By October 20th

Advertisement
Not yet. If we are out of Coastal contention next week or by the 20th, why not jump?

Anyone can be the dullard of the Coastal....why support Richt?

i'm not jumping off of the ship, but i felt like vomiting when we ran senseless plays last night.

i think we allowed them to win the game. and i never thought out offense would be an issue this year, not with kaaya, richards and a guru OC. it is shocking that we could barely score on a POS FSU defense.

i am an eternal optimist and hopefully CMR has hired enough good tough coaches that will alert him that the play calling cost us the game.

i reserve judgment until the end of october.

LuCane I'm just glad we saw the Rick playbook you kept telling us about.

Actually, I'd encourage you to re-watch the game and see the other formations/sets and plays used that had not previously been shown. You're embarrassing yourself. I didn't say they work and no one could have predicted how poorly timed they'd be called.

My hope is you're not entrusted to make life or death decisions, as a pause between connected respirations - like sentences - might lead you to conclude someone is dead.

Wow! LMAO! What a ***** slap that was. An incredibly intellectual ***** slap! That was impressive Lu!

Advertisement
posted this in another thread but...

Y'all really crying about a UNC team that blew a 21 point lead to FSU, only won because of a suspect Pass interference call to set them up for a FG, and just got the breaks beaten off of them by a Va Tech team who got spanked by trash A$$ Tennessee...

This game won't be a walk in the park, but we're walking away with a nice W

VA tech may be a bit more of a challenge, but I think we walk away with a W there as well. I think this team has heart, and this loss to FSU is going to serve as a wake up call to them for the rest of the season.

Hilarious that so many of you are already jumping off the ship...

Many of us aren't jumping off the "Richt as head coach ship"...we're jumping the **** off the "Richt as offensive coordinator" ship.

That was the worst called game we've seen here since the Patrick Nix era. And another thing...you'd be ignorant not to acknowledge, comment on, or at least give some credence to the fact Richt is now 14-23 in the last 8 years against ranked opponents.

You sound like all the scholars that supported Golden after those first two years, the erudite professors who defended Shannon after the first year, and the rocket scientists that kept citing out of context winning percentages in defense of Coker towards the end of his tenure.

But by all means...carry on with the Don Bailey Jr superfan act. It's original as ****.

We beat unc. Then get smoked by VT. Do not feel good about that one.

Which means no ACCCG

Which would make this year a total failure.

There was zero excuse for not at least winning the Coastal this year, and nothing has changed in that regard. If Richt doesn't at least win the Coastal you can bet your *** the fanbase will be restless. We have enough talent to beat everyone in the ACC not named Clemson or Louisville.

I consider myself to be a realist. I have zero problem with making it to the ACCCG and losing there, but it better be a respectable, hard fought, close game. There is so much parity in college football right now and we have more than enough talent where we should be competitive in every game this year and at the very least win our side of the division.

Advertisement
I'll put it like this, if Richt doesn't bounce back against UNC, the season (as we define season) is over and honestly, I'm not going to have the patience like those in Athens who claim to fame is a 1980 national title. I was already a BBB and Herman guy; but since we hired Richt, I had no choice to but to roll with him and defend him. I mean the guy did win 74% of his games. But his coaching in that FSU game is concerning. I still wanna believe, but UNC will tell me all I need to know

Which means no ACCCG

There was zero excuse for not at least winning the Coastal this year, and nothing has changed in that regard. If Richt doesn't at least win the Coastal you can bet your *** the fanbase will be restless. We have enough talent to beat everyone in the ACC not named Clemson or Louisville.

I consider myself to be a realist. I have zero problem with making it to the ACCCG and losing there, but it better be a respectable, hard fought, close game. There is so much parity in college football right now and we have more than enough talent where we should be competitive in every game this year and at the very least win our side of the division.

VT may be a tough one to ask for. I just don't see us winning there. Win 10 games if you lose to VT, then win the bowl game. Not a terrible first year. 10 or 11 wins is not a failure.

Last edited:
We just blew it against maybe the worst FSU team in a decade playing a bunch of second stringers and a hurt Freshman QB.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a high possibility of going 0-4 in this stretch is a delusional *** wipe.

There may very well be a high possibility, but it shouldn't be the case. Last night should have been a double digit win. I maintain that had more to do with our own actions than FSU's. FSU must be laughing their asses off they somehow got out of there with a win. I'd be *even more disappointed* (which is a lot considering the sickness I feel now) if we packed it up for the month. Neither UNC, VT or ND are dominant teams. We better show something or it's going to be a very bad indicator.

I think you are underestimating how much the Oline affected our playing calling. I really think Richt doesn't trust our pass protection...or he doesn't trust Kaaya. Three straight runs after that punt return is a pretty big indictment of our QB.

