Calling out on barry jackson

you don't think UGA is desperate to keep TS. there's some shady stuff that can happen to ensure that you are stuck. from a Miami perspective it doesn't look good that you are linked to a player that hasn't entered the portal yet especially not when you are public enemy 1. it wouldnt shock me if them leaks came from Athens to put pressure on TS and Miami
But if the leaks came from Athens then the boosters already know.

Let's just hope Kirby being a dbag is not overcome by $$$.

Advertisement
you think a CFB prospect, major one at that, is going to change the most important decision of his life to that point because the local media reported it???? Elaborate on that logic.

Barry didn't break Al Blades' condition. He broke that he was out for the season. Two different things.
Al Blades took up his issue with the wrong dude and he was wrong. If he had a bone to pick it's with the SI Dir not with a ****** herald reporter
Ok, Barry.

This isn't bumble****, Alabama. Barry isn't beholden to the University and should be free to report the crap he finds. As long as he is reporting legitimate information obtained through verified sources, then so be it. This is the major difference between coaching at UMiami, and coaching at somewhere like Clemson. You do dirt here, it's going to be discovered and for good reason.

▪ As for cornerback, a source in touch with UM said the Hurricanes would love to snag Georgia and former Miami Southridge cornerback Tyrique Stevenson.

The one big problem: He played for the Bulldogs in their bowl game on Friday and there’s no indication if he wants to transfer to UM or anywhere.

Stevenson — rated the sixth best cornerback and 35th best player in the nation in the 2019 class — has played in 19 games for the Bulldogs over the past two years and has no interceptions, one sack and 10 passes defensed.

Stevenson — who started three regular-season games in 2019 — made a huge play late in Georgia’s comeback bowl win against Cincinnati in Atlanta on Friday, deflecting a Bearcats pass on 3rd and 2.

“Probably was the play of the game. If they complete that, we don’t have a chance to win,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “Did a heck of a job.”

We know Miami has interest and his name has been tossed around internally; this is something to monitor.

The unknown is whether Stevenson has any inclination to leave Georgia and return home; he has given zero public indication if he wants to leave. But there has been chatter inside UM about him.
Barney Jacksoff is a ****, but there's no allegation of tampering there whatsoever. He was loose and stupid with his words, and I'd freeze him out if I was UM. But he didn't allege any form of tampering whatsoever.

Advertisement
This isn't bumble****, Alabama. Barry isn't beholden to the University and should be free to report the crap he finds. As long as he is reporting legitimate information obtained through verified sources, then so be it. This is the major difference between coaching at UMiami, and coaching at somewhere like Clemson. You do dirt here, it's going to be discovered and for good reason.
For good reason? Explain that?

you don't think UGA is desperate to keep TS. there's some shady stuff that can happen to ensure that you are stuck. from a Miami perspective it doesn't look good that you are linked to a player that hasn't entered the portal yet especially not when you are public enemy 1. it wouldnt shock me if them leaks came from Athens to put pressure on TS and Miami
this is definitely an interesting theory... Mansell from UGA 247 refers to "sources he has in south florida". It's not out of the realm of possibility

On the other hand, why would this even be newsworthy if Barry didn't believe UM was taking some action here? The very clear implication from Jacksoff's article is that something (that we all know is potentially a violation) is happening behind the scenes.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have to be "newsworthy" in today's trash era of media. Just spew some scandalous **** that gets clicks, and you're doing your scumbag job.

Advertisement
exactly. these stories are only run down here. let a local Bama reporter run something like that they would be ran out of town. that's the difference with here. they barely even run the stories of when these kids get arrested much less something that can paint a target on the school.

The reason WHY those stories aren't run in SEC country is because it's bumble****. Guess what? This is a major metropolitan city with actual journalists. People like Barry don't have to kowtow to the hick coach that holds more power than the state governor. It's not on Barry to not report things he finds, especially if he is under the impression that his sources are legitimate and the information is valid.

Here's an idea: maybe Manny and his garbage staff should try to keep their **** mouths shut. If you are going to do dirt, you better be good at it, the group handling the dirtiness has to be small, has to be committed, and SHOULDN'T FLAP THEIR GUMS TO THE MEDIA.

Question... Yes Barry is a punk... But for the ppl that's on twitter sharing and retweeting Barry's quote... Isn't that making it worse???

For good reason? Explain that?

The reason is that a free media isn't going to act like a propaganda arm of the athletic department. That's why. If Miami is doing dirt, and gets caught, THAT'S ON US. We should know full well that we cannot do crap and get away with it, because we aren't in the middle of nowhere and the media can't be cowed. It would be a PR nightmare to act like douchebags and deny a beat writer access, because he wrote something that we didn't like, even though the story was handed to him by the **** staff.

I swear, our "Fans" want to be Alabama so **** bad, but they forget that Miami is an actual city.

Advertisement
I didn’t think it actually came from the coaching, honestly. Go back to my history, I’ve ALWAYS had a problem w our media dept, whether those covering it or who’s responsible for it. I think our media dept is 2nd class at best.

But you are citing stuff from back when Dugans was here, and our media department has completely turned over since then.

Look, we may have a crappy media department, but that doesn't mean they have insider recruiting information (or medical information) and it doesn't mean they share that information.

▪ As for cornerback, a source in touch with UM said the Hurricanes would love to snag Georgia and former Miami Southridge cornerback Tyrique Stevenson.

The one big problem: He played for the Bulldogs in their bowl game on Friday and there’s no indication if he wants to transfer to UM or anywhere.

Stevenson — rated the sixth best cornerback and 35th best player in the nation in the 2019 class — has played in 19 games for the Bulldogs over the past two years and has no interceptions, one sack and 10 passes defensed.

Stevenson — who started three regular-season games in 2019 — made a huge play late in Georgia’s comeback bowl win against Cincinnati in Atlanta on Friday, deflecting a Bearcats pass on 3rd and 2.

“Probably was the play of the game. If they complete that, we don’t have a chance to win,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “Did a heck of a job.”

We know Miami has interest and his name has been tossed around internally; this is something to monitor.

The unknown is whether Stevenson has any inclination to leave Georgia and return home; he has given zero public indication if he wants to leave. But there has been chatter inside UM about him.
I'm sorry but THIS is what has OP up in arms? JFC, this is going to be a long offseason.

Advertisement
UGA Rivals

Attachments

• image_2021-01-04_182847.png
    image_2021-01-04_182847.png
    293.3 KB · Views: 163
Barney Jacksoff is a ****, but there's no allegation of tampering there whatsoever. He was loose and stupid with his words, and I'd freeze him out if I was UM. But he didn't allege any form of tampering whatsoever.
Spot on. It was irresponsible reporting. Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend. OP is also inferring something not implied whatsoever. I am sure Miami has interest in a bunch of potential portal entries.

Barry is working for an enterprise ,a newspaper, that like most around the country are struggling to stay open.With that closing would also be the loss of his job.

Barry is writing something he got from somewhere to get clicks for his newspaper or sell papers to help save his job so it’s not his position to not print something he’s dredged up whether it came from a HS coach,Athens or The staff.

‘I’m not a big Barry fan but in this case it’s not his job to keep news like this under wraps.It’s the source that needs to keep his/her mouth shut.

‘IF Manny has an idea where the info came from but can’t confirm he just needs to float some disinformation and see it makes it’s way into print.If it does you find your mole or big mouth and take the necessary measures to make sure that person can never hurt you by leaking info again.

Advertisement
Back