By October 20th

We just blew it against maybe the worst FSU team in a decade playing a bunch of second stringers and a hurt Freshman QB.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a high possibility of going 0-4 in this stretch is a delusional *** wipe.

There may very well be a high possibility, but it shouldn't be the case. Last night should have been a double digit win. I maintain that had more to do with our own actions than FSU's. FSU must be laughing their asses off they somehow got out of there with a win. I'd be *even more disappointed* (which is a lot considering the sickness I feel now) if we packed it up for the month. Neither UNC, VT or ND are dominant teams. We better show something or it's going to be a very bad indicator.

I think you are underestimating how much the Oline affected our playing calling. I really think Richt doesn't trust our pass protection...or he doesn't trust Kaaya. Three straight runs after that punt return is a pretty big indictment of our QB.

Advertisement
The O line is such a pile of dog**** that I will give Richt and Kayak one more shot to get it corrected.

We just blew it against maybe the worst FSU team in a decade playing a bunch of second stringers and a hurt Freshman QB.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a high possibility of going 0-4 in this stretch is a delusional *** wipe.

There may very well be a high possibility, but it shouldn't be the case. Last night should have been a double digit win. I maintain that had more to do with our own actions than FSU's. FSU must be laughing their asses off they somehow got out of there with a win. I'd be *even more disappointed* (which is a lot considering the sickness I feel now) if we packed it up for the month. Neither UNC, VT or ND are dominant teams. We better show something or it's going to be a very bad indicator.

I think you are underestimating how much the Oline affected our playing calling. I really think Richt doesn't trust our pass protection...or he doesn't trust Kaaya. Three straight runs after that punt return is a pretty big indictment of our QB.

The OL isn't solid, I concede. They got beat on the edges, especially, a handful of times. But, you don't need a perfect OL. Delanie Walker just caught a TD pass over the middle for the Titans where it was a quick, simple read against the Dolphins' defense. I think the latter may be the case: maybe Richt doesn't trust Kaaya? Who knows, really. It could be a number of possibilities:

- Maybe Richt is still getting the feel for timing
- Maybe Richt doesn't trust himself
- Maybe Richt overreacted to the Walton TD run (called back)
- Maybe Richt is an inherently conservative, play-the-odds decision maker

There are more. There are countless possibilities. The reason I created the grab bag thread is because I thought that was the biggest indicator of something totally off with our plan and execution. It showed we were all over the place throwing stuff at the wall.

If we don't open things up in the coming weeks, starting Saturday, any optimism I will have had from the new hire will be wiped out completely. I'm at a loss for the game Richt called post-Kaaya interception. He didn't give our guys a chance. It's why, when the PAT was blocked, I wasn't even angry--more like "yep, we deserve that."

Incredibly disappointing and discouraging big game performance from the coach with a reputation for ****ting the bed in big games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OL isn't solid, I concede. They got beat on the edges, especially, a handful of times. But, you don't need a perfect OL. Delanie Walker just caught a TD pass over the middle for the Titans where it was a quick, simple read against the Dolphins' defense. I think the latter may be the case: maybe Richt doesn't trust Kaaya? Who knows, really. It could be a number of possibilities:

- Maybe Richt is still getting the feel for timing
- Maybe Richt doesn't trust himself
- Maybe Richt overreacted to the Walton TD run (called back)
- Maybe Richt is an inherently conservative, play-the-odds decision maker

There are more. There are countless possibilities. The reason I created the grab bag thread is because I thought that was the biggest indicator of something totally off with our plan and execution. It showed we were all over the place throwing stuff at the wall.

I haven't seen a shred of evidence to the contrary. The riskiest thing he's done all year was go for it on 4th & goal against App State.

The sequences to end the 1st halves against Georgia Tech and FSU should tell you all you need to know. Those were "step on their throat" opportunities.

Advertisement
These people on here are morons. Don't try to reason with them after a loss

They change expectations every week

We're gonna finish better than we have in fifteen years and that doesn't matter because we lost to a talented fsu team becuase dog a blocked pat.

Losers on here can blame richt and kaaya all they want but they got the job done and put us in position for overtime and we couldn't execute

As I predicted before the season 10-2 and coastal still obtainable and a solid FIRST season for richt

Another great post, Lu. I particularly agree that UNC will stress our defense much more than FSU did. We'll need to score 42 to win most likely.

