C. Michigan - are we taking them seriously?

We are gonna run the ball on them. Wont have much problem with them because our QB is not a turnover machine

Advertisement
We are gonna run the ball on them. Wont have much problem with them because our QB is not a turnover machine
I agree. Think we'll see a heavy dose of Dallas/Harris early with Lingard sprinkled in as it sounds like he'll be ready to go this week per Diaz. Wisconsin rushed for 200 yards (600 overall) so i'd like to think we'd be able to perform similarly .

We've got plenty up our sleeves.....Just wait till Eno's pulls out that Play-Action on 3rd and US1......They'll learn then....

Usually, the mid-week player interviews tell it all. If a player comes out and volunteers something like " doesn't matter who they are we are not looking past them," or, "Just because of their record..." then they aren't taking the game seriously. It's astonished me how often players will say that and then struggle against an inferior (by talent) team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seriously though, watching the replay of the game, I saw Manny not happy at halftime with the team’s performance in the first half, then saw a much improved second half. That’s good coaching right there, regardless of the opponent. I also saw a Manny coaching and talking to the players on the sideline more times than in the past two games. He wasn’t stoic like Randy. That’s good coaching right there. Then I saw Manny celebrate with the players on the sideline after a good series or a score. That’s good coaching right there. In my opinion, he’s becoming a better game time coach as the season grows. We heard less from their middle linebacker, and we heard more from our D in the second half. Not to be a Debbie downer (as I know nothing about coaching), but I’d like to see this increasingly continue throughout the season. This is what he did as a DC, but does not need to give up now that he’s a HC. Nothing worse than to see lack of effort and enthusiasm top to bottom. In this game, it did not lack. At least, not in the second half.
Yeah I saw that too, he was chewing out the Defense & getting in their *** for not giving maximum effort towards the end of the 1st half.

He even yelled at Baker too & told him to get those boys in line, he was basically putting the responsibility on him to get on the Defenses head & keep them motivated.

Coaching in the ACC is even higher pressure than coaching in C-USA. Not sure why you're arguing otherwise. If anything, an ACC team should be more likely to fire a coach after 1 year than a C-USA team.

And going 3-9 this year is almost like going 0-9. BCC, CMU and FIU barely count as wins. These are really low level teams. These aren't even opponents like SDSU and ECU that used to be our patsies.
Nonsense. Being in the ACC doesn't make it any higher pressure than being coach at Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Kansas, Oregon St or any other lower level team in a P5 conference. It's the expectations of the media and the fanbase of specific teams that would make it high pressure.

Yeah. I'm not too keen on Miami's current defensive coordinator! But I understand Miami didn't have the financial assets to pay for a Power 5 defensive coordinator.

And no one think that’s a fcking problem? The players aren’t coming here like before. So now we don’t reel in top talent and we have a half assed staff. Recipe for disaster.

Advertisement
I'm so tired of this bs line. We aren't anybody's super bowl. The players on CMU were in pampers the last time Miami was relevant. It would be the same for them if they were playing Wake Forest or Cal. A run of the mill, take the money and run, P5 opponent.

Regardless, we should win by 40. They are half a step up from Bethune.
That just isn't true. Those kids have TVs and there are even fu*king ATT commercials now apeing the turnover chain and there aren't any 30 for 30s on ESPN about The U meaning Utah. It's still a big deal.

I'm so tired of this bs line. We aren't anybody's super bowl. The players on CMU were in pampers the last time Miami was relevant. It would be the same for them if they were playing Wake Forest or Cal. A run of the mill, take the money and run, P5 opponent.

Regardless, we should win by 40. They are half a step up from Bethune.
I guess Bama out there struggling with every teams Super Bowl too? lol.

Advertisement
Honestly, the best thing going for us this year is an ultra reliable QB (in terms of turnovers) and punting game...

.. but on the flip side, Baxa has turned out to be a headcase and our DBs are suspect, brain farts in defensive playcalling aside

Here's what's going to happen...

People will spend all week ****ing their pants at the thought we might lose to Central Mich, which will prompt the "Manny sucks & needs to be fired" crew to stoke the flames about how we lost to UNC & we're gonna lose every game we play because our players suck & are overrated, which will then force people to defend Miami & the program.

Then, we'll go out there & whoop there *** the same way we did with the Toledo's & App ST's of the world & people who were forced to defend Miami all week will want to pound their chest about beating a G5 Mac school & the pitchfork carrying "I hate all things Miami" crowd will say how sad it is that people are celebrating that we beat a measly MAC school.

It's a ****** seesaw on this board between the 2 extremes, so every game week will divulge into a civil war amongst fans who either want to burn the program down every day or people who just want stability & can see that the conveyor belt of Coaches method hasn't worked here.

Basically the game will be taken seriously, but in all actuality will be made a bigger deal than it should be because we have an extremely divided & unsettled fanbase, unfortunately.

LMFAO!! DUDE THIS IS CLASSIC!!!! PLEASE, THIS POST NEEDS TO BE IN THE CIS HALL OF FAME ON A FIRST TIME BALLOT!!!

But yes to your answer, when we become a dominant team, like back in the days......You will continue hearing the BS!!!
LOL, @Liberty City El, instant classic, thank you!!

Advertisement
Back