Butch is plotting lol

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Greg Cote posted this

BUTCH DAVIS SUBTLY TURNS UP THE HEAT ON AL GOLDEN: It may mean nothing in terms of his desire to get back into college coaching, but I find it interesting that, quietly this week, Butch Davis accepted 1aa1abdavisthe job of honorary chairman of the Miami Beach Bowl's new 16-member Bowl Game Committee. Davis (pictured) is in his second year as an ESPN college football studio analyst but it is an open secret among those who know him that he wants back into coaching and would be receptive to coming back to the University of Miami, which he coached in 1995-2000, should UM make a change and move on from Al Golden after this season. The interest, at least among UM fans, may be mutual. We have seen 'Bring Back Butch' signs at games.' Last week a small plane pulled a banner over the game at FAU that read, 'Make Miami Great Again -- Butch Davis 2016.' Davis' involvement with the Miami Beach Bowl, even if mostly ceremonial, increases his visibility right in Golden's backyard. "It's a great honor," Davis said of his new role. "I look forward to contributing where I can and connecting with the local college football fan base and business community." Suffice to say he may be getting an earful from that fan base and those business leaders along the lines of please-come-back-Butch. I'm not cynical enough to think that is why Davis took on this local role ... or naive enough to think it never crossed his mind.

Advertisement
LMAO!! That dude is begging for a job, any job at this point.

Weird that he wants to live in Miami again. Didn't he tell Forston "Why would you want to live in Miami" or something to that effect when he tried to recruit him to UNC?

Didn't he tell Forston "Why would you want to live in Miami" or something to that effect when he tried to recruit him to UNC?

No, that was Doc Holliday. Forston's response was..."If I didn't get in trouble in the Pork & Beans, what makes you think I'ma get in trouble in Coral Gables...".

Weird that he wants to live in Miami again. Didn't he tell Forston "Why would you want to live in Miami" or something to that effect when he tried to recruit him to UNC?

That's not the with what he told Forston. He told that 5* star DT that Randy Shannon days at the U were numbered, and that was quite a prophetic disclosure to Forston.

Advertisement
Greg Cote posted this

BUTCH DAVIS SUBTLY TURNS UP THE HEAT ON AL GOLDEN: It may mean nothing in terms of his desire to get back into college coaching, but I find it interesting that, quietly this week, Butch Davis accepted 1aa1abdavisthe job of honorary chairman of the Miami Beach Bowl's new 16-member Bowl Game Committee. Davis (pictured) is in his second year as an ESPN college football studio analyst but it is an open secret among those who know him that he wants back into coaching and would be receptive to coming back to the University of Miami, which he coached in 1995-2000, should UM make a change and move on from Al Golden after this season. The interest, at least among UM fans, may be mutual. We have seen 'Bring Back Butch' signs at games.' Last week a small plane pulled a banner over the game at FAU that read, 'Make Miami Great Again -- Butch Davis 2016.' Davis' involvement with the Miami Beach Bowl, even if mostly ceremonial, increases his visibility right in Golden's backyard. "It's a great honor," Davis said of his new role. "I look forward to contributing where I can and connecting with the local college football fan base and business community." Suffice to say he may be getting an earful from that fan base and those business leaders along the lines of please-come-back-Butch. I'm not cynical enough to think that is why Davis took on this local role ... or naive enough to think it never crossed his mind.

I think that Cote wants UM to be mired in mediocrity, as this gives jim much fodder for his faux comedic blogs with stale humor. UM fans' misery are much to pick at, and the irony of past Championships and Golden's inability to sniff them is of great writing genre for Cote. ***** him!

Good. The midnight drive to the campus to take over after Al's gets canned following a game this year will be short.

I thought nobody would see the banner?

No, what was said was that a banner to fire a coach wouldn't accomplish anything. Just because people SEE a banner wanting Butch back, doesn't mean it's going to change admin or BOT's minds.

I can see it now:

Banner: "Bring back Butch Davis"
Fans: "YEAH!"
BOT/Admin: "You know what, that banner is right. Fire Al and hire Butch, now."

Advertisement
Think Butch is donating to the banners on go fund me? Someone make sure he is aware of it! Way I see it, admin should say, "**** we missed 3 in a row, let someone else (fans?) decide this time!"

At this point it's hard not to believe someone or Butch himself is strategically placing himself in position to be coaching this team next year

Any quality agent has already let it be known his client has interest, IMO.

It's up to Miami to make the next move ...

Advertisement
The Grim Butcher is everywhere Folden is. A big cloaked freckled figure looming over Folden's sweat-soaked shoulder all year. I love it!

Butch did a good job all those years ago, but CFB has changed and we need someone fresh and innovative. Some one with modern schemes and techniques. Some one with a revolutionary training method, etc. not a vanilla 4-3 and pro style offense. This isn't the 90's. We are closer to 2020 than 2000. With that said, Butch (or anyone else) would be 10x better than Golden.

Advertisement
Butch is no dummy. Even if you cede the point to the doubters and say that there's zero chance of him coming back to UM- what's the best way to keep his name at least luke warm for other openings? To be a presence in South Florida and to keep the clamoring up all year by us and to do his eSECpn spots. He knows exactly what he's doing here by fanning the flames but never directly criticizing Alfredo.

the football gods r telling us this is the way yet we still got people who r retarded n dont want him.

cmon butch

i think if he gets at least an interview he will nail it

That's not the with what he told Forston. He told that 5* star DT that Randy Shannon days at the U were numbered, and that was quite a prophetic disclosure to Forston.

Didn't he tell Forston "Why would you want to live in Miami" or something to that effect when he tried to recruit him to UNC?

No, that was Doc Holliday. Forston's response was..."If I didn't get in trouble in the Pork & Beans, what makes you think I'ma get in trouble in Coral Gables...".

Note: it was reported everywhere that several Miami NW High School kids, especially Marcus and Sean Spence met with Butch o*n the evening after Sean Taylor's Funeral. Thus, these comments were directly related to Butch.

Another well-connected Canes fan added this: "Butch Davis also told him, why would you want to live down here when all these people are getting shot. Marcus said, " You had no problem living down here with your wife for six years."

Advertisement
Back