Buzz from the Orlando Opening

Mark Pope - Mark Pope is one of those once in a recruiting class type of players. He’s so smooth, creates great separation from defenders and was making plays against nearly every defensive back there yesterday. Pope labeled Miami as the leader in my interview with him, but he also mentioned that Miami’s lead isn’t as big as people think. Although he might not be letting it be known just yet, Pope is likely be a Miami Hurricane.

In other words, Pete don't blow his high.

Advertisement
[MENTION=10499]ErickMarreroU[/MENTION]

So we're the leader for Hightower? That's really great news

Don't think Hightower named a leader, but the way his recruitment is playing out, I like Miami'S chances

How many WR do you see the canes signing this year? Also how many DB? Safe to say no Burns or Patterson?

Pete has said that Patterson isn't a take, and that Burns might be here for a track scholarship, but not a football one. As for the receiver spot, I think the golden number is 4, but they could possibly take 5 if a stud wants in.

No doubt on Patterson and Burns, hence I dropped them. WE have Gil, Ivey, Jobe, Russell right now. Do we take 3-4 more? Gotta think Hall, Campbell Blades are in. That leaves 1 more at most for say Samuel? Huge influx of talent, but do we use 30-35% of our class on DB?

Why wait if you like Miami. Savage dogs like to run in packs with other savage dogs. Miami can get a lot of top dogs, if the guys at the top commit. You will start seeing player wanting to be in the class. Right now kids watching to see which big dog going to commit to Miami.

Last edited:
giphy (1).jpg

Advertisement
[MENTION=10499]ErickMarreroU[/MENTION]

So we're the leader for Hightower? That's really great news

Don't think Hightower named a leader, but the way his recruitment is playing out, I like Miami'S chances

How many WR do you see the canes signing this year? Also how many DB? Safe to say no Burns or Patterson?

Pete has said that Patterson isn't a take, and that Burns might be here for a track scholarship, but not a football one. As for the receiver spot, I think the golden number is 4, but they could possibly take 5 if a stud wants in.

No doubt on Patterson and Burns, hence I dropped them. WE have Gil, Ivey, Jobe, Russell right now. Do we take 3-4 more? Gotta think Hall, Campbell Blades are in. That leaves 1 more at most for say Samuel? Huge influx of talent, but do we use 30-35% of our class on DB?

Yes, final DB number will be around 7. We got:

Jobe
Frierson
Ivey
Rusell

That leaves 3 spots left out of:

Blades
Hall
Campbell
Surtain Jr.
Samuel Jr.

You gotta think that Hall and Blades are all Cane, so that means we got 1 spot left. My guess is it will go to either Samuel or Campbell depending on who we can sway or who wants in.

Is Kevin Austin going to be hitting the camp circuit? I hope so and I hope he hits the Opening in Miami this weekend. Seems like his name has basically vanished.

I want Pope, Wiggins, Hightower, Moore...

Thompson looks like a flex TE. Doesnt look like a true WR.

If there is a 5th spot I give it to Schwartz.

I dont want to take Austin until he proves he can dominate comparable talent so I hope he hits the camps this summer. Or at least shows up to Paradise Camp.

Your all forgetting about Jatavious Harris who is an elite athlete out GA.Who's big on Miami...Pete?

Also I believe if we have the season that we think we're going to have we will be players for the likes of tyreke Johnson and Taron Vincent

Last edited:
Advertisement
WTF is this Hightower/Ole Miss thing? That can't be serious. The program is circling the drain, and he's considering them? Red flags up!

Says a lot about how our recruiting is going when a stud like Elijah Moore is getting slow played.

Give me Hightower or Williams, Pope, Wiggins, and Moore, and then call it a day. We could close up shop at WR and focus elsewhere. Whoever wants in first, whether it's Higtower or Williams, should round out our four.

Keep tabs on other guys like we are probably doing at RB with Curry and Cook, but at the end of the day, lock up shop sooner rather than later.

Couldn't agree Moore with you ;)

Your all forgetting about Jatavious Harris who is an elite athlete out GA.Who's big on Miami...Pete?

Also I believe if we have the season that we think we're going to have we will be players for the likes of tyreke Johnson and Taron Vincent

Harris is not better than any of the WRs mentioned already in the thread probably like a plan C for us right now

Advertisement
If Hightower is seriously considering Old **** then he's getting horrible advice. That program is garbage, is about to get the death penalty, and Freeze is gonna get fired.

This Old **** interest raises all kinds of red flags to me. Sounds like he's trolling or getting terrible counsel from somewhere. Clemson and USC fading? Right. This sounds like a troll job clusterfck.

Yeah, but are they still paying top $$$$?

If Hightower is seriously considering Old **** then he's getting horrible advice. That program is garbage, is about to get the death penalty, and Freeze is gonna get fired.

This Old **** interest raises all kinds of red flags to me. Sounds like he's trolling or getting terrible counsel from somewhere. Clemson and USC fading? Right. This sounds like a troll job clusterfck.

I like this. You **** on the advice Lingard was receiving from Tweed and then he ended up committing. Now you **** on the advice he is getting from Brooklyndee.... hopefully it's the same result!

Advertisement
Having tracked recruiting for 20 years now, Hightower is trolling. You don't blow up after a good junior year and camps and then list Ole Miss as leading. Sounds like an advertisement "gunslinger for hire".

You think maybe one of their bagmen hasn't gotten the memo to 'cut it out, we're under investigation' and is still trying to get kids to come there? USC and Clemson going down and Old **** going up just doesn't sound right because their football programs are the exact opposite.

Yeah. Either he's trolling and building suspense, or someone is giving him horrible advice. Old **** is a total sewer and runs the real chance of getting the death penalty. Their recruiting totally tanked this year.

Need Vincent AND Johnson in a bad way.

Advertisement
Back