Bye Week blunders

Advertisement
Manuela's latest interview may be the answer we're looking for as to why we always come out flat and unprepared after a bye week.

He literally said they will be spending time this week teaching the players about civics, voting, the democratic process, etc

I haven't been very critical of him, but this kinda ****es me off.
Do I think its good for the players? Yes. Is it really something the football coaches should be spending their limited time with the players on? I mean none of their other classes could go over this stuff?

We should be using this week to do as much prep for next game or cleaning up stuff that's been an issue.

Thoughts?
Great thank god they will now know about these things that u can literally look up on ur own. How hard is voting that they have to be taught lololol. Why not work on shot we stink at but no let’s be social justice warriors so we can show the world how woke we are bc that is how u win championships

you'd think so, but most of them forget by the time they're able to vote and then they just let their professors do the thinking for them.
Go into college hoping to better ur self. Leave college a communist ****** lol

Go into college hoping to better ur self. Leave college a communist ****** lol

i went to um during the shalala years and, considering all of her other faults, she did a wonderful job of staying neutral and encouraging diversity of thought. and then i went back as an employee under frenk and it's the polar opposite.

Advertisement
Of course he’s gonna bring in some qualified person to do this. And, there is nothing wrong about the players learning this. BUT WHY THE **** DOES IT HAVE TO BE DURING A BYE WEEK? Every bye week, we hear crickets from this coaching staph the first week. Then Monday, like clockwork, Inni Manni Mo comes out and gives a presser how he’s impressed with the work the players are putting in, that they are focusing on the next opponent. Why not get some of this work in, the first week, or at least the foundation of what they need to prepare for? WHY IS THIS STAPH A BUNCH OF LAST-MINUTE LARRYS?
nothing wrong about learning this except Civics is generally taught in middle school.

I think we need a light scrimmage - maybe no pads or something - with a some sort of prize on the line for the players to keep the competition level up.

Diaz DID NOT SAY they were spending ALL WEEK doing this. SMH Did you seriously get that from what he said?
In all likelihood, this happens on a planned off-time and is like an hour process of how to fill out a ballot.

Now, I think it's a waste of time, but this is NOT why we will win or lose. Good lord.

This is all about satisfying some who push the social agenda. BLM on helmet is one example. What are other programs doing?

Advertisement
I’ll” go beyond “it’s not that bad,” and say this is a good thing. Like it or not, in 2020 this kind of stuff matters. This was a recommendation from a leadership counsel, it gives the players a say and makes them feel valued.

If spending a few hours talking local civics keeps us from seeing Mike Norvell situations at Miami it’s well worth it. While coaches at other schools were getting scrutinized on social justice issues, Miami players were praising their staff publicly.

I’ll” go beyond “it’s not that bad,” and say this is a good thing. Like it or not, in 2020 this kind of stuff matters. This was a recommendation from a leadership counsel, it gives the players a say and makes them feel valued.

If spending a few hours talking local civics keeps us from seeing Mike Norvell situations at Miami it’s well worth it. While coaches at other schools were getting scrutinized on social justice issues, Miami players were praising their staff publicly.

Once again pandering to the kids and making them feel good. When they get into the real world, employers will not care. Outside of a mass email, you get nothing. Maybe part of the culture problem is that the players here get treated like kids and not adults.

Everyone wants an old school hard *** coach. Didn’t we just have two of them, OC and OL, and the players quit on them...

The play calling of Enos ****ed off the fans. His ******* demeanor seemed to cause his players to quit.

Advertisement
Its pretty stunning.
1603929676430.gif

Advertisement
Our players BARELY look like they know what the fck they are doing when the game is being played. McCloud just standing still, Blades letting a guy run right past him trying to get the defensive call......these are things that happen all the time. Maybe just maybe if our amateur *** coaches spent more time doing their actual jobs we wouldn’t look like sht on the football field.

Bye week Diaz is gonna get us right, just wait till he is done slipping and sliding.

Our players BARELY look like they know what the fck they are doing when the game is being played. McCloud just standing still, Blades letting a guy run right past him trying to get the defensive call......these are things that happen all the time. Maybe just maybe if our amateur *** coaches spent more time doing their actual jobs we wouldn’t look like sht on the football field.

We're 5-1 dude.

Advertisement
Back