Cam Harris Season Highlights -- Can He Make Roster For Power Run Team?

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?
For one, shout out to "Holsum 1 Holloway" on Youtube for pumping these highlights out. Here's the link to his Youtube filled with UM player highlights: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwQSxvYKSeIvue6qNjzRTrA

We know Cam; what he lacks in side-to-side and 3rd down value, he compensates with speed, power and burst.

Q: Power run teams will always be around. Browns, Patriots, Titans, Bills, Ravens, etc. Assuming he bounces back from his knee injury and can regain his burst --which is special (23 mph according to the Herald) --- should Cam Harris command a roster spot next season?

Advertisement
Cam lacks the vision and contact balance to play at next level.

I think his vision is better than we give credit for.

Contact balance and lateral quickness are his biggest issues.

I think he will play at least five years if drafted by the right team. We underutilized him in the pass game. This is where he has hidden value to go with his ability to break long runs.

Advertisement
Good size and nice straight line speed. Good receiver who can take a short pass to the house. Struggles a bit in a zone scheme where the running back has to pick the hole. Goes down a bit too easy for such a solidly built guy. Doesn’t change direction smoothly, almost has to jump cut instead of just swiveling his hips.

He can play in the league as a RB2 or RB3. Depends on the system he plays in.

Cam has a good combo of size and speed to play in the league....would fit well in a outside zone blocking (designed cutback) scheme like a Terrell Davis type imo.... doesn't have tackle breaking ability to play on a power team where you also have to run well and cut with vision between tackles...

Last edited:
For one, shout out to "Holsum 1 Holloway" on Youtube for pumping these highlights out. Here's the link to his Youtube filled with UM player highlights: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwQSxvYKSeIvue6qNjzRTrA

We know Cam; what he lacks in side-to-side and 3rd down value, he compensates with speed, power and burst.

Q: Power run teams will always be around. Browns, Patriots, Titans, Bills, Ravens, etc. Assuming he bounces back from his knee injury and can regain his burst --which is special (23 mph according to the Herald) --- should Cam Harris command a roster spot next season?

Cam is a great pass catcher and he can block, so not sure why you said he lacks 3rd down value..

Advertisement
He lacks the balance and stiff-arm Mike James learned while he was here his last 2 years. It got Mike an NFL career from it. Interestingly enough, I feel like he learned a lot of that from being in the same backfield as Duke. YAC is a big deal in the NFL.

Maybe with a great o line he can succeed. Really struggled behind ours in terms of being consistent. Obviously has the long speed

100%. And he will be very successful if his agent can guide him to a team that runs a stretch heavy scheme. As a Dolphins fan I always love to see them go after former Canes, but with McDaniel as HC I would LOVE to see them nab Harris.

Advertisement
Cam can definitely play in the league. There are many rb's in the league right now without great vision, his vision is good enough to play in the league for sure. Best of luck to him!!

I think his vision is better than we give credit for.

Contact balance and lateral quickness are his biggest issues.

I think he will play at least five years if drafted by the right team. We underutilized him in the pass game. This is where he has hidden value to go with his ability to break long runs.
5 years? The average span of an RB career is almost less then 1 season...
I don't know man, love the guy for sticking through it, but for his size, he's not a power runner, he never bullied guys or knocked 'em out.
He's dam good at pass pro though, but those 3rd down backs tend to go to guys who are great in space and turn it up quick, again not his thing.
He's an average P5 back, not exceptional at anything.
He's got great long speed, but that gets nixed in the NFL, cause everyone is fast there, and can only get there when he's wide open and untouched.
He can't make yards for himself, he has but those have been outliers.

5 years? The average span of an RB career is almost less then 1 season...
I don't know man, love the guy for sticking through it, but for his size, he's not a power runner, he never bullied guys or knocked 'em out.
He's dam good at pass pro though, but those 3rd down backs tend to go to guys who are great in space and turn it up quick, again not his thing.
He's an average P5 back, not exceptional at anything.
He's got great long speed, but that gets nixed in the NFL, cause everyone is fast there, and can only get there when he's wide open and untouched.
He can't make yards for himself, he has but those have been outliers.

We said much of the same about Gus, now look at him.

That’s who Cam reminds me of, except he has a lot more yards in college. Gus has shown to be agile in the league, but I never saw him do anything in college that would make me say he is better than Cam. They both took a lot of heat for going down to easily at their size.

Put Cam on a solid run blocking team and I think he outperforms his college career.

Advertisement
I think Cam has the talent to be a practice squad player for a year or two. He'll need some fortunate breaks to get carries IMO.

Judging by the date of this tweet - Jan. 26, my guess is he unfortunately won't be ready to run at the combine, which sucks because speed is his greatest asset.

Last edited:
Can he play special teams because I don’t recall him doing that at UM. Homer for sure, and possibly DJ, played special teams as a way of keeping a spot until an opportunity arose at RB.

We said much of the same about Gus, now look at him.

That’s who Cam reminds me of, except he has a lot more yards in college. Gus has shown to be agile in the league, but I never saw him do anything in college that would make me say he is better than Cam. They both took a lot of heat for going down to easily at their size.

Put Cam on a solid run blocking team and I think he outperforms his college career.
Gus has great flexibility, and attacks the tackler.
Cam is about as stiff as Paranos around thick Midwest women and seems like he never cared for it or can, that's the difference for me.

Advertisement
Back