Cade Weldon Suspended

C'mon Brock, you're better than that. Posters were talking about his talent and ability. Almost none of us are close enough to the program and/or the kids to know who's going to have discipline problems or not.

I would agree that it is unlikely at this point that Cade will be back next year, but it's not impossible. This could be a wake up call that puts the boot in his *** to get his self together. Just saying it could, not saying it will. He's all out of strikes though.

We need to bring in a QB though, that's for sure. I'm fine rolling in to the season with Kosi and Perry, but it'd be pretty scary to have no third string, other than possibly Cade on his last chance. Maybe a Grad transfer would be willing to come in and compete to be the backup, I guess, but it seems our viable options are HS recruits or Juco.
You mean Kosi and Williams

Advertisement
Even before this I didn't understand why we were not recruiting a QB this cycle. Definitely need to recruit one now.
Unfortunately Richt doesn't leave me with the highest amount of confidence when it comes to situations like these. Can't afford to inexplicably ignore a position again.

We have 2 ultra talented QBs . Weldon ain't one of them He is a good 3rd string guy but he ain't going to want that so he will be gone and whoever we bring in recruiting will be #3 next year.

Advertisement
Unfortunately Richt doesn't leave me with the highest amount of confidence when it comes to situations like these. Can't afford to completely ignore a position again.
Huh? why not ? He is literally one of the 10 best recruiters of the last 20 years. These are facts if you look at recruiting rankings. No facts support your opinion on this. I get people sometimes question he play calling as that has been up and down his whole career but the dude is beast recruiting . He is bringing me talent to UM then we have had since 2001. Nuff said.

Does Vincent Testeverde Jr have any eligibility left? Maybe Allison can transfer back from West Virginia?

Advertisement
Gonna be tough to convince a grad transfer to come to Miami to be a 3rd stringer. It's going to have to be some dude who's just looking for a free year of grad school or a year in Miami. Having a young guy locked in at QB is a blessing and a curse. It's great to have him for a while but he's going to scare off anybody with legitimate interest in being the starter.

Huh? why not ? He is literally one of the 10 best recruiters of the last 20 years. These are facts if you look at recruiting rankings. No facts support your opinion on this. I get people sometimes question he play calling as that has been up and down his whole career but the dude is beast recruiting . He is bringing me talent to UM then we have had since 2001. Nuff said.
We completely ignored the LB position last year, completely ignored the RB position two years ago if you don't include Samuel L. Jackson's character in Unbreakable come to life. I'm sure there's more examples...

Advertisement
There’s no way that he is going to be on the team next year. I think we should get a grad transfer at QB and a legit QB prospect.
A grad transfer to sit behind Perry and Williams? That's gonna be hard to find.

As far as recruiting goes, I don't think we have any QBs committed as of today. All the good ones on our board are committed elsewhere so we would have to flip one and convince him that he has a shot against Perry and Williams, which won't be easy.

I felt like we've been wasting time giving reps to Weldon over Williams for a while now.

Also Richt needs to stop doing favors. We all know why Weldon is here... because Richt coached his dad at FSU.

Advertisement
We completely ignored the LB position last year, completely ignored the RB position two years ago if you don't include Samuel L. Jackson's character in Unbreakable come to life. I'm sure there's more examples...

QB is just different.... with the transfer and redshirt rules it is becoming a joke. The old rule of get a qb every class is no longer relevant. If we went out and got a top guy and he was not starting next season, he would likely transfer, or say he DOES start, Nkosi probably pulls a Bryant move and transfers. So we are still in the same position. Its almost like you need to recruit a project who won't have any serious suitors and you coach him up, or just explore the transfer market for a guy that can provide depth.

Advertisement
Back