California seeking to ban tackle football for children under 12

It should entirely be parents choice. Government should have 0 say.

I don't think this bill is made to spite the parents, I think it's made for the incompetent, egotistical youth coRches out there. Remember that show Friday Night Tykes, if so, I only saw 1 or 2 coaching staff that I would've let my kid play for... and I think that's the norm around the Country.

Advertisement
Cane lock?
100%. His nickname is Miami. His pads are Orange and Green. He throws a ball over 50 years and runs a 5.2 at 12. He’s got skills but it’s a long process. I think if he continues to grow and improve he’s got the ability. Check out Steele Pizzella and Kingston Tisdell - those are his buddies for the 2025 year. Top QBs. He’s a 2029 player.

He’s got my Orange Bowl seat hung up in his room - Section T Row 11 Seat 20!!!

Advertisement
California government wants to not let parents decide if it is safe for their kids to play tackle football but allow those same parents to give permission for their kids to receive top surgery, hormone blockers.

So in the eyes of the California government it’s safer for kids to transition genders than it is to play tackle football…

Agree with @Cribby and according to @LoungeLord i have sh*t for brains!!!

I live in CA (it sucks!) and my son is 12 and plays tackle. He’s a QB and just finished his second year. I do my very best to get him the safest gear - Vicis helmet - highest ranked helmet by the Virginia Tech helmet reviews. Look at all the top QBs wearing them now. New one each year. I have fitted pads made by Douglas and he has a rib and back protector. I also make him wear a Q Collar which is what Tony Pollard wears. I’m not saying it’s foolproof but I do my best to make sure he’s coached well and has the safest best gear available.

No sport is perfect. Heck soccer and all the headers. My son is also the starting goalie for his school and I watch the amount of head balls by the players. Would I rather him be a golfer or tennis player to avoid the injuries yea but he’s good at Football and loves it. He trains with one of the top QB coaches out here (2 of his guys are top 50 QBs in 2025 class and my son is with those kids regularly) and he was just at elite 11 for the younger kids and was a high performer not to mention one of the fastest too for his age. We’ll see where it goes.
I’d better go to Miami lol.

Medically speaking, the younger the kid, the more susceptible and severe the concussions. Even high school and college age kids have significantly higher concussion risk. Concussions are actually less often and severe in the nfl. We also know now ALL concussions are treatable and can have full recover (that’s separate from CTE).

Advertisement
100%. His nickname is Miami. His pads are Orange and Green. He throws a ball over 50 years and runs a 5.2 at 12. He’s got skills but it’s a long process. I think if he continues to grow and improve he’s got the ability. Check out Steele Pizzella and Kingston Tisdell - those are his buddies for the 2025 year. Top QBs. He’s a 2029 player.

Was the first one named after an Italian bakery in Pittsburgh?

Considering how many **** poor coaches are out there and that football is something you can pick up late compared to a host of other sports that are much more technical, I don't have a problem with it. When I say that, I mean in the sense of limiting bad hits, stress, and injuries to the body that can have lifelong consequences.

Where it gets questionable to me is telling someone what they or their family can do. I suppose this is to protect a kid from their elders, which won't resonate with some. Biggest problem I have with football at those ages are the parents and coaches who don't take things seriously, teach things correctly, and basically say tough whatever out when there is a potentially big problem. I've seen some crazy things when the will to win for some dad ball coach overrides basic common injury protocol and sense.

Our 13 year old was at a tournament, we traveled 8 hours away for it, there was a kid who likely had a concussion. I'd say he had one 100 percent, I've taken the training, etc and my Wife is a longtime nurse. That's neither here nor there though. The coach correctly sat him the rest of the game, then made him get looked at by the trained staff there. They ruled him ineligible the rest of the games and out until cleared at a later date. The kids dad went balisitc, accusing the coach of sabotaging his kid, going behind his back making sure things were good (when he was there for the entire process), and later went ballistic in messages which I saw as I know the coach. He was threatening the staff and coach, neither fight would that short dumpy ****** win.

Kid was one of their top 3 players, yet this dumb**** thought he was being had played somehow when all it was was a coach and training staff doing the right thing. I wonder if that dad ever saw the light.

Last edited:

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

The position this hurts the most is the OL/DL types. There's no development for them until basically highschool if it passes in California. Everything else can be played in a 7v7 system/league. The other thing it takes away is learning how to be hit and take a hit. I get it "health and safety" but its a weird choice that's just another step towards eliminating tackle football all together in some places.

Advertisement

California lawmakers seeking to ban tackle football for children under 12 years old earned a victory on Wednesday, but the war is far from over.

The bill that would ban tackle football for pre-teens in the state, which was authored by Democratic Assembly member Kevin McCarty, had its first public hearing before a legislative committee on Wednesday. The Assembly committee that regulates sports voted 5-2 to send the bill to the full chamber.

While the bill cleared its first hurdle, there are larger ones ahead. Now the full Assembly will vote on the bill and only has until January to approve it. If it votes to approve the bill it then goes to the Senate before Gov. Gavin Newsom would have the final say if it ultimately lands on his desk.

According to the AP, the ban, if passed, would be gradually phased in, prohibiting children under six starting in 2025, under 10 in 2027 and those under 12 in 2029.

So, I just wanted to get everyone’s opinion on this. I already know where I stand, but it would be interesting to hear where you guys are at on this, especially fathers. Even though it’s only Cali right now, you could definitely see a scenario where this starts to spread nationwide.
I’m a CA resident for over 50 years….this place used to be a great place to live and grow up in. The Uber left politics in the state have ruined it. We have a bunch of libtards who have run it into the ground. My youngest is a 10 year old who will be playing pop Warner for first time. This attempt to further take away parent rights is another example why normal people in CA are leaving in droves. I’m out of this place as soon as my youngest kid graduate HS.

Advertisement
IMO, Kids are more fearless when they are younger. Learning to tackle and do things when you are older can lead to more fear, playing with fear and incorrect techniques, thus the likelihood of suffering more injuries because of it.

Just another example of government overstepping their boundaries. They've ruined pretty much everything. I can't wait to see the LAPD rolling through Watts trying to stop a game of pickup football. The lulz will be legendary.

Advertisement
Back