Butch is plotting lol

Coker was a genius?

WTF?

I think we need a recruiter and developer of talent. We don't need a genius. That was Coker. You get all the best players down here your in the playoff every year....at least. Decent play caller winning it or playing for it at least every 3 years

Compared to Fraulden The Incompetent, Coker is a ******* genius. Heck, a Pet Rock or even DBC is smarter.

Advertisement
"Rolling" = 8 wins in his last three seasons in the ACC?

Butch did a good job all those years ago, but CFB has changed and we need someone fresh and innovative. Some one with modern schemes and techniques. Some one with a revolutionary training method, etc. not a vanilla 4-3 and pro style offense. This isn't the 90's. We are closer to 2020 than 2000. With that said, Butch (or anyone else) would be 10x better than Golden.

butch had UNC rollin until the academic scandal (which he was not implicated) When they played Bama? in the Atlanta that year they gave them a run for the money with 10 or so players out. Many of which ended up getting drafted despite missing the entire season.

Butch gon Butch...dont let the algoldenization syndrome we have been exposed to blind you

Why are people comparing Saban's age to Butch's age? Saban hasn't been on a 5 year sabbatical from coaching. Saban has 4 national titles, with 2 different teams. And Saban is much closer to the end of his career than he is to the middle. I'm almost positive he didn't take the Texas job because he's not interested in another re-build. He's already proven he can do it ... Twice.

Bill Snyder was only away for 3 seasons ... And during that time, he was still connected to the KSU program. Butch has been gone for over 15 years. And during that time, he's actively competed against the program. The Snyder comparison isn't remotely close.

Who cares if Bill Snyder can beat Al Golden. The reason we want Golden fired is because he's supposed to beat programs like Kansas State, with 75 year old coaches. LOL

"Rolling" = 8 wins in his last three seasons in the ACC?

Butch did a good job all those years ago, but CFB has changed and we need someone fresh and innovative. Some one with modern schemes and techniques. Some one with a revolutionary training method, etc. not a vanilla 4-3 and pro style offense. This isn't the 90's. We are closer to 2020 than 2000. With that said, Butch (or anyone else) would be 10x better than Golden.

butch had UNC rollin until the academic scandal (which he was not implicated) When they played Bama? in the Atlanta that year they gave them a run for the money with 10 or so players out. Many of which ended up getting drafted despite missing the entire season.

Butch gon Butch...dont let the algoldenization syndrome we have been exposed to blind you

"rolling" as in headed in the right direction (i.e., bringing in quality recruits, getting quality wins, going to consecutive bowls, beating ranked opponents etc).

btw your 8 wins in 3 years is wrong he was 8-5 his final 3 years at UNC, he did more in those 3 seasons at UNC than Al Golden has done in his 10 years as a head coach. Butch Davis Coaching Record | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill Snyder is 75 years old. Kansas State has been doing fairly well since his return in 2009. I don't think he's "young and innovative"

Oh yeah, and they beat Miami and Al Golden 52-13 in 2012

Butch is too **** old

Nick Saban is 17 days older than Butch. Do we need to list the coaches in college and pro sports who have won championships at their age. I'm sure it's a lengthy list.

Dumba$$ kids.

They think younger is smarter.

Completely discount experience, and since they're young, they're too dumb to appreciate well established track records.

Don't realize it's the older lions that dominate the pride.

Advertisement
LMAO!! That dude is begging for a job, any job at this point.

Weird that he wants to live in Miami again. Didn't he tell Forston "Why would you want to live in Miami" or something to that effect when he tried to recruit him to UNC?

That's not the with what he told Forston. He told that 5* star DT that Randy Shannon days at the U were numbered, and that was quite a prophetic disclosure to Forston.

Didn't he tell Forston "Why would you want to live in Miami" or something to that effect when he tried to recruit him to UNC?

No, that was Doc Holliday. Forston's response was..."If I didn't get in trouble in the Pork & Beans, what makes you think I'ma get in trouble in Coral Gables...".

Note: it was reported everywhere that several Miami NW High School kids, especially Marcus and Sean Spence met with Butch o*n the evening after Sean Taylor's Funeral. Thus, these comments were directly related to Butch.

Another well-connected Canes fan added this: "Butch Davis also told him, why would you want to live down here when all these people are getting shot. Marcus said, " You had no problem living down here with your wife for six years."

