Buzz from the Orlando Opening

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
Brian Hightower - The Alpha Dog at the Opening in Orlando. He continued to use his big body frame to catch balls over defenders. Although he isn’t the fastest receiver, I like his ability to create separation and go up and make a big catch. Hightower isn’t the most talkative person with the media, but what myself and David Perez both got out of talking to him is that Miami remains in solid position with him on June 20th. Clemson and USC seemed to be the biggest threats to Miami and now it seems like they’re almost out of the picture. Ole Miss appears to be the biggest threat to Miami.

[TWEET] 833393102677217280[/TWEET]

Here’s David Perez is interview with Hightower
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/117668

Mark Pope - Mark Pope is one of those once in a recruiting class type of players. He’s so smooth, creates great separation from defenders and was making plays against nearly every defensive back there yesterday. Pope labeled Miami as the leader in my interview with him, but he also mentioned that Miami’s lead isn’t as big as people think. Although he might not be letting it be known just yet, Pope is likely be a Miami Hurricane.

[TWEET]833401264109150208[/TWEET]

Here’s my interview with Pope
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/117667

Dennis Briggs - It’s only a matter of time before he pulls the trigger and commits to Miami, in my opinion. I spoke with him yesterday and he sounded so excited about the offer and he labeled it as his ‘Dream Offer’ — Expect a commitment from him sooner rather than later. Interview on the way.

Lorenzo Lingard — He’s 100% a Miami Hurricane. It’s funny because fans think that there’s no way he’s going to shut down his recruitment, but he has already selected his classes at Miami and his family is locked in with the coaching staff and the Canes. Miami’s biggest threat was considered the Florida Gators and in my interview with him Lingard had some fun with UF.

[TWEET]833372222177832962[/TWEET]

My interview with Lingard
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/117661

Warren Thompson
I’m continuing to hear that Miami is in great position to land a commitment from him. Thompson grew up a FSU fan but out of the big three schools, they seem to have the least contact. Florida is on him hard, but the Hurricanes have been consistently on him for a couple years now. His parents both approve Miami, so don’t be surprised if he continues to trend in UM's direction.

[TWEET]833398035493318657[/TWEET]

Elijah Moore - Miami still leads with him as he told David Perez that Miami is ‘messing with him’. It appears like the Canes just have higher targets on the board at the moment. Moore was easily the best wide receiver at the Opening and has continued to dominate on the camp circuit. This could turn into a Mike Harley situation where Miami turns up the heat later in the process. IMO Moore is better then Harley, Harley is faster but Moore is overall a better football player.

[TWEET]833381744866889728[/TWEET]

Here's David Perez is interview with Moore
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/117663

Last edited:
Advertisement
[MENTION=10499]ErickMarreroU[/MENTION]

So we're the leader for Hightower? That's really great news

If Hightower is seriously considering Old **** then he's getting horrible advice. That program is garbage, is about to get the death penalty, and Freeze is gonna get fired.

This Old **** interest raises all kinds of red flags to me. Sounds like he's trolling or getting terrible counsel from somewhere. Clemson and USC fading? Right. This sounds like a troll job clusterfck.

He didn't indicate that Miami was the leader, but Clemson and USC were the biggest threat and they're not even mentioned

Advertisement

Don't think Hightower named a leader, but the way his recruitment is playing out, I like Miami'S chances

Give me Hightower or Williams, Pope, Wiggins, and Moore, and then call it a day. We could close up shop at WR and focus elsewhere. Whoever wants in first, whether it's Higtower or Williams, should round out our four.

Keep tabs on other guys like we are probably doing at RB with Curry and Cook, but at the end of the day, lock up shop sooner rather than later.

So we're leaders for everyone :puzzled:

No doubt Ole Miss is dropping that bag for Hightower though.

Advertisement
If Hightower is seriously considering Old **** then he's getting horrible advice. That program is garbage, is about to get the death penalty, and Freeze is gonna get fired.

This Old **** interest raises all kinds of red flags to me. Sounds like he's trolling or getting terrible counsel from somewhere. Clemson and USC fading? Right. This sounds like a troll job clusterfck.

If ole miss is involved sounds like bags to me.

Ole **** as a serious threat for Hightower?! LMAO...that's a relief, Ole **** is about to get blown to oblivion by NCAA sanctions for having an amateur bag game.

You think maybe one of their bagmen hasn't gotten the memo to 'cut it out, we're under investigation' and is still trying to get kids to come there? USC and Clemson going down and Old **** going up just doesn't sound right because their football programs are the exact opposite.

Advertisement
Hightower can have a Mike Williams from clemson type affect on the offense, after pope he is should be the #1 target at the receiver position

Advertisement

Don't think Hightower named a leader, but the way his recruitment is playing out, I like Miami'S chances

How many WR do you see the canes signing this year? Also how many DB? Safe to say no Burns or Patterson?

Pete has said that Patterson isn't a take, and that Burns might be here for a track scholarship, but not a football one. As for the receiver spot, I think the golden number is 4, but they could possibly take 5 if a stud wants in.

Pope, Hightower, Thompson, and Moore? Sign me up. Looks like the kid from American Heritage, and Delray Beach are the odd man out.

Hightower can have a Mike Williams from clemson type affect on the offense, after pope he is should be the #1 target at the receiver position

The thing I like about Hightower is the fact that we need a player like that to complement all of our shifty, speedy, and elusive slot guys. Thomas, Harley, Pope, and etc, all fit that mold. Thats why getting guys like Wiggins and Hightower is crucial.

The_[]_[]_Soto;2846097 said:
Pope, Hightower, Thompson, and Moore? Sign me up. Looks like the kid from American Heritage, and Delray Beach are the odd man out.

Definitely keep tabs on the kid from American Heritage. His speed is second to none, and while you can teach route running, you can't teach pure blistering speed, but I do agree that it looks like he will probably be the odd man out. Shame.

Advertisement
Back