Cam Davis not enrolling until summer B

Advertisement
He should return kick offs as the 4th option??... still sounds like a redshirt candidate to me.

Not a talent issue, just too many weapons.. at some point even 4 star Miami recruits are going to have to accept the fact that they didnt commit to Arkansas State so they might have to redshirt.

Davis totally makes sense for a shirt to me. I think a lot of people are forgetting about Robert Burns, who's had good reports from the offseason. Naturally we don't know if he can stay healthy, but he already took a shirt.

I know RB is a little different, but if you want to be among the elite you need to be shirting talented guys just due to great depth.

To me, same question for Ezzard. The WR's are STACKED -- he could be a good candidate.

Advertisement
He should return kick offs as the 4th option??... still sounds like a redshirt candidate to me.

Not a talent issue, just too many weapons.. at some point even 4 star Miami recruits are going to have to accept the fact that they didnt commit to Arkansas State so they might have to redshirt.
In February you said he wasn't redshirting, what has changed?

:snoopfacepalm:Davis ain't red shirting cause he showing up latter this summer.

It might have an effect, especially if his enrollment gets pushed back again to August. And we can't overlook the influence that—that that effect or effects, might have on something.

Either way, it's tough to believe that he'd be any better than 4th string. However, I'd rather he returns kicks than either Thomas or Homer.

Last edited:
Davis totally makes sense for a shirt to me. I think a lot of people are forgetting about Robert Burns, who's had good reports from the offseason. Naturally we don't know if he can stay healthy, but he already took a shirt.

I know RB is a little different, but if you want to be among the elite you need to be shirting talented guys just due to great depth.

To me, same question for Ezzard. The WR's are STACKED -- he could be a good candidate.

Robert Burns is a bonus, but you can't make plans based on his availability. He hasn't played in a game since optimist league.

Advertisement
I'm not a fan of red shirting running backs unless there is an injury to contend with. Limited shelf life and we are likely losing Homer early. After him, Deejay is a weapon and we have Mr. Glass, I mean Burns, with no game reps. Kid can be our 3rd or 4th option and get 20 carries on the season. Come next year, it will be nice for him to have some game reps at game speed.

I'm not a fan of red shirting running backs unless there is an injury to contend with. Limited shelf life and we are likely losing Homer early. After him, Deejay is a weapon and we have Mr. Glass, I mean Burns, with no game reps. Kid can be our 3rd or 4th option and get 20 carries on the season. Come next year, it will be nice for him to have some game reps at game speed.
What makes you think Homer leaves early ? I keep seeing people say this . To me he seems like the type to stay for his senior year

Advertisement
Am I the only one struggling to see how and why Davis should touch the field this year? At RB, I’m taking all 4 RBs ahead of him and maybe Atkins too. At KR, I’m taking Thomas, Dallas, Bethel, Pope, or Hall. I just don’t see where he gets in.

Am I the only one struggling to see how and why Davis should touch the field this year? At RB, I’m taking all 4 RBs ahead of him and maybe Atkins too. At KR, I’m taking Thomas, Dallas, Bethel, Pope, or Hall. I just don’t see where he gets in.

I'm guessing he'll play on all the return/coverage units, even if he isn't the return guy. That's basically what Homer did his frosh year.

Athletes like Davis have tremendous special teams value

Advertisement
I love Davis as a prospect and think he can help immediately on special teams. However, this is basically best case scenario if I had to pick a commit who couldn't enroll during Summer A. We are LOADED at RB and him coming in July won't change much, if anything.

Robert Burns is a bonus, but you can't make plans based on his availability. He hasn't played in a game since optimist league.

You're absolutely right and I agree on that. BUT there's no sense in burning Davis' redshirt until we have a problem with Burns. We're literally talking about RB #4 here.

I could of sworn he said he enrolling this past weekend

The highschool was like “boi you thought” 😂

I just don't see how Davis is gonna get many carries this season maybe he could get some burn on special teams? Might be a good candidate for red shirting but could also see him making an impact like homer did his freshman year on special teams

Advertisement
Back