The OL isn't solid, I concede. They got beat on the edges, especially, a handful of times. But, you don't need a perfect OL. Delanie Walker just caught a TD pass over the middle for the Titans where it was a quick, simple read against the Dolphins' defense. I think the latter may be the case: maybe Richt doesn't trust Kaaya? Who knows, really. It could be a number of possibilities:

- Maybe Richt is still getting the feel for timing
- Maybe Richt doesn't trust himself
- Maybe Richt overreacted to the Walton TD run (called back)
- Maybe Richt is an inherently conservative, play-the-odds decision maker

There are more. There are countless possibilities. The reason I created the grab bag thread is because I thought that was the biggest indicator of something totally off with our plan and execution. It showed we were all over the place throwing stuff at the wall.

I haven't seen a shred of evidence to the contrary. The riskiest thing he's done all year was go for it on 4th & goal against App State.

The sequences to end the 1st halves against Georgia Tech and FSU should tell you all you need to know. Those were "step on their throat" opportunities.

The 1st half of Ga Tech was extremely alarming. I'll tell you something else that bothered me and I'll probably get bashed for it but oh well. There were a couple of times during the second half of the FSU game where the camera focused on Richt and I didn't like the look on his face at all. Looked like a guy that wasn't handling a pressure filled situation well at all. Now granted, it's only one game, and it's not like a facial expression is the end all be all, but I sure didn't like the look our head coach had on his face. He looked shook.

With that said, I don't think we tank under Richt. I am concerned about whether he can get us to the mountaintop.

I'll put it like this, if Richt doesn't bounce back against UNC, the season (as we define season) is over and honestly, I'm not going to have the patience like those in Athens who claim to fame is a 1980 national title. I was already a BBB and Herman guy; but since we hired Richt, I had no choice to but to roll with him and defend him. I mean the guy did win 74% of his games. But his coaching in that FSU game is concerning. I still wanna believe, but UNC will tell me all I need to know
So you want butch who went 1-5 against fsu

And who got forced out of unc because of disappointment (ya know the unc team that got better after he left)?

Two games to determine a coach is madness
He hasn't gotten a recruiting class in here or anything yet. You are a fair weather fan let's face it. We're gonna be 16 in the country and have a whole season ahead of us and people are throwing in the towel.

Advertisement
VT appears to be miles better than what I thought they'd be. I'd be surprised if we won that game. UNC is 50/50 to me. None of the other games on our schedule worry me a whole lot.

I think even if we lose to UNC and VT and play very competitively, while the season will be extremely disappointing it won't really indicate what we're in store for in the next few years under Richt. I guess I disagree with you on this.

Which means no ACCCG

VT may be a tough one to ask for. I just don't see us winning there. Win 10 games if you lose to VT, then win the bowl game. Not a terrible first year. 10 or 11 wins is not a failure.

I'm not arguing that VT will be ****. However, the FSU game should have been a win at home...so when you ***** up a game you SHOULD win, then it's on you to make up for it somewhere down the road. He's got nobody to blame but himself for one of the worst called offensive games in the history of this program.

Let's hope Richt believes in accountability cause that VT game, as tough as it's gonna be, just became a must win.

give me 2-1 in the next 3 games and then win out. we have to finish those last 4 games 4-0. 10-2 would be a major accomplishment. It hasn't been done in 12 years.

Advertisement
Who are these dudes that don't think that Miami can't beat UNC, Va Tech, or ND?

I'm hope the players don't think like that. We can still win the coastal and the ACC Championship game?

WE ARE STILL IN THE RUNNING!!!

So you want butch who went 1-5 against fsu

And who got forced out of unc because of disappointment (ya know the unc team that got better after he left)?

Two games to determine a coach is madness
He hasn't gotten a recruiting class in here or anything yet. You are a fair weather fan let's face it. We're gonna be 16 in the country and have a whole season ahead of us and people are throwing in the towel.

"You are a fair weather fan, let's face it..." Bytch stfu. I'm a fair weather fan b/c I wanted two coaches besides Richt? No dumb ****, I'm a fan making an observation. You sound like a Golden follower w/ all these lame excuses. "Hey Guys, Richt hasn't even had a class yet. Hey guys, Richt doesn't even have his players yet. Hey guys, two games are nothing to judge." BULL CHIT! You act like my program is some chump program like App St. Golden was fired b/c he did more w less. 32 ESPN 300 players on this roster...more than ANY other school in the ACC not named FSU or Clemson who happens to be on the other side of the ACC.

My point is, have this team turned a corner where they lose a heart breaker and that gets them angry, juiced, to beat the next opponent, or is this the same Cane team that folds.

And since you wanna be a smart ***, yeah, I wanted the guy who architect the greatest team known to the college world, who used 16 schollies to craft a 4-0 bowl record and made a basketball school competitive...and yes I wanted a guy who made a team full of 2 stars into a power house, national team who blew out FSU in the bowl game.

Which means no ACCCG

I'm not arguing that VT will be ****. However, the FSU game should have been a win at home...so when you ***** up a game you SHOULD win, then it's on you to make up for it somewhere down the road. He's got nobody to blame but himself for one of the worst called offensive games in the history of this program.

Let's hope Richt believes in accountability cause that VT game, as tough as it's gonna be, just became a must win.

No arguments there. Let's just hope Kaaya plays this week and we can beat UNC.

Advertisement
Back