Buy your tickets pls

I’m not saying I agree with not attending but I agree with @Da Jumbo Mutombo those reasons are the justification for many not to attend. I can understand it, though.
Same but for example this is a game for a long time I most likely would have flown in from west coast for but theres only so many of those where you can handle the day after flight of disappointment

Advertisement
I remember 5 or 10 years ago they had a deal if you went to the ticket office on a certain day on Game week (maybe Wed?). You could buy game tickets for like 10 or 15 bucks.

My favorite excuse is "there is just so much to do in the city". Reality is you are going to sit at home or go to a bar and watch the game and not actually do the million things people always throw out as an excuse
You mean stop at the Titanic... .

Advertisement
I've spoken to a few pretty big fans that won't be attending. Factors at play:

1. FSU game last year. Attended and was over within a few minutes.
2. Prices.
3. Heat at 3:30pm
4. General lack of winning big games. Building a show me first attitude.

Obviously, big portion of the fan base is beat down by losing so much.
So...... Mopes....

This thread is ******* depressing....

angry ibis is living his best both sides of the same coin life
On one side I completely understand elements of their argument, and completely jive with your position about flying across the country...

On the other side, heat and price are weak excuses for this particular game, and many have been scolded for the "show me"/"wait and see"/"cautiously optimistic" position...

In general I understand the angst, that said, it is the A&M game, one of 2 "big" home games and the 2nd week of the season, so if you can get there, get your *** to the game.

Doom hasn't set in yet. But gloom has in this thread.

On one side I completely understand elements of their argument, and completely jive with your position about flying across the country...

On the other side, heat and price are weak excuses for this particular game, and many have been scolded for the "show me"/"wait and see"/"cautiously optimistic" position...

In general I understand the angst, that said, it is the A&M game, one of 2 "big" home games and the 2nd week of the season, so if you can get there, get your *** to the game.

Doom hasn't set in yet. But gloom has in this thread.
100% agree with you on this. The problem for the "show me first" crowd is that one day they will wish that they had been there to see the game that showed them.

Advertisement
100% agree with you on this. The problem for the "show me first" crowd is that one day they will wish that they had been there to see the game that showed them.
Great point I still remember the games that turned it around in the 80’s. Those are great memories and the OB WAS 0ny 60 percent full. So the Core is small but they hopefully get a great win that propels Miami to a level they strive to be on. The group Saturday will never forget the experience. And the base will grow as new big games will reward them. It’s a building of a new base of support led by a young new following…but you need to win that’s pivotal.

2. Prices.

These are the same people who profess and require unconditional love from local and regional recruits because “we’re the U bro!”.

Conditional fandom at its finest.

These are the same people who profess and require unconditional love from local and regional recruits because “we’re the U bro!”.

Conditional fandom at its finest.
I love when people profess to be diehard fans while in the same breathe stating they need to see wins to show up. Like.. that’s not how that works people lol

Advertisement
If I lived down remotely close, I would be at every game. Unfortunately I live in SC, so I am stuck watching on TV most of the time. I used to go down 3-4 times a season, but prices to travel are through the ******* roof and flight cancellations are running rampant, just doesn't make it as easy any longer.

Considered going with my oldest son for a hot sec yesterday and fighting with the wife/youngest son later. Buttttt those $100 upper deck rates killed any momentum. Even for a bogo, $50 per game is still too high for upper deck. Coming off the season and home games they had last year, i think they are nuts. They need to read the room better.

Advertisement

2. Prices.

I've been going to UM games for over 40 years with a big group of season ticket holders and every one of them are going. Maybe your so called "pretty Big fans" are just not as big as you thought. 🤷‍♂️

Considered going with my oldest son for a hot sec yesterday and fighting with the wife/youngest son later. Buttttt those $100 upper deck rates killed any momentum. Even for a bogo, $50 per game is still too high for upper deck. Coming off the season and home games they had last year, i think they are nuts. They need to read the room better.
You can get lower level seats on StubHub for $100

Advertisement
Back