By October 20th

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
We'll either be 4-3, 5-2 or 6-1. And, to me, that'll tell us a lot of what we need to know. Certainly, much more than last night's surreal experience.

Plenty of smaller things to talk about as it relates to FSU game, playcalls and things we can extrapolate from one of the most bizarre game experiences we've encountered. That game should have gone in the opposite direction. The defense, apart from a handful of breakdowns and missed assignments, did its job and got the most out of its talent, it seemed. The offense did not and there are plenty of threads about that.

Ok, so now what?

That was a poor FSU defense and sub-par overall team. Does it mean UNC is going to wipe us out? Not necessarily. Things have to change, but UNC threatens our defense more than FSU. Read that again, please. That means we'll have to score points. If we can somehow manage to win that game, we get VT on a short week. A VT team that just hammered UNC and will be playing at home on a Thursday night. Insert overly used "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." Well, we punched ourselves in the mouth last night.

In 12 short days, we'll know about our coaches' willingness to adjust, about how our players buy in, and get a small sample size of the type of program we'll see over the next few years.

Advertisement
I've maintained that the next few games will be a good barometer of the next several years.

The board's verdict is in already, Lu. The Richt era will be a complete and utter failure.

Advertisement
We just blew it against maybe the worst FSU team in a decade playing a bunch of second stringers and a hurt Freshman QB.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a high possibility of going 0-4 in this stretch is a delusional *** wipe.

We just blew it against maybe the worst FSU team in a decade playing a bunch of second stringers and a hurt Freshman QB.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a high possibility of going 0-4 in this stretch is a delusional *** wipe.

There may very well be a high possibility, but it shouldn't be the case. Last night should have been a double digit win. I maintain that had more to do with our own actions than FSU's. FSU must be laughing their asses off they somehow got out of there with a win. I'd be *even more disappointed* (which is a lot considering the sickness I feel now) if we packed it up for the month. Neither UNC, VT or ND are dominant teams. We better show something or it's going to be a very bad indicator.

Advertisement
If we don't beat UNC.. Season over

This. I'm not jumping out the window yet..but if we lose to UNC at home there is no way Richt will get these guys up to play inspired football 5 days later in Blacksburg. And at that point the season is pretty much over. Didn't beat fsu. Didn't win coastal. Probably won't beat the win total from previous year. Fan base is off the wagon. Season is a fail. Huge game on Sat.

If we don't beat UNC.. Season over

This. I'm not jumping out the window yet..but if we lose to UNC at home there is no way Richt will get these guys up to play inspired football 5 days later in Blacksburg. And at that point the season is pretty much over. Didn't beat fsu. Didn't win coastal. Probably won't beat the win total from previous year. Fan base is off the wagon. Season is a fail. Huge game on Sat.

This is my biggest concern as well.

Far as I'm concerned we'll see how these coaches motivate these kids. Past years after the FSU game they've packed it in and the season goes up in flames. If we lose the UNC game it will be no different than years past.

I'm not ready to say the season is a failure but if we lose the next two it's a bust. I will reserve judgment on Richt as well, these kids were Goldenized, it will take time to wash that stink away. Maybe a year or two.

Basically **** happens, now let's go get the next one.

Advertisement
We'll be 4-3 5-2 or 6-1. Great job as always LuCane.

I encourage you to read the subsequent sentence. "And, to me, that'll tell us a lot of what we need to know." Beyond that, there's a whole bunch else connected to what those three possibilities mean.

That "and" tells you they're connected. If you need any further help, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
LuCane I'm just glad we saw the Rick playbook you kept telling us about.

Actually, I'd encourage you to re-watch the game and see the other formations/sets and plays used that had not previously been shown. You're embarrassing yourself. I didn't say they work and no one could have predicted how poorly timed they'd be called.

My hope is you're not entrusted to make life or death decisions, as a pause between connected respirations - like sentences - might lead you to conclude someone is dead.

Advertisement
We'll either be 4-3, 5-2 or 6-1. And, to me, that'll tell us a lot of what we need to know. Certainly, much more than last night's surreal experience.

Plenty of smaller things to talk about as it relates to FSU game, playcalls and things we can extrapolate from one of the most bizarre game experiences we've encountered. That game should have gone in the opposite direction. The defense, apart from a handful of breakdowns and missed assignments, did its job and got the most out of its talent, it seemed. The offense did not and there are plenty of threads about that.

Ok, so now what?

That was a poor FSU defense and sub-par overall team. Does it mean UNC is going to wipe us out? Not necessarily. Things have to change, but UNC threatens our defense more than FSU. Read that again, please. That means we'll have to score points. If we can somehow manage to win that game, we get VT on a short week. A VT team that just hammered UNC and will be playing at home on a Thursday night. Insert overly used "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." Well, we punched ourselves in the mouth last night.

In 12 short days, we'll know about our coaches' willingness to adjust, about how our players buy in, and get a small sample size of the type of program we'll see over the next few years.

With respect. Not a single moment of football is required to know all we need. You've been around long enough to know what you're watching.

Less than a year removed from 58-0, there is no remaining currency in "punched in the mouth" or the "buy in" Bull shlt cliches.

We can't keep up with UNCs offense.

Fuente will coach circles around Richt.

We have a better chance of beating UNC but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Ive seen this movie before and it's a ****** ending.

We have a better chance of beating UNC but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I actually think VT is the better matchup because they don't seem to have a lot of playmakers, and I'm not sure how sharp their QB is as a passer. But on the road on a short week is tough.

Advertisement
Back