Butch Davis - take with a grain of salt please

Thought the "rumor" on how Butch failed was he couldn't provide and answer to the question...Why would you hire a known cheater like John Blake??

that's what's been floating around. it may have not been butch's "fault" directly, but why the **** was a known cheater on his staff to begin with.

Do you have any idea how many "known cheaters" are on respectable coaches staffs right now?

Look no further than Richt, bro. Lots of "turn the other way" coaches in CFB. Virtually of them big guys.

Advertisement
Word on the street is that he couldn't adequately address the UNC thing, particularly regarding John Blake.

Did Butch ask them why they allowed someone like Shapiro to get involved the program (against the advice of then HC Shannon) after Butch had rebuilt it from near death penalty last time he was at the U?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Couldn't have gone wrong with either of them becasue they have a lot to prove and have massive chips on their shoulders. Butch would've been cool but I'm with Richt 100%

I can't find the thread but when it was reported that Butch was interviewed, the reporter mentioned that the interview went "extremely well". That what I remember reading. Can someone find the thread?

they said it was positive. i think they said the schiano interview went extremely well

Advertisement
Nobody here, was there. Nobody from 560 was there, or knows ****. So based on nothing but pure BULLSCHITT conjecture, Butch's character continues to be assassinated, even after Richt is hired.

Butch did more for Miami than any POTATOE *******. You classless scum should be embarrassed, if you had an iota of pride.

Why don't one of you bold ones ask Richt about what he thinks of Butch.

UC3FL1m.gif

anyone ever think Mark Richt walks in and talks about his loyalty and wanting to stay here forever reminded the Butch guys how he up and left them without telling?
Vilma said in his interview "we didnt want a guy who would use the athletes as a stepping stone for his next job?"

Hiring John Blake was indefensible and will prevent Butch from ever getting a major college football job again.

Blake worked for agent Gary Wichard for years before he was hired by UNC. Despite working at UNC, Blake still appeared on Wichards marketing materials.

Blake was funneling players to Wichard. It would have been impossible for Butch not to know about this. He can play dumb but that just makes it look like he intentionally ignored it. He cannot say he knew about it but thought it was legal.

Advertisement
Who cares? There will be so much misinformation out there to provide spin and justification for decisions made. I wanted Butch, but the decision to hire Richt needs no justification or spin - he was the best available candidate given the things we know the school values. The rankings of the other guys is moot and we should all move on and embrace Richt and the school for finally opening up the wallet and investing in the program.

Advertisement
Back