Cam Ward to Portal

has anybody done a comparrison between cam ward and d'eric king? who would you take between those 2? ward is a lot taller and heavier but they are both shifty runners who can pass on the run. I liked d'eric and if ward is a good as him, im happy.

Advertisement
has anybody done a comparrison between cam ward and d'eric king? who would you take between those 2? ward is a lot taller and heavier but they are both shifty runners who can pass on the run. I liked d'eric and if ward is a good as him, im happy.
Cam ward is not nearly as dynamic a runner as d'eriq king.. Stronger / better arm for sure, typical gunslinger

D'eriq I think was more dynamic because he could maneuver in the pocket, cam ward really struggles with pocket awareness. Yes his OL is below average, but taking 39 sacks for - 260 yards is just really, really bad

all in all, 120 carries for 144 yards for cam ward - averaging 1.2 yards per carry

Cam ward is not nearly as dynamic a runner as d'eriq king.. Stronger / better arm for sure, typical gunslinger

D'eriq I think was more dynamic because he could maneuver in the pocket, cam ward really struggles with pocket awareness. Yes his OL is below average, but taking 39 sacks for - 260 yards is just really, really bad

all in all, 120 carries for 144 yards for cam ward - averaging 1.2 yards per carry
The sacks and fumbles worry me...I think sacks are way more of a QB stat than people like to think (obviously a bad OL doesn't help).

That said, other than Caleb Williams, which QB from the portal isn't a dented can?

Advertisement
is this the "cam ward"-thread or the "i had lemon pepper chicken and i deepthroated them like my ex deepthroated me. i miss her, I'll hit her up and see how she does"-thread?
Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

I said Wednesday” they want it done in 4-5 days and “if “ that happens in that period everyone will be happy. Ward is the top guy and with Howard a close second“. National media has us landing Mccord for Christs sake lol. They also had Ward pegged to OSU with no mention of Miami being a threat. So I wouldn’t pay them any mind.

Any insight as to where Gabriel fit into the picture?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The sacks and fumbles worry me...I think sacks are way more of a QB stat than people like to think (obviously a bad OL doesn't help).

That said, other than Caleb Williams, which QB from the portal isn't a dented can?
I didn't watch enough Washington State football to make a definitive statement but a lot of times QBs who scramble a lot take more sacks than guys who can't run because they're not willing to just throw it away. Van Dyke couldn't run at all but he didn't get sacked a lot because A) the line was good and B) He didn't hold onto the ball forever. I'm thinking that a lot of the sacks that Ward took were the result of him trying to do too much. That offense was pretty one dimensional and it's not like he had a ton of help there.

Cause unlike Deriq, Cam keeps them eyes downfield while moving. He evades to pass the ball. King evaded to find a running lane.

Cam has pretty good pocket awareness. Seen him evade pressure from peripheral plenty of times. He needs to learn to throw the ball away and/or tuck the ball tight when being wrapped up.

Advertisement
Which is why we are all here getting much better info at...checks notes...zero cost (unless you're paying a whopping $25/year premium).
Not gonna lie I have an annual sub for 247. Usually get it around Black Friday when it's cheap. I enjoy reading their post commit write ups, recruit reactions, etc. But when I want the real info, I know where to come. (pause)

I didn't watch enough Washington State football to make a definitive statement but a lot of times QBs who scramble a lot take more sacks than guys who can't run because they're not willing to just throw it away. Van Dyke couldn't run at all but he didn't get sacked a lot because A) the line was good and B) He didn't hold onto the ball forever. I'm thinking that a lot of the sacks that Ward took were the result of him trying to do too much. That offense was pretty one dimensional and it's not like he had a ton of help there.

I challenge you to watch a few games and see how accurate your take really is. I see it as spot on.

Advertisement
Back