Cam Harris Season Highlights -- Can He Make Roster For Power Run Team?

Can he play special teams because I don’t recall him doing that at UM. Homer for sure, and possibly DJ, played special teams as a way of keeping a spot until an opportunity arose at RB.

Cam didn't play ST at Miami - but it's really not that big of a deal.

He'll need to play ST to help make a team, but there's a ton of ST players in the NFL that didn't play ST in college.

Special Teams isn't rocket science.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gus has great flexibility, and attacks the tackler.
Cam is about as stiff as Paranos around thick Midwest women and seems like he never cared for it or can, that's the difference for me.

I can respect that.

We will see.

Cam is a great pass catcher and he can block, so not sure why you said he lacks 3rd down value..

I mean, he's at least built to run the ball on 3rd and short.

And he can catch a swing pass in stride.

Maybe what I mean to say is he's not a receiving back. But he can give you just enough to remain a threat on a swing flat.

Keep hearing people say, "If he goes to the right team". I think thats the case for half the guys who enter the draft. I remember posters ( and I agreed) said that if Jeff Thomas ends up a UFA he should go to the Chiefs. Would be a perfect fit. Problem is, sometimes things dont work out like that. You have to make it work wherever you can get an opportunity. Even if its not a fit.

Can Cam do that? Can he shine in any environment? We will see. But its an uphill climb. He will get a shot because when its "skins and shorts" day he will pass the eyeball test at the combine or at Pro Day. And if he blazes a 4.45 or better in the 40. He will have peoples attention. After that, its all on him.

Advertisement
Keep hearing people say, "If he goes to the right team". I think thats the case for half the guys who enter the draft. I remember posters ( and I agreed) said that if Jeff Thomas ends up a UFA he should go to the Chiefs. Would be a perfect fit. Problem is, sometimes things dont work out like that. You have to make it work wherever you can get an opportunity. Even if its not a fit.

Can Cam do that? Can he shine in any environment? We will see. But its an uphill climb. He will get a shot because when its "skins and shorts" day he will pass the eyeball test at the combine or at Pro Day. And if he blazes a 4.45 or better in the 40. He will have peoples attention. After that, its all on him.

With late round/UFA types - I think it's less about fit, and more about getting lucky by landing on a team with a weak depth chart at the position, and/or getting lucky with injuries to players ahead of you to clear playing time.

Gus Edwards landed on a good fit team with the Ravens as a UFA, but he still needed 3 or 4 RB's ahead of him to get injured to see the field as a rookie.

Advertisement
Back