Cager to UGA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good move for UGA. They will probably try to make him there what he should have been here. A hard to stop redzone receiver.

Has all spring and summer to learn a few routes and work on his hands.

IF he can get one redzone TD against Bama's short corners it will be worth it for UGA and everyone will be praising UGA's foresight

What do you say we get out ahead of this story?

CIS Message Board, October 2019:

What the **** was "Minny" thinking letting Cager get away? As we've all been saying "Minny" was the worst possible selection to be the Canes head coach, is a terrible evaluator of talent and we all begged him to keep Cager. I'm ready to contribute to a banner plane flyover.

Advertisement
I think Cager won't get much PT for UGA except as a blocker and a redzone guy. He's going to get frustrated as **** when other more talented WRs at UGA get all the burn. Also, I don't see the UGA coaches tolerating his butter fingers or the fact that he plays Charmin soft. As a result, he may end up riding the pine a lot. Risky move for Cager.

This transfer would have made sense if CMR were still the coach and Jon Richt was still the QB corch. Once Manny became HC and Martell & Matocha were added as QBs (with Tate potentially getting to play in 2019 if he get's the waiver), this seems like a really bad career move. I think all of his weaknesses will be magnified in the SEC and he won't get much PT. Wish him the best of luck though.

i mean uga doesnt have a ton of talented wrs he will likely start there.

They can use 4-6 tds from him...he gets killed here but had he came back i wouldnt have had a problem.

Cager definitely gets a bad rap around here but, in my opinion he showed solid year over year growth every year he was with UM. He DOES have a problem with hands catches and with high-pointing jump balls but he's a large body athlete, hard worker, and has a fair amount of natural talent. I have no doubt UGA finds a way to use him productively.

As well, my guess is that he gets drafted somewhere in 2020.

Fromm is accurate. UGA will run the ball well, meaning teams will stack the box to stop the run. Cager will get his chances to make plays.

I wish him well, especially against Florida. But I cannot wish UGA well, so any time the game is on the line other than vs the Gators, I hope he pulls a Cager not a Langham.

Advertisement
Cager definitely gets a bad rap around here but, in my opinion he showed solid year over year growth every year he was with UM. He DOES have a problem with hands catches and with high-pointing jump balls but he's a large body athlete, hard worker, and has a fair amount of natural talent. I have no doubt UGA finds a way to use him productively.

As well, my guess is that he gets drafted somewhere in 2020.

Yup and the d*ckriders will be out in full force. He is what he is..But Its not like UGA has a murderers row at wr...our wr's are likely better and he started here.

I think people exagerrate the hands thing too much. Most of what looked like drops, were balls that were thrown too low, especially the FSU game.

Yes, Exaggerated without a doubt.

That said he DID have an issue with drops and does not maximize his body size, in part because of his unsteady hands.

Advertisement
I honestly think every wr should be exempt due to having to try to haul in bad baseball throws with a football from a guy who couldn't care less.

I expect him to be the same receiver at UGA that he was here. He’ll make some and drop some. If he gets drafted, it’s because he runs faster than anticipated. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Fwiw I don’t think he would have seen the field this year as much as he did last season. Our WR room is much deeper and more talented than UGA’s.

Georgia throws endzone fades to their WRs about 80% of the time in the redzone.

There's definitely an opportunity there...

But Godwin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cager

Advertisement
Back