Cam Ward to Portal

Probably and that’s ok with me. Jmo

The top Air Raid QB would be alright with me.

I just don’t trust Ward to have the kind of success he’s had outside of the Run and Shoot offense he’s played in.

He specifically went to WSU because that was his FCS offense. Asking him to play in a different one and get it down in one offseason isn’t going to work.

It feels like it’s setting up Sumlin removing Khalil Tate from the Rich Rod style offense.

Advertisement
He may not be the perfect answer but I do think he's a **** good one. He's made some really pretty throws against top 10 teams. He's a threat to run, especially in the RZ. And he brings a lot of leadership at the QB position that we haven't had since King. Is he my #1 choice? No. But is he a good get? Yes. Can he be our Clayton Tune? Yes.
This. Who is the top individual talent/NFL prospect and who fits our scheme, culture, and best chance to win next year are two different things.

1701471797612.png

He may not be the perfect answer but I do think he's a **** good one. He's made some really pretty throws against top 10 teams. He's a threat to run, especially in the RZ. And he brings a lot of leadership at the QB position that we haven't had since King. Is he my #1 choice? No. But is he a good get? Yes. Can he be our Clayton Tune? Yes.

The 2 will’s are at the top of my list. Howard is a really good athlete.

Advertisement
Everything depends on what the staff wants the offensive identity to be moving forward.

If we're trying to be like Michigan/UGA, then no Cam Ward definitely isn't & would not be the pick.

If establishing the run & controlling the clock is the main objective for the Offense, then yes guys like Will Howard, Matt Sluka, Tyler Shough etc.. would probably be the better fits.

The 2 will’s are at the top of my list. Howard is a really good athlete.
Howard makes plays with his feet and has 9 rushing TDs on the year to go along with 350+ yards. He’s also shown he can play well in big games (Big 12 CG last year, Texas game this year)

That’s an element we’ve been sorely missing from our offense and could make a pretty huge difference.

This. Who is the top individual talent/NFL prospect and who fits our scheme, culture, and best chance to win next year are two different things.
Think you guys are describing will rogers

Ran leach’s offense, has strong reputation for being a good leader and dependable player

Physical limitations are there but he is probably the most seamless transition in terms of schematics

Think you guys are describing will rogers

Ran leach’s offense, has strong reputation for being a good leader and dependable player

Physical limitations are there but he is probably the most seamless transition in terms of schematics
Agreed, Ward is the best talent overall but not sure he gives us a better chance at the conference championship over the others mentioned. Would still be a great take but I don’t think it would be the best one.

Advertisement
Looking at stats, similar to TVD, but can also run the ball. TVD+
yeah I mean howard is a better runner than ward, rogers, Pratt, etc. so I'll give you that

but just not really sure he's a fit for this offense based on what Dawson runs but we'll see

either way I'm excited to have a new leader at qb

Advertisement
I like his running ability….but that pass doesn’t have much zip at all. He is a winner though, and that is an attribute that can’t be taught or fixed in the weight room.
The turnover issues early in his career spoke me a bit but have improved. That said, He was under 60% passing each year before this one. Love the size and playmaking ability but Dawson’s version of the air raid that was most effective centered around getting the ball fairly quickly to our athletes in space.

I think Ward fits our culture the best of any of these QBs. Kids would love playing with him. His ability to extend plays and his accuracy to go along with our skill position players in open space would be very hard to stop. Our offense would be EXPLOSIVE! This is a no brainer to me, pay this kid whatever it takes.

I think Ward fits our culture the best of any of these QBs. Kids would love playing with him. His ability to extend plays and his accuracy to go along with our skill position players in open space would be very hard to stop. Our offense would be EXPLOSIVE! This is a no brainer to me, pay this kid whatever it takes.

Agreed,

We are bringing in JoJo, Chance, and Carr. Play to the strength of the talent you're acquiring and get them a QB who can get them the ball.

Ward will instantly make us a 10-win team.

Advertisement
I like his running ability….but that pass doesn’t have much zip at all. He is a winner though, and that is an attribute that can’t be taught or fixed in the weight room.
There's a few passes in there with zip. It just doesn't seem like he throws the fastball often.

Wont be a popular pick but Tyler Shough is interesting. I think he played for Mario at Oregon, big dude, has some arm talent and can run. He had some freak injuries and has always been hurt so hard to put your eggs in that basket but nice skillset that would fit this offense.
No man.

Just no.

One thing about Pratt when you watch his highlights is that he hits guys in stride so often. Half way through one of his videos I was amazed at how often he would hit guys perfectly in stride on all throws, short, intermediate and deep. The YAC his WRs get is impressive.

Advertisement
Back