That's the kind of cold blooded, ruthless killer we need as HC, not a ***.

Why are people comparing Saban's age to Butch's age? Saban hasn't been on a 5 year sabbatical from coaching. Saban has 4 national titles, with 2 different teams. And Saban is much closer to the end of his career than he is to the middle. I'm almost positive he didn't take the Texas job because he's not interested in another re-build. He's already proven he can do it ... Twice.

Bill Snyder was only away for 3 seasons ... And during that time, he was still connected to the KSU program. Butch has been gone for over 15 years. And during that time, he's actively competed against the program. The Snyder comparison isn't remotely close.

Who cares if Bill Snyder can beat Al Golden. The reason we want Golden fired is because he's supposed to beat programs like Kansas State, with 75 year old coaches. LOL
if u can coach u can coach. It's that simple

Butch knows that

Firing Day is 75 away.

[video=youtube;Xxo2kKp8LuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxo2kKp8LuQ[/video]

[video=youtube;wl2YYzEoE5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2YYzEoE5E[/video]

niner tight as **** like we care bout ties and pillars, butch would win no matter how ya portray the dude. fsu n uf would be shut out of sfla. i cant understand y ya dont want this savage as a coach.

niner is such a raging fheggot

Advertisement
SP.jpg

I needed to hear this. All this replacement talk gets me excited. Especially talk of Butch coming back. If he wants to silently campaign, I suggest he says **** it and open a campaign office off US1 and get a tour bus with "Bring Back Butch" painted on it, to campaign all over the State of Miami. "WE LOVE YOU BUTCH"!

Advertisement
LMAO!! That dude is begging for a job, any job at this point.

Weird that he wants to live in Miami again. Didn't he tell Forston "Why would you want to live in Miami" or something to that effect when he tried to recruit him to UNC?

And what he told Forston when he was trying to recruit him to NC is relevant how?

Butch was hired at UNC November 2006 and fired July 2011. So looking at the the period Butch would have coached or recruited players - roughly 7 year period:

Players Drafted: 30
1s 7
2s 6
3s 3
4s 4
5s 5
6s 1
4s 4

Previous 7 year period at UNC:
Players Drafted 19
1s 2
2s 1
3s 1
4s 7
5s 2
6s 0
7s 6

* UNC had zero players in the 2007 Draft.

Advertisement
There's a longer diatribe I wish I had time to submit, but suffice to say that I don't understand why every Miami fan isn't clamoring for Butch. As Archer and others have stated, he's PROVEN he can take a Miami team (under real probation) to greater heights than we have seen since he left. And some don't like him because he's ruthless. Guess what? You're a CANES fan! That's our DNA...and we've forgotten that to a large extent. My favorite example: The U, Part 2, where Butch is asked about whether the Canes would've beat Oklahoma in the 2000 Orange Bowl. His response, without hesitation, "We blow them out...in my mind, it's not even close."

THAT'S Miami. Our team, more than any other, is built on that type of culture/mentality. Not only is Al missing that DNA, but so are most/all of the other non-Butch candidates mentioned here.

Butch was hired at UNC November 2006 and fired July 2011. So looking at the the period Butch would have coached or recruited players - roughly 7 year period:

1s 7
2s 6
3s 3
4s 4
5s 5
6s 1
4s 4

Players Drafted 19
1s 2
2s 1
3s 1
4s 7
5s 2
6s 0
7s 6

butch was there 4 yrs but yes your stats support what many of us know. Butch is better than AG

Butch Davis Coaching Record | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

1s 7
2s 6
3s 3
4s 4
5s 5
6s 1
4s 4

Players Drafted 19
1s 2
2s 1
3s 1
4s 7
5s 2
6s 0
7s 6

butch was there 4 yrs but yes your stats support what many of us know. Butch is better than AG

Butch Davis Coaching Record | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Right. Thats why I said coached or recruited; e.g. Gio Bernard or Quinton Coples. Recruited and played for Butch but Butch was gone prior to their being drafted.

but suffice to say that I don't understand why every Miami fan isn't clamoring for Butch.

Because it's not 2000!

Some of yall think hiring butch is the equivalent of "saving" your dynasty mode in NCAA College Football, and re-starting it.

It's been 15 years since due was at Miami.

There is no certainty with hiring Butch, no matter how many posts yall make.

Advertisement
Back