Butch Davis. What happened?

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2396336 said:
I'm not sure what happened to the public opinion on this board, but how are you guys not ecstatic about getting Butch Davis??? Yea sure Gary Patterson would probably be better, so would Saban and Meyer. But really USC just promoted their interim coach we could've been promoting Larry Scott. Instead we're gonna get Butch mother****in Davis the architect of the greatest college football team ever. in history. unequivocally. At our school. I'm confused.

For me, he wasn't my top choice and I killed Butch any chance I got. However, I try to be optimistic in all things and when you think who we could've ended up with (Cristobal, Schiano, Kiffin, Strong, Larry Scott), it's easy not crying about Butch.

Worse case scenario, he underachieves but transforms our trenches from sissies to savages, and stocks the roster with more savages and playmakers.

classy post

I am ok with butch.
but let me get this straight banners fly to fire al golden-- Blake fires him!! Banners fly to bring back butch -- Blake hires butch! Blake is worthless piece of **** that needs to be fired!!! Hmm..

Very anti climactic really. This would have been seen as a HR 5 weeks ago. Now it shows that no big name wanted the job and we settled even if Butch had the best plan/interview and others wanted to accept.

Advertisement
Great Post Cane Classic.

Dudes just subconsciously fighting to stay mediocre and miserable as fans. They are double agents now, Stockholm Syndrome they hate their liberators. Same ish Harriet Tubman had to deal with. Don't know what's good for them, and will certainly eat their words as they did with Golden. All outsiders are praised and gifted unearned love. But any all former Canes get dogged and dismissed. Identity crisis. I've seen this mania/psychosis before

If we would have waited to fire AL at seasons end, and had a 4-8 year, everyone would be so happy with a Butch Davis hire. However, we fired his *** mid season and won 4 of our last 5 and finished with 8 regular season wins. I guess our fan base thinks we are on par with Bama now. Anyone short of Bill Belichick is a disappointment to some because we won 8 games? Not me. I am very happy and looking forward to winning big next year.

Only person that think was realistic who I wanted over Butch was Herman...

If he told us to kick rocks well then good hire!

To those thinking chip kelly, patterson, gundy and those cats would have jumped are the same dudes who thought Gruden was coming during the last search

I'm cool with Butch if he comes in a cleans house. Including getting rid of Swasey's a$$ and bringing in a real S&C coach.

Advertisement
Because some of our fans have just a little difficulty getting in touch with reality. They believe that not only we can outbid other schools for the best coaches (not necessarily the available ones, mind you) but also we can offer a lot more for those big time (unavailable) coaches, much more than tradition and location.

Reality check: The only thing Miami can offer is history of 5 NC and fertile recruiting grounds. We are not going to outbid or outspend any of those schools. We are not going to give better facilities, better stadium or better fans.

I am not a fan of our AD, but I honesty believe that there was a collective effort to reach out to every interested big name in coaching. My feeling is, none of those big names mentioned by fans on the board showed real interest.

Great Post Cane Classic.

Dudes just subconsciously fighting to stay mediocre and miserable as fans. They are double agents now, Stockholm Syndrome they hate their liberators. Same ish Harriet Tubman had to deal with. Don't know what's good for them, and will certainly eat their words as they did with Golden. All outsiders are praised and gifted unearned love. But any all former Canes get dogged and dismissed. Identity crisis. I've seen this mania/psychosis before

I'm dying laughing. What is your thing with Harriet Tubman?

Super excited and once again butch gets disreslected again by our fans....dumb mo fos.

Watch and enjoy the ride miami is back foreal this time

Advertisement
It's not Butch.

Butch will work here for pennies.

It's who we have to pay for for top OC and DC talent. That's why you hire Butch: to get his successor.

Advertisement
A few will never be happy. Others highlighted their reservations well over the last few weeks. Personally, he's who I wanted the most since he was canned from Cleveland.

Lol, U don't see the correlation? She didn't wait in line or for anyone else to change her conditions. She is one of the most courageous and intelligent people to ever live. All or nothing, she embodied all qualities of a Cane.

Very anti climactic really. This would have been seen as a HR 5 weeks ago. Now it shows that no big name wanted the job and we settled even if Butch had the best plan/interview and others wanted to accept.

Butch already knew that no big name would go for the job. It was part of his plan.

Advertisement
Back