Cam Ward to Portal

Apparently he’s headed to Oregon 😔
was always going to be a battle to get him off the west coast

for all the stuff going on at USC, Riley still has coached 3 heisman winners

and Oregon is arguably the best team in the country and needs a qb, and bo nix might win the heisman

Advertisement
we never get nice things so I don't want to get my hopes up

but ****

c'mon and live in Miami for a year cam
It was always a pipe dream for us to land the best QB in the portal with opening for Washington, USC and Oregon QB1 spots. It's why us passing on guys like Will Howard, Will Rogers or Taulia never made a ton of sense. We have to convince a QB to come here despite the significant regression of TVD.

Would submit my highest and best offer immediately.

There are going to be guys that become better than Cam Ward from this portal class, but he's ready to rock and roll right now and he's in money makin szn and there nothing he's done so far that makes me think any less of him when he first transferred up. He's still got more to prove and show, but its all there. The jump from Y1 to Y2 at Wazzu was noticeable. His next jump looks like you're getting 8.0+ ypa, right system over 4K yards, 3:1 TD:INT. He's nice.
If they’re only submitting an offer now… he’s not coming. He entered knowing where he’s going.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can some one explain why people assume he stays on the west coast? He is a Texas kid.

I think it’s a familiarity thing. Obviously from knowing your opponents, and it’s Common for guys to transfer within the same conference. Whoever he has advising him could have ties to other PAC teams. Plus Oregon, Washington, and USC all have good offensive coaching staffs to sell him on and all will happen to need new QBs next year.

Obviously like you point out no home ties to the PNW though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
just not sure how someone can watch this and tell me that will howard is the answer

decent qb, but he should be the 3rd or 4th fallback

He may not be the perfect answer but I do think he's a **** good one. He's made some really pretty throws against top 10 teams. He's a threat to run, especially in the RZ. And he brings a lot of leadership at the QB position that we haven't had since King. Is he my #1 choice? No. But is he a good get? Yes. Can he be our Clayton Tune? Yes.

Advertisement
Back