Bye Week blunders

HerbieDaGawd

Junior
Manuela's latest interview may be the answer we're looking for as to why we always come out flat and unprepared after a bye week.

He literally said they will be spending time this week teaching the players about civics, voting, the democratic process, etc

I haven't been very critical of him, but this kinda ****es me off.
Do I think its good for the players? Yes. Is it really something the football coaches should be spending their limited time with the players on? I mean none of their other classes could go over this stuff?

We should be using this week to do as much prep for next game or cleaning up stuff that's been an issue.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manuela's latest interview may be the answer we're looking for as to why we always come out flat and unprepared after a bye week.

He literally said they will be spending time this week teaching the players about civics, voting, the democratic process, etc

I haven't been very critical of him, but this kinda ****es me off.
Do I think its good for the players? Yes. Is it really something the football coaches should be spending their limited time with the players on? I mean none of their other classes could go over this stuff?

We should be using this week to do as much prep for next game or cleaning up stuff that's been an issue.

Thoughts?
While watching the UVA game I saw the promo where both teams met at midfield pre-game and did this kumbaya performative stunt where they all locked arms and stared at each other. Suddenly, the score and the game made more sense to me. Just had to roll my eyes.

You all remember Jen Strawley, UM's football liason to the linked-in, participation, inclusion and diversity crowd? This is UM's administration. It's not Manny's brainchild, but he was their idea, too.

All of this stuff is at odds with competitive sports, especially a violent game of ground acquisition like football.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Of course he’s gonna bring in some qualified person to do this. And, there is nothing wrong about the players learning this. BUT WHY THE **** DOES IT HAVE TO BE DURING A BYE WEEK? Every bye week, we hear crickets from this coaching staph the first week. Then Monday, like clockwork, Inni Manni Mo comes out and gives a presser how he’s impressed with the work the players are putting in, that they are focusing on the next opponent. Why not get some of this work in, the first week, or at least the foundation of what they need to prepare for? WHY IS THIS STAPH A BUNCH OF LAST-MINUTE LARRYS?

Advertisement
Advertisement
It seems we pretty much waste the extra week. I get giving the players a little break (a day or two off) but a whole week for this? **** can be done in a hour if you really think it needs to be done.

It seems we pretty much waste the extra week. I get giving the players a little break (a day or two off) but a whole week for this? **** can be done in a hour if you really think it needs to be done.
Diaz DID NOT SAY they were spending ALL WEEK doing this. SMH Did you seriously get that from what he said?

Advertisement
Back