Butch Davis - take with a grain of salt please

I doubt that Butch bombed the one interview he has spent the last 4 years getting ready for. It is entirely possible he could not explain the Blake issue well enough to satisfy Miami. But I am fairly sure that if UGA did not fire Mark, Butch would have been at the press conference saying it was great to be home. This is all spin. There was not a name on the list of "final" choices other than Mark or Patterson that the school could have chosen and calmed the rebellion of the fans. Greg had little support and would have done nothing beneficial. Mark might not ever win a NC, but even Butch people like me will be fairly quiet for a couple years.

Advertisement
Lol at Hoch having connections inside the University of Miami. I don't believe Butch bombed anything for a second. I loved Hoch when he was on 790 (his show on 560 is brutal) but as crazy as this sounds, he knows very little about sports. I would even go as far to say he doesn't care.

Nobody here, was there. Nobody from 560 was there, or knows ****. So based on nothing but pure BULLSCHITT conjecture, Butch's character continues to be assassinated, even after Richt is hired.

Butch did more for Miami than any POTATOE *******. You classless scum should be embarrassed, if you had an iota of pride.

Why don't one of you bold ones ask Richt about what he thinks of Butch.

In other news USCw is getting ready to play Stanford for all the Roses....anyone watching?? Go TROJANS!

I serioulsy doubt he bombed. Butch is pretty **** polished - too polished to bomb imo

Advertisement
If you listen to the show you'd know Hoch has absolutely 0 sauces. Anything he says that has to do with a source always ends up completely false. I have more sources than Hoch and I didnt even go to UM.

And **** anyone who is bashing Butch bc he didn't get the job. Extremely frustrating seeing the simpletons take shots at Butch bc they dont like posters who support him. The brand would'nt have the respect it does without Butch and those early 2000 teams.

on the money !

If you listen to the show you'd know Hoch has absolutely 0 sauces. Anything he says that has to do with a source always ends up completely false. I have more sources than Hoch and I didnt even go to UM.

And **** anyone who is bashing Butch bc he didn't get the job. Extremely frustrating seeing the simpletons take shots at Butch bc they dont like posters who support him. The brand would'nt have the respect it does without Butch and those early 2000 teams.

You and I my friend.

"He looked at me and gave me a little nod, and I nodded back," saysShockey. "Then he just bowed his head, and he was gone."

They BBB crowd can rebrand themselves. Bye Bye Butch.

Advertisement
I can't find the thread but when it was reported that Butch was interviewed, the reporter mentioned that the interview went "extremely well". That what I remember reading. Can someone find the thread?

Advertisement
Thought the "rumor" on how Butch failed was he couldn't provide and answer to the question...Why would you hire a known cheater like John Blake??

that's what's been floating around. it may have not been butch's "fault" directly, but why the **** was a known cheater on his staff to begin with.

I wasn't for or against Butch but he did a lot for this program in helping it to a NC by leaving Coker with what many consider to be the best team ever. He also wanted this job. He wasn't disrespecting us like so many others have done in the media.

I don't care if we are the only ones who would be interested in Butch, no one should dog a guy that did a great job here, shows regret for leaving and simply wanted to make it right again. Butch deserves respect. Time to move forward.

Last edited:
Thought the "rumor" on how Butch failed was he couldn't provide and answer to the question...Why would you hire a known cheater like John Blake??

that's what's been floating around. it may have not been butch's "fault" directly, but why the **** was a known cheater on his staff to begin with.

Do you have any idea how many "known cheaters" are on respectable coaches staffs right now?

Advertisement
I doubt that Butch bombed the one interview he has spent the last 4 years getting ready for. It is entirely possible he could not explain the Blake issue well enough to satisfy Miami. But I am fairly sure that if UGA did not fire Mark, Butch would have been at the press conference saying it was great to be home. This is all spin. There was not a name on the list of "final" choices other than Mark or Patterson that the school could have chosen and calmed the rebellion of the fans. Greg had little support and would have done nothing beneficial. Mark might not ever win a NC, but even Butch people like me will be fairly quiet for a couple years.

Exactly. I'm sure Butch was prepared to answer any and all questions on the matter. Whether he did it to Miami's satisfaction is another issue and no one will know that, especially the idiot talking heads saying he "bombed" and the rest of it. Agreed, As mentioned by GH, I take all this as post hire spin.

Do you have any idea how many "known cheaters" are on respectable coaches staffs right now?

no doubt, but then some bad **** went down again with him. coaches take a risk when they bring on guys that have been in hot water before. butch took that chance and paid for it.

I interview people pretty regularly. If I have to Interview a candidate who I do notmwant, its pretty easy to tank them in the interview. I interviewed a lady Tuesday and got an email Wednesday morning withdrawing her name.

If one or two people interviewing Butch didn't want Butch, he had no chance

That said, I'm very happy we got Richt

Advertisement
Back