Cager to UGA

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just didn't like his game when the pads were on. Thought he went into a shell way too often when he was here.

With that said, I bet UGA finds a way to use him in places he can win. His playcaller was Mark Richt and his QB was most often Malik Rosier...I am sure a lot was left on the table during his time here.

I did trash him a lot this season but this really isn’t a smart move. I think is best bet was going to Maryland

Advertisement
Cager is a big receiver (6-5 and 215 pounds) who should help the team’s perimeter blocking. That remains a big priority at Georgia, and with Jayson Stanley — one of the team’s best blocking receivers — being out of eligibility, the team needs to replace that.
It also doesn’t hurt that Cager was Miami’s second-leading receiver last season (21 catches for 374 yards and six touchdowns), and started 12 games. He may not be an immediate impact, starter-type, but he should be part of Georgia’s receiver rotation right away. That takes pressure off some of the younger players, including Pickens.

Looks like they want a blocker...

Article in the Athletic

Advertisement
Cager is a big receiver (6-5 and 215 pounds) who should help the team’s perimeter blocking. That remains a big priority at Georgia, and with Jayson Stanley — one of the team’s best blocking receivers — being out of eligibility, the team needs to replace that.
It also doesn’t hurt that Cager was Miami’s second-leading receiver last season (21 catches for 374 yards and six touchdowns), and started 12 games. He may not be an immediate impact, starter-type, but he should be part of Georgia’s receiver rotation right away. That takes pressure off some of the younger players, including Pickens.

Looks like they want a blocker...

Article in the Athletic

Besides Pope, wasn’t Cager our worst blocking WR?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back