Cade Weldon Goneja

Advertisement
Off the field stuff doomed him. He has talent.

this.

kid definitely had physical skills, but he was the nuke la loosh of the QB room. and in a room that last year had a baker's dozen of knuckleheads, that's saying something!

Advertisement
Off the field stuff doomed him. He has talent.

This kid was done the second Richt retired. He was absolutely close to the Weldon family and Casey was one the first guys he coached when he got the gig at FSU. Richt would have watched over his son and done all he could to keep the kid on the straight and narrow. Diaz does not have that connection and the kid sinks or swims on his own. Best move for both. I hope he gets his act together elsewhere. It would be a waste if he did not. He can go to a FCS school. I always thought he would thrive in the Flexbone.

Advertisement
89fd2ccf5f03b04276f8c32081f0bb02.gif

Enos rub him the wrong way already?

Said it in other posts but I bet the QB room is in for a wakeup call. The blowback is no longer going to be only due to missing study halls or off field nonsense but Enos seems like the kinda guy that simply won't tolerate laziness or stupidity when it comes to learning and executing his offense. I don't think Rick was easy on the QBs but I think his approach was more holistic where he was trying to develop and mature these kids as QBs AND as students/men.

Nothing wrong with that but I also want the fear of God put into them if they're not prepared. Did any of us ever see N'Kushi seem like that was the case last year?

The QB room was ran by a guy who had no business being the QB coach and I highly doubt he was truly respected, honestly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Based on what?
Based on reports from last spring. Prior to the spring game he was performing the best and was extremely competitive. Until Tate came, Weldon probably had the best straight line speed out of any QB. Not saying Power 5, and not saying he’d be all conference, but he could start D1 based on talent. Augie is not close to him

Advertisement
Back