Cam Harris = Hulk (and jumps in the game)

Advertisement
Verbal Warning. Your 1st sentence was sufficient enough.
It’s gonna be funny when Thad and Brown lap him too.

Why the **** would it be funny to see him beat out by some underclassmen? What did he ever do to you to wish he fails?

Man, you're a straight up douche. You should hope he gets his time and they get theirs at a later date.

What a *****.

Verbal Warning. You should've left the last sentence out.
Why the **** would it be funny to see him beat out by some underclassmen? What did he ever do to you to wish he fails?

Man, you're a straight up douche. You should hope he gets his time and they get theirs at a later date.

What a *****.
So because I think he’s an inferior talent I’m a douche? You out of all people shouldn’t be calling anybody a douche. In fact, 70% of this board has no business labeling anybody a douche with the way they talk about recruits moms, other recruits, and people they don’t even know. I guess somebody needed to feel “self righteous” so he doesn’t feel so bad when he ***** somebody over tomorrow at the office.

Advertisement
So because I think he’s an inferior talent I’m a douche? You out of all people shouldn’t be calling anybody a douche. In fact, 70% of this board has no business labeling anybody a douche with the way they talk about recruits moms, other recruits, and people they don’t even know. I guess somebody needed to feel “self righteous” so he doesn’t feel so bad when he ***** somebody over tomorrow at the office.

"It’s gonna be funny when Thad and Brown lap him too."

Even if we go with your inferior talent angle, what's funny about him getting lapped as you say by the underclassmen? Come on, what's funny about it?

Douche *** comment and the rest of your post is just garbage trying to distract from your douchey comment.

So again, what will be funny if he gets surpassed by younger talent? What makes you laugh about that should it happen?

He does run a bit stiff. I hope he's getting flexed out because it can be a time when you're to muscular for the position.
Back in the early ‘60’s they told us not lift because we’d get “muscle bound.” Eat Joe Weider’s protein supplement to get more muscle. Not to go surfing because....well, none of coaches grew up on the beach and they knew nothing about surfing.

Advertisement
Don was easily the best rb in spring , he'd ran away with the job before getting hurt. That being said I've always defended cam but he's limited. He runs hard , physical but lacks acceleration , vision and wiggle. He's good pass blocking and brings long speed . He just misses holes and cutbacks way too much,costing us possible big gainers. Chaney getting hurt likely kept him here and that's a positive , we need as many grown men for a first game that'll be physical.
Well said. Chaney was separating himself in spring and is the true, premier RB talent in the group.

I like Cam, though. He's tough, has good hands and is a proven home-run hitter at the college level. We are better with him on the team.

I don't think his acceleration is bad but it looks bad because he's so reliant on jump cuts and has to decelerate for them. He needs more flexibility in his lower half to use micromovements at speed. The jump cut is the most overused and overrated tool in an RB's toolbox. Cam can make lateral cuts but they're not efficient because he decelerates. It's especially bad when he has to make a guy miss cause like you said he has no wiggle and either stops his feet or tries to run guys over.
This hurts his contact balance, too. He's on his back and side a lot for a physical runner.

I want to see him more involved in the passing game. He can really catch. His quickness limits him a bit as a receiver but his speed makes him threatening.

Advertisement
I don't think his acceleration is bad but it looks bad because he's so reliant on jump cuts and has to decelerate for them. He needs more flexibility in his lower half to use micromovements at speed. The jump cut is the most overused and overrated tool in an RB's toolbox. Cam can make lateral cuts but they're not efficient because he decelerates. It's especially bad when he has to make a guy miss cause like you said he has no wiggle and either stops his feet or tries to run guys over.

You know who else has poor vision, no wiggle and decelerates on contact? @Gooner#44 knows. But at least Etienne has great acceleration and played on an offense that could make the most of his skillset.
As a RB Etienne is >>>>, really not even a comparison. But I am sure if Cam played at Clemson he would be an All American twice and the ACC's all time leading rusher. Truth be told I pull for Cam but Chaney needs to be the alpha back with Knighton the change of pace. I'm sure Cam is a great kid so I wont even come close to bashing him.

Rooting for Cam to have a great season. Great to see him putting in the work...and enjoying it!

He started the season off pretty strong last year but then faded a little. Hope he can consistently maintain a high level of play this year.

Agree with others that he should incorporate quite a bit of functional fitness/yoga into his routine. It would make him more flexible & dynamic and less prone to injury.

Advertisement
All I am seeing is another RB stacking up on size. Chaney is a bigger back, Thad is a big back, Brown is a big back... see a trend here? Lashlee wants work horses.

I dont project Knighton to get a lot of carries inside, he will be used as a scatback catching passes out of the backfield/swing passes/in the slot.

Advertisement
Back