Butch Davis. What happened?

[]_[] swag

Sophomore
I'm not sure what happened to the public opinion on this board, but how are you guys not ecstatic about getting Butch Davis??? Yea sure Gary Patterson would probably be better, so would Saban and Meyer. But really USC just promoted their interim coach we could've been promoting Larry Scott. Instead we're gonna get Butch mother****in Davis the architect of the greatest college football team ever. in history. unequivocally. At our school. I'm confused.

Advertisement
Hope he gets the job - not a good game day coach and most high school kids were THREE when Butch was a stud, that is a worry

Advertisement
HUge smile on my face, huge happiness in my pants! we are drinkin it up down here on the Butch News here at the Skel. Hey I know UM is not winning natty championships ever again but now at least I know we have a competent coach that can compete for some ACC hardware. Much better place than we wrere days ago.

People always try to go back to what worked before. When is the last time that worked out? I think fans were also high on him before Chip Kelly, Les Miles and Richt became more likely. I mean Butch was a good coach 10 years ago. Nobody has asked him about a job in 5 years and fans think he's going to come in here and turn it around. I will be very surprised.

Advertisement
If you're asking this question, you haven't read the Butch threads spelling out how he's a corch.

Pleased as a pig in ****.

Hiring a coach is like playing Texas Hold 'Em. You can maximize your odds, but you're still at the mercy of the river. I think taking a known commodity, who evaluates talent better than most anyone in the game, who can recruit, who knows South Florida (and The U!!) and who did a nice job at that **** hole UNC is as good a bet as any.

Very pleased. Love that freckled SOB.

[]_[] swag;2396336 said:
I'm not sure what happened to the public opinion on this board, but how are you guys not ecstatic about getting Butch Davis??? Yea sure Gary Patterson would probably be better, so would Saban and Meyer. But really USC just promoted their interim coach we could've been promoting Larry Scott. Instead we're gonna get Butch mother****in Davis the architect of the greatest college football team ever. in history. unequivocally. At our school. I'm confused.

For me, he wasn't my top choice and I killed Butch any chance I got. However, I try to be optimistic in all things and when you think who we could've ended up with (Cristobal, Schiano, Kiffin, Strong, Larry Scott), it's easy not crying about Butch.

Worse case scenario, he underachieves but transforms our trenches from sissies to savages, and stocks the roster with more savages and playmakers.

If you're asking this question, you haven't read the Butch threads spelling out how he's a corch.

I've read em all. Just don't agree. The argument that he won at Miami, but didn't win at UNC, so he can't win now at Miami doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Advertisement
Also worth note is the undeniable element of human psychology.

You want what you can't have.

Then, all the sudden what we couldn't have was a possibility. And we didn't want is badly. I feel that way about most every woman I've had *** with.

I refuse to be excited because it's not announced and I still expect UM to **** this up and hire Appalachain State's QB coach as our new HC

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2396336 said:

For me, he wasn't my top choice and I killed Butch any chance I got. However, I try to be optimistic in all things and when you think who we could've ended up with (Cristobal, Schiano, Kiffin, Strong, Larry Scott), it's easy not crying about Butch.

Worse case scenario, he underachieves but transforms our trenches from sissies to savages, and stocks the roster with more savages and playmakers.

Proud of you, Killa.

He wants a championship so he decided to come back to the easiest place in the world to win one...that's what happened.

People always try to go back to what worked before. When is the last time that worked out? I think fans were also high on him before Chip Kelly, Les Miles and Richt became more likely. I mean Butch was a good coach 10 years ago. Nobody has asked him about a job in 5 years and fans think he's going to come in here and turn it around. I will be very surprised.

I don't remember a whole lot of examples in general. Only one I can think of recently was Snyder at K state and he did pretty well in his second stint

Advertisement
Back