Calling out on barry jackson

Advertisement
1609787477914.png

Advertisement
hating on journalists doing their job or you hate on Ivins types who just put out wishy washy non story clickbait.

Good god some of you people whine so much. Also his Blades "gaffe" was a complete nothing burger. To think some $70k a year nobody journalist is negatively impacting Tyrique's decision is literally insane.

Advertisement
I’m confused; where did it say Miami reached out to Stevenson? It said a source mentioned we would love to have him.
It doesn't which means technically this is a non-story. But the implication of UM having internet is that UM has contacted him or is trying to make it known that they want him. Which is weird that Jackson would have this info but for someone at UM giving Jackson the info so he could leak it so that it would get back to Stevenson that Um wants him.
Looks to me like a lot about nothing. Team and media using each other.

hating on journalists doing their job or you hate on Ivins types who just put out wishy washy non story clickbait.

Good god some of you people whine so much. Also his Blades "gaffe" was a complete nothing burger. To think some $70k a year nobody journalist is negatively impacting Tyrique's decision is literally insane.
Funny how this stuff doesnt happen in bama or other places.. You can have 1 gaffe but when their is a trend.. Then problems arise.. Barry gonna have issues at his door..

Advertisement
Nothing is going to come of this in terms of “tampering” - Miami wasn’t first to reach out and never discussed directly and that’s not the fear of it getting out. The fear of it getting out is Jason Marshall 2.0

Georgia doesn’t want to go down the road of “tampering” because the exact same thing is going on with them and the TE from LSU

This isn’t the only Georgia player wanting to leave. Cribby actually mentioned an additional one to me that I wasn’t aware of and I know of 3 more prominent players.

There is no evidence of any violation, and there is no violation implied in any way from Jackson's article.

Stevenson's family and friends live in South Florida. So do his old coaches, classmates, teachers, his pet goldfish, etc.

There's no evidence that Miami has contacted Stevenson, or that he's even considering a transfer. The only thing that you can assume from this article is that SOMEBODY wants him to come home. I'm sure a lot of people do. That doesn't imply that anything improper happened.

There's nothing to see here, IMO. Move along.

I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point but do with the bolded language...

Jackson said more than SOMEBODY wants him home... he specifically said:
"We know Miami has interest and his name has been tossed around internally"

Tossed around internally infers it is coaches, or GA's or someone IN the program not just SOMEBODY in the greater Miami area... and also stated:

"But there has been chatter inside UM about him."

Again, he is inferring that INSIDE the UM walls people are talking about a wish list of players to enter the portal. Overall it happens probably everywhere but just seems odd that HIS name was picked out of everything and now there is more smoke to it. Prob that greasy Manasco or some other So.Fla coach who leaked it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back