Cam Ward to Portal

Can anyone provide an example of the sales pitch to someone like this? The OL, I realize, will be central to the persuasion. What about other options that may also have decent OLs? What are we pitching?
Weak conference/weak schedule, Conference champion most likely loses 65% of their team to the draft/ineligibility, #2 and #3 yardage ACC WR's. a Qb away from 9-10 win season this year, next year we will be better

Advertisement
Can anyone provide an example of the sales pitch to someone like this? The OL, I realize, will be central to the persuasion. What about other options that may also have decent OLs? What’s our core angle?

- OL
- $ (I presume we won’t be the leader here, necessarily)
- few returning WRs
- work
- Dawson can spread it with the right QB?
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

But you can also pitch WR production + the opportunity to play in a P4 conference with (what’s on paper) a relatively easier schedule, marquee non-con @UF and other nationally televised games like @louisville and FSU.

Some schools will definitely have stronger pitches, like Oregon. But…have to give it a shot and probably outbid everyone.

He's an intriguing prospect but he turns it over a ton (8 fumbles this year alone!). I get his OL was awful, but I'd prefer someone a little less loose with the ball.

He's not that good. But if protected he can be decent. Not a big time runner either, but mobile enough to make an occasional play with his feet.

He's overrated because of a HEAVILY skewed passing offense. Again though, if you can protect him (and that should be our calling card with CMC), he is adequate, hope we can do better, but I'm not sure who we've back-channelled or who will be available.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
You take this kid and don’t think twice (if he is interested). I think some of you may have a little misconception about Mario’s reputation with QB’s and his ability to land one vs other big programs. We’d be lucky af to land this kid and my money is on whoever we trot out there vs. UF not being close to this kids level. I hope I’m wrong.

Advertisement
Good player but I'm not giving this guy $1 million in NIL when we have other needs to fill.

Agree he's simply not that good.

I don't hold PFF to be infallible by any means…There are flaws and it's still the evaluator's opinions. But it can be a helpful tool…And this case it matches up with my eyes...BUT anyway since moving up to FBS

Ward's BIG TIME THROW/TURNOVER THROW Ratio according to PFF

2022 HORRIBLE 10-21
2023 Better but still not good 22-20

His counting stats are a product of them never running the ball. Again, we need a QB and we can protect. I do give him a small pass because he gets hit alot. But this kid shouldn't be option #1 imo

Has arm talent…But decision making leaves alot to be desired.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My #1a if he does enter with Riley Leonard.

What he did the past two years with an atrocious, and I mean atrocious OLine, was nothing short of spectacular.

RPO game would be phenomenal, and I bet Lee would consider staying if he saw this guy was coming in.
Read option, not RPO.

You take this kid and don’t think twice (if he is interested). I think some of you may have a little misconception about Mario’s reputation with QB’s and his ability to land one vs other big programs. We’d be lucky af to land this kid and my money is on whoever we trot out there vs. UF not being close to this kids level. I hope I’m wrong.

Take him…Yes?

Option#1…I can't see it.

Advertisement
Back