BUTCH

Advertisement
Butch probably had the most talented team in the ACC for a couple years there, when he was at N. Carolina, yet he didn't come close to winning the Coastal Division.

He took over a team that went 16-31 and 12-20 in the ACC the 4 years before he got there. He had to recruit weaker talent than what he had at Miami and in year 4 to 5, when the talent was developed and about to make things happen, they got suspended for the infractions he wasn't involved in. He still had an impressive staff with Pagano being his defensive coordinator. But it really boils down to the simple fact that he would make the team better and be an improvement over the current regime.

I'd love to hire the next great coach, but it seems the admin is incapable of doing so seeing as we're going on three missed hires in a row. The next hire needs to be can't miss and we don't have the money now and firing Golden would just make the situation worse financially. Therefore, we need a can't miss that is cheap and Butch is the only one I can think of. Do you have another suggestion that fits that criteria?

Butch probably had the most talented team in the ACC for a couple years there, when he was at N. Carolina, yet he didn't come close to winning the Coastal Division.

Please Butch Davis unc team was ready his last year, but the sec/NCAA looked for something before they ran ape **** on Lsu on national tv. Them boys would of raped Lsu but the NCAA made sure that wouldn't happen, that d was filthy loaded and they would of easily won the acc that year. Dude came into sfla and took bio Bernard and a ton other kids and had Gurley going to unc, c'mon man dude is the truth do ur homework bruh..
That 2010 UNC team was going to be in the running for a national championship appearance.

I blow myself in a candle lit room listening to journey.

FIFY

Funny guy. Go blow that overrated old man named Botch--you know you want to.

0-2 vs ECU
1-4 vs Beamer
1-4 vs. Bobby

Selective memories around here.[/QUOTE]

Sure is. Some retards question Butch Davis.

He got to Miami, just like Golden, but he was hit with 31 scholarship reductions, toughed it out and his last year here went 10-1, beat #2 FSU, and got screwed out of a chance to play in the NC game. You see, Miami, especially in those days, was universally hated. I mean HATED.

That was the team Butch built, and the next year Clappy won it, and the year following, a bad call or another National Championship.

The UNC team at the basketball school was a sorry-assed football program. He finally got some of his players there, and damned if the NCAA scandal hit, suspending 13 of his players, many who were starters, and he STILL went 8-5 and won his bowl game. Oh. Nine of his players were drafted into the NFL that year.

Someone can nitpic a bit here and there, and you can find some really cute stats against Jimmy Johnson, Howard Scnellenberger, Dennis Erickson, Nick Saban, or any coach you care to select.

Doesn't change the fact that someone just doesn't know siht. And is nitpicking to a purpose.

We can't GET five and six million dollar coaches. We CAN get Butch Davis.

And you can't name a single, realistic coach better, for the money. Not ONE.

"For the money." That's the key, isn't it. Nobody wants him and he's begging to come back for a dime- which is about what he's worth right now. Keep speculating about the past. Botch would've lost a game with that team Coker won a NC with, no doubt about it. He isn't a winner, even with a ton of talent around him. There are plenty of better candidates out there.

Go ahead, make excuses for him--"he had fewer scholarships to work with..." Cry me a river. Beamer, Bobby (f'ing geniuses) and ECU owned him. When he needed a win for a breakthrough season, he got trounced by Syracuse - gave up about 66 points. He killed it vs. Temple and Rutgers though. Really, impressive.

Yes, yes, "he was a great evaluator of talent." But he never won it all with that talent and how much credit should go to him for bringing in that talent, rather than Coker and Schiano, anyway? The assistants generally play a huge role in recruiting. You all are just speculating about his recruiting prowess.

Botch is not the answer. He's old and I would call him a "has been," but he's never actually been.

Enough of these dumb threads. Turn the page.

Advertisement
he left us but most college coaches wanna try at NFL see if they can do it at the highest level. he will win with our current talent.

Howard left us, JJ left us, Dennis left us, so what, They left for NFL HC gigs. That is the type of coach we need. Young coach looking for path to NFL through NC. Do you wand a St Bobby who wins one, gets given one, and chokes on a half dozen in 30 years. How much better would it had been if Larry have left?

