Butch is never coaching at Miami again

I wouldn't care if Butch Davis was quietly Jesse James.

Bring back Butch, and let's get to winning, let's get to the playoffs, and once again, let's get to shining the brand.

Advertisement
I wouldn't care if Butch Davis was quietly Jesse James.

Bring back Butch, and let's get to winning, let's get to the playoffs, and once again, let's get to shining the brand.

Isn't it true that Butch Davis and Nevin Shapiro have never been seen in the same room together? Could they be one and the same?

Wouldn't care. Just win.

How did he ***** Miami? Dont think he was honest with the way he handled thing. In other news, what does OP mean? Original poster? For the person who post under...... WhatTheHell........ dude. Why you gotta be so mean? And stop trying to send me links to tranny **** in my PM box.

Honestly the way Butch left us really did ***** us. We could have had Mark Richt and would not be in this hellhole of a situation we are in right now.

That being said I still want Butch back.

We wouldn't have had Mark Richt. Richt had already been hired in December by GA and he was lame duck FSU OC. Should Butch have pulled a Petrino and quit during the season?

I've always been disappointed with Butch's departure not because he lied, but because our entire program have been mired in mediocrity ever since he left. The accountability and player development ceased to exist. Our recruiting has floundered. Our coaching continues to retrogress. Our team lost all of its desire to win and be successful.

The Trustee's that are still butthurt for Butch leaving them at the alter need to get over themselves. They sound like a bunch of thirteen year-old menustrating girls who are jilted at their bfs for leaving them for Mary Jane Rotten Crotch. Our football program is a disaster right now. To put out the treacherous flames at Hecht, we need the best available HC candidate. Butch is the best available candidate.

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you. "Neg" away.
a_560x0.gif

How did he ***** Miami? Dont think he was honest with the way he handled thing. In other news, what does OP mean? Original poster? For the person who post under...... WhatTheHell........ dude. Why you gotta be so mean? And stop trying to send me links to tranny **** in my PM box.

Honestly the way Butch left us really did ***** us. We could have had Mark Richt and would not be in this hellhole of a situation we are in right now.

That being said I still want Butch back.

At some point, this issue of who was honest with whom needs to be put away with all the other emotional baggage and children's toys.

Texas President was backing Mack...until he wasn't. PSU supported JoePa...until they weren't. OSU fully supported Tressel...untl they werent. FSU and Bowden. Bama and Shula. Michigan and Rich Rod. UCLA and Neuheisel. WV and Stewart. UM and Coker/Shannon.

Don't kid yourselves. Its business.

Administrations engage in the same sort of phuckery coaches do. It may be a family in the locker room but the hugs end at the door.

If UM is serious about competing and winning at the highest levels, they will have already reached out to the agents of some candidates.

+rep...spot on mane

It's good. With Alex Sosa doing a lot of blow. JHallCane getting really defensive and vicious via PM. Woooo weee.... that boy is fierce!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was gonna read the OP's post but then decided to do something else instead.

[video=youtube;jfeKEq56fKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfeKEq56fKc[/video]

As long as Paul Dee is still deceased, I think Butch with enough pressure from the alumni would be in play, JMO

Advertisement
it doesn't even matter anymore because no one is perfect and people make mistakes and most learn from them which it seems Butch has. However people trying to say UM ***ed up the negotiation w/ Butch are freaking crazy and prove just how good of a liar Butch was and still is. Butch was always leaving maybe he would have stayed through the 01 season but he wasn't staying here long term if he was he would have signed the offer Dee made in late Jan.

Negotiations plodded forward through the Sugar Bowl. On Jan. 5 both parties agreed to a base compensation of $8.5 million over five years, plus some incentive bonuses—all of which would have put Davis among the three highest-paid college football coaches in the nation. Two issues remained unresolved: the buyout if Davis took another job, and the guaranteed compensation if Davis was fired. Miami wanted Davis to pay a $2.5 million buyout if he left after the first year, and the school would pay him $5 million (of the remaining $6.8 million) if he was fired following the first season. (The buyout would decrease by $500,000 and the compensation by $1 million in each succeeding year.) Davis and Demoff found both clauses unacceptable.

Large buyout riders are not uncommon for sought-after college coaches, although $2.5 million would have been extraordinary. When Dennis Franchione left TCU for Alabama in December, he was charged a $1 million buyout and has a $1 million buyout in his Alabama contract. Virginia Tech's Frank Beamer has an $850,000 buyout. Dee defends Miami's demand for a stiff buyout clause by saying, "If we were going to make the investment that we were prepared to make, we expected reciprocity."

The parties exchanged offers in the days that followed. On Jan. 24, 13 days after Cleveland dismissed Chris Palmer as coach and put Davis on its short list, Miami offered to fully guarantee Davis's contract in the event that he was fired, and reduced the buyout to 20% of his remaining salary at the time of departure, approximately $1.37 million after the first year. (It galled Davis that he might have to work for $1.7 million and then pay back nearly that much to leave, a scenario that he compared to working a year for nothing.) Demoff offered four scenarios to Miami, including a 100-10 deal, in which Davis would have a 100% guaranteed contract and owe 10% of his remaining salary as buyout, roughly $680,000 after the first year. Miami's counter, on Jan. 27, was to drop the guarantee on the contract to 90% and reduce the buyout from 20% to 15%, which would have been $1.02 million after the first year.

[video=youtube_share;_woEHL3xqbg]http://youtu.be/_woEHL3xqbg[/video]

This is the part that jumped out at me. So we were willing to pay Butch 8.5mil for 5 years in 2000?? Top 3 highest paid coaches in the COUNTRY?? And now we don't have enough money to pay Al and hire somebody else??

I'm not buying the "we're too poor" excuse. UM could make a move if the leadership were there.

Advertisement
I have to believe that there are enough business minded members of the BOT's to understand that you can pick up a quality coach at a discount because 1.) he'd do anything to get back into the game and 2.) have the chance to undo one his greatest regrets.

Wtf - is this real life? We have ill will lingering after all this time? ITS A FRICKEN BUSINESS DECISION. Just do it already.......

Advertisement
Back