This month will tell us where we're going as a program because none of these teams should be expected to beat us. They might beat us, but they shouldn't be expected to beat us.

Shoulda hired Butch or jumped on Fuentes earlier. It's always coulda. shoulda, woulda with this broken, dying program. Always get it wrong, no matter what we do.

Worst run university in the country, ever. We couldn't run this football program right when it was good. As a result, Pig Emmert lives on our doorstep....and we just can't get the recruits anymore to improve and rebuild the mess we have here now, let alone the coaches. I like Richt, but he's starting to look like Joe Gibbs in his second term with the Deadskins. Give Richt this season and the next, but I'll bet it's the SOS.

Last edited:
It's gonna get ugly here with this offense.

Bland dart board play calling.
Overrated QB.
Horrible OL.
Zero run game.

Advertisement
Jump ship biatches,you don't deserve to be here when the ship is righted. It was your over blown expectations that we didn't meet in the first place. So hit the FN road riding a wave a tears.... Boo FN hoo.

We will win one, only one, if that, against UNC, VT and ND.

I say we beat sorry aas Fedora and that UNC team that should be 1-4 now, then CMR craps his pants against VT, and Kelly saves his job by proving it was the fired DC all along, when CMRs 3 play playbook and Kaaya get our fans laughed out of Indiana...

Kaaya has except for brief glimpses not looked confident or comfortable this year. I can't put all that on the OL because last 2 years' OL don't seem that much better than this years.

Could it be that Kaaya is more of a rhythm passer where once he gets into a groove he excels but that means calling a lot of consecutive downfield pass plays? I haven't seen Richt call a game like that yet, preferring instead to mix in a lot of runs. Could this just be a failure by Richt so far to adapt to Kaaya's strengths?

FSU - I didn't expect to win
UNC - Pick'em IMO
@VT - I can't see us winning. VT only lost to Tenn because they shot themselves in the foot with 5 turnovers. VT looks a lot better than people think.
@ND, Pitt, @NC St. - I'd expect to win, but a loss wouldn't surprise me

I don't expect coming away feeling the season was a success

Advertisement
i remember brock berlin being a streaky passer. he was at his best when we got behind and let him pass practically every down. his accuracy and confidence improved. but when we tried to mix in runs with the pass he didn't seem as effective.

We'll be 4-3 5-2 or 6-1. Great job as always LuCane.

I encourage you to read the subsequent sentence. "And, to me, that'll tell us a lot of what we need to know." Beyond that, there's a whole bunch else connected to what those three possibilities mean.

That "and" tells you they're connected. If you need any further help, feel free to PM me.

Say the word and Ill hit him with a Spam infraction! :officemoon:

UNC - Pick'em IMO
@VT - I can't see us winning. VT only lost to Tenn because they shot themselves in the foot with 5 turnovers. VT looks a lot better than people think.

think we beat unc. not confident we beat vt. we beat nd. coin flip pitt and beat nc state.

Advertisement
UNC - Pick'em IMO

FSU - I thought we should win by double digits
UNC - Pick em, indeed, and I'd favor UNC slightly
VT - I thought this would be the roughest game of the year
ND - Assuming a willingness to throw the ball downfield, I thought we should win.
Pitt - Thought this only a slight edge to Miami
NC St - Should win by double digits

I expected something like a 9-3 season, but with a win against a vulnerable FSU team. Last night was disheartening. But, again, we'll know a ton more in 12 days.

Another great post, Lu. I particularly agree that UNC will stress our defense much more than FSU did. We'll need to score 42 to win most likely.

This month will tell us where we're going as a program because none of these teams should be expected to beat us. They might beat us, but they shouldn't be expected to beat us.

7 pt favorites against unc now. i expect number to drop.

I haven't felt that sick about a loss in years, and that's says something. But...what the team does from here on will tell us a lot. If they collapse like they did under al, I'll probably lose the last of my optimism and try to like hokey or some ****. This is not to excuse last nights perfirmance, but if Richt can keep the team from going in the tank, it will say a lot about what we can expect in future years.

Advertisement
Back