Please Butch Davis unc team was ready his last year, but the sec/NCAA looked for something before they ran ape **** on Lsu on national tv. Them boys would of raped Lsu but the NCAA made sure that wouldn't happen, that d was filthy loaded and they would of easily won the acc that year. Dude came into sfla and took bio Bernard and a ton other kids and had Gurley going to unc, c'mon man dude is the truth do ur homework bruh..
That 2010 UNC team was going to be in the running for a national championship appearance.

STFU stupid

STFU stupid
Lol you are funny

Well, it was stated a number of times that off season prior to the sanctions that UNc would be a darkhorse for the championship as well as having the deepest wealth of NFL talent of any team in the country...... I mean this is unc were talking about here. Pretty **** good talk if you ask me.

Im not the biggest fan of butch on gameday but i will say he is light years ahead of what we have now.

Dude can find diamonds in the rough as well as develop it.

with the right coordinators we would be knocking on the door of a ship real soon.

Advertisement
I blow myself in a candle lit room listening to journey.

FIFY

Funny guy. Go blow that overrated old man named Botch--you know you want to.

0-2 vs ECU
1-4 vs Beamer
1-4 vs. Bobby

Selective memories around here.[/QUOTE]

Sure is. Some retards question Butch Davis.

He got to Miami, just like Golden, but he was hit with 31 scholarship reductions, toughed it out and his last year here went 10-1, beat #2 FSU, and got screwed out of a chance to play in the NC game. You see, Miami, especially in those days, was universally hated. I mean HATED.

That was the team Butch built, and the next year Clappy won it, and the year following, a bad call or another National Championship.

The UNC team at the basketball school was a sorry-assed football program. He finally got some of his players there, and damned if the NCAA scandal hit, suspending 13 of his players, many who were starters, and he STILL went 8-5 and won his bowl game. Oh. Nine of his players were drafted into the NFL that year.

Someone can nitpic a bit here and there, and you can find some really cute stats against Jimmy Johnson, Howard Scnellenberger, Dennis Erickson, Nick Saban, or any coach you care to select.

Doesn't change the fact that someone just doesn't know siht. And is nitpicking to a purpose.

We can't GET five and six million dollar coaches. We CAN get Butch Davis.

And you can't name a single, realistic coach better, for the money. Not ONE.

"For the money." That's the key, isn't it. Nobody wants him and he's begging to come back for a dime- which is about what he's worth right now. Keep speculating about the past. Botch would've lost a game with that team Coker won a NC with, no doubt about it. He isn't a winner, even with a ton of talent around him. There are plenty of better candidates out there.

Go ahead, make excuses for him--"he had fewer scholarships to work with..." Cry me a river. Beamer, Bobby (f'ing geniuses) and ECU owned him. When he needed a win for a breakthrough season, he got trounced by Syracuse - gave up about 66 points. He killed it vs. Temple and Rutgers though. Really, impressive.

Yes, yes, "he was a great evaluator of talent." But he never won it all with that talent and how much credit should go to him for bringing in that talent, rather than Coker and Schiano, anyway? The assistants generally play a huge role in recruiting. You all are just speculating about his recruiting prowess.

Botch is not the answer. He's old and I would call him a "has been," but he's never actually been.

Enough of these dumb threads. Turn the page.

Enough of dumbasses. You are unique among men. You apparently know coaches who've never, ever lost a game. Just wow.

Nick Saban in 2002 lost to Virginia Tech. Same year lost at Arkansas. Lost to Iowa. He's lost to Purdue.

Yes, when we were burning 31 scholarships, we lost some games to FSU, but in 2000, Butch beat #2 ranked FSU, and we were pushed aside, allowing FSU to play Oklahoma. You also seem to ignore that Butch took over a 3-9 UNC team the year before he got there.

You like raw numbers, you are too damned dumb to consider the circumstances behind those numbers. It's OK. Lots of idiots who can't ever get below the surface of whatever they're looking at.

The proof you're an idiot is suggesting that Coker and Schiano brought in the talent at Miami.

The proof you're an idiot is suggesting that Coker and Schiano brought in the talent at Miami.
-------------

which is crazy because its evident who brought in the talent when everyone seperates who is still bringing in top talent at their respective job?

BUTch.. what he did at UNC can not be compared to schiano at rutgers or coker at utsa. not even close.

Kinda like everyone knows that Gene Chizik WAS NOT the reason auburn won that ship a few years back. We all know whose team that really was. lol

Bring this man back now u fkin ****** BOt members and president frodo bagginz........pleeeeeeease for the love of God. U guys no it's over with this staff grow balls and make the move

Advertisement
Back