have a lethal dual threat + a good OL and speedy WRs. This also applies to Leonard fwiw.
I haven’t seen Cam run RPO, but RPO is all timing and release quickness.

After watching how Dawson designs his RPOs, I don’t want him to ever run it at Miami again. Offense turned around the last 2 weeks when they stopped running it.

Definitely use him to move the pocket though.

Advertisement
Advertisement

After watching how Dawson designs his RPOs, I don’t want him to ever run it at Miami again. Offense turned around the last 2 weeks when they stopped running it.

How does the RPO and the read option differ?

Advertisement
Back