Caleb Johnson commits to Miami

So these stats for 17 games played are GOId.. even more excited now. @Cribby was right. Starting MLB is locked up. And if Mikel decides imagine having THIS as your second string smh. Read that caption.. that is productivity.

View attachment 183200

The stats are over 19 games just to be clear, he played, but didn't start in the first 2 games of the 2020 season. 89 tackles over 19 games for an ILB is not impressive. The TFL's, sacks, and INT's over 19 games are pretty great.

Advertisement
Not necessary. I'd agree on the linebacker only cause sam and wes aren't a given by any means. But another day isn't necessary. It's important to remember we play in the acc... Obviously for Clemson and a & m that helps but those games are really just a barometer for where we at. They aren't going to make or break the season one way or the other. If we can get good play out of our ends well be fine in the short term.
We need a DT more than a LB lol a rotation of miller/haye/litch isn’t win the acc level

The stats are over 19 games just to be clear, he played, but didn't start in the first 2 games of the 2020 season. 89 tackles over 19 games for an ILB is not impressive. The TFL's, sacks, and INT's over 19 games are pretty great.
Just curious, are these solo tackles he is credited with in his stats?

I’d pump the brakes on MIkel.
Yes we have to see what happens next week. All In all I am very happy with Caleb.

USC is going hard hard after gentry and I am not sure we will persue with that intensity, I think we might allocate resources elsewhere ( WR and a DT). We will see if we match.

Advertisement
Just curious, are these solo tackles he is credited with in his stats?

His 5.5 sacks and 7 TFL were all in 2020. No "behind the LOS" tackles for him in 2021. Those are 89 total tackles. 50 of them were solo. I'm not very impressed with his production but he brings experience more than anything. For comparison purposes; Flagg's stats over 20 games are 75 tackles (35 solo in 2021), 7 TFL, 3 sacks, and 1 int.

I'll just say though, stats don't tell the whole story. He could easily be more useful than his actual production. Additionally, Mario/Mirabal has played against him twice. Have to imagine he impressed them at some point for us to get him in.

if I see his face on a picture of that guy sitting on the bed with the big *******, that’s it I’m done 😂
Like this?

ZomboMeme 23042022085615.jpg

Advertisement
Thank God we finally kicked the ncaa to the curb. Now we got NIL and the Portal. Teams can address needs they couldn't during the signing periods. Kids can go where they want like it's their right. Hats off to this staff for competently addressing a position of need. Though this kid isn't a superstar he is a very solid addition that upgrades our LB position group.

Advertisement
I see what you're saying and why. Gil was a great nickel who could cover and tackle.

But Gil hasgained 5-10 pounds and right now he may be bigger than Wesley Bissainthe ever will be. Gil also showed some pretty impressive ruggedness in the spring game. He stacked Zion and tackled Thad for a 1 yard gain by himself, for example.

And wasn't Gil wasn't our most impressive linebacker in the spring game?

Stevenson & Couch should be great nickels. But I think GIl will be better utilized as a backer all things considered.
I agree

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back