C. Michigan - are we taking them seriously?

Here's what's going to happen...

People will spend all week ****ing their pants at the thought we might lose to Central Mich, which will prompt the "Manny sucks & needs to be fired" crew to stoke the flames about how we lost to UNC & we're gonna lose every game we play because our players suck & are overrated, which will then force people to defend Miami & the program.

Then, we'll go out there & whoop there *** the same way we did with the Toledo's & App ST's of the world & people who were forced to defend Miami all week will want to pound their chest about beating a G5 Mac school & the pitchfork carrying "I hate all things Miami" crowd will say how sad it is that people are celebrating that we beat a measly MAC school.

It's a ****** seesaw on this board between the 2 extremes, so every game week will divulge into a civil war amongst fans who either want to burn the program down every day or people who just want stability & can see that the conveyor belt of Coaches method hasn't worked here.

Basically the game will be taken seriously, but in all actuality will be made a bigger deal than it should be because we have an extremely divided & unsettled fanbase, unfortunately.
FACTS

Advertisement
Haven't read the thread but the title is hilarious. Yes we need to take them seriously. We are not a good team.

Seriously though, watching the replay of the game, I saw Manny not happy at halftime with the team’s performance in the first half, then saw a much improved second half. That’s good coaching right there, regardless of the opponent. I also saw a Manny coaching and talking to the players on the sideline more times than in the past two games. He wasn’t stoic like Randy. That’s good coaching right there. Then I saw Manny celebrate with the players on the sideline after a good series or a score. That’s good coaching right there. In my opinion, he’s becoming a better game time coach as the season grows. We heard less from their middle linebacker, and we heard more from our D in the second half. Not to be a Debbie downer (as I know nothing about coaching), but I’d like to see this increasingly continue throughout the season. This is what he did as a DC, but does not need to give up now that he’s a HC. Nothing worse than to see lack of effort and enthusiasm top to bottom. In this game, it did not lack. At least, not in the second half.

Lets be honest, before the last 2 minutes of the first half, that was a dreary performance by UM - then it picked up.

But Im hoping UM starts to really develop some confidence and momentum the next few weeks (and yes, Im expecting them to win the next couple of games ) before what could be a really pivotal prime time showdown vs a solid UVA team

Advertisement
I think Central Michigan > Bethune-Cookman but it should still be a similar blowout score with lots of garbage time reps for our bench. I am expecting an even better game as Manny/Enos/Baker work hard to tighten things up before we start our stretch of ACC games.

Stats I would like to see for CM:

- Less than 45 yards in total penalties.
- Continue the streak of no turnovers.
- Baxa making every field goal.
- See some forced and recovered turnovers!~
- No sacks.
- Jeff Thomas; 7 catches 125+ yards.
- DeeJay Dallas; 150+ yards on 14 carries. (Gets his average above 10 yards per)

Don't care about the opponent--Improve every week. Get the win and move on to the next.
Better third down efficiency.

Coaching in the ACC is even higher pressure than coaching in C-USA. Not sure why you're arguing otherwise. If anything, an ACC team should be more likely to fire a coach after 1 year than a C-USA team.

And going 3-9 this year is almost like going 0-9. BCC, CMU and FIU barely count as wins. These are really low level teams. These aren't even opponents like SDSU and ECU that used to be our patsies.
Why are even talking about firing in year one of a coach's tenure? This is crazy.

Advertisement
I agree. Think we'll see a heavy dose of Dallas/Harris early with Lingard sprinkled in as it sounds like he'll be ready to go this week per Diaz. Wisconsin rushed for 200 yards (600 overall) so i'd like to think we'd be able to perform similarly .
And I hope Burns. I think the kid has real potential to be very good.

We are a dyspeptic bunch. Some around here remind me of my dear old Italian grandmother who, when I asked her why she always wore black, replied, “In case anybody dies, I’m ready. “

CM had 1 sack against Wisconsin and none against Akron. JW should have all day, and our WRs are a mismatch to their secondary. Jarren should have 300 passing yards in the first half. I’ll probably be laying the 30.

Advertisement
Here's what's going to happen...

People will spend all week ****ing their pants at the thought we might lose to Central Mich, which will prompt the "Manny sucks & needs to be fired" crew to stoke the flames about how we lost to UNC & we're gonna lose every game we play because our players suck & are overrated, which will then force people to defend Miami & the program.

Then, we'll go out there & whoop there *** the same way we did with the Toledo's & App ST's of the world & people who were forced to defend Miami all week will want to pound their chest about beating a G5 Mac school & the pitchfork carrying "I hate all things Miami" crowd will say how sad it is that people are celebrating that we beat a measly MAC school.

It's a ****** seesaw on this board between the 2 extremes, so every game week will divulge into a civil war amongst fans who either want to burn the program down every day or people who just want stability & can see that the conveyor belt of Coaches method hasn't worked here.

Basically the game will be taken seriously, but in all actuality will be made a bigger deal than it should be because we have an extremely divided & unsettled fanbase, unfortunately.

Right, so we get our confidence back just in time for Manny and Enos to drop one against Vag Tech?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back