Butch Davis - Haters cost us 4 crappy coaches

Advertisement
3rd year in and he's 1-2 in conference. I know you Botch boys will excuse this away, but against his conference foes, that's his record.

Surely da gawd can find better talent than that in a talent rich area. Surely he could coach them up. Surely if he can't, he could get a competent staff. We can't be blaming the players, nah, we wouldn't do that.

He's history. Toast. A has been. His prime is long gone. He had his moment, most never do. He's still Botch though, botching up every opportunity he's had since here. Amazing, you have three pieces of evidence compounded by any legitimate opportunities at this level and some still want him. Dumb.

also, please remind these ****brain Butch-haters that trying to recruit at FIU is hard as **** compared to how Butch could recruit at Miami.

He's recruiting against his conference peers and isn't doing anything special in that department. Weak argument.

Advertisement
Tell me you're just joking!

No one can be that simple minded - surely.

Let's hear your counter?

Seems all you do is make excuses for the man while pointing to ancient history to try and justify what you think would be a good hire.

3rd year in and he's 1-2 in conference. I know you Botch boys will excuse this away, but against his conference foes, that's his record.

Surely da gawd can find better talent than that in a talent rich area. Surely he could coach them up. Surely if he can't, he could get a competent staff. We can't be blaming the players, nah, we wouldn't do that.

He's history. Toast. A has been. His prime is long gone. He had his moment, most never do. He's still Botch though, botching up every opportunity he's had since here. Amazing, you have three pieces of evidence compounded by any legitimate opportunities at this level and some still want him. Dumb.

There's an old man who just kicked our Young and Rugged bunch of coaching geniuses - QB Whisperers - and Friends. He's back where he had previous love and success. Fell on his *** at Texas. Texas!

But he's back home - at UNC - and sure as Hades doing a lot more with a lot less than we are.

Some schools and some coaches match up -

Clappy didn't do anything anywhere else - even Howard Schnellenberger didn't hit on **** anywhere else - Jimmy never coached another college game, and today's guest - Erickson - never did anything anywhere else.

Your argument is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard - "his prime is gone." Maybe - but his sub-prime is better than most anyone else I've ever seen.

There's an old man who just kicked our Young and Rugged bunch of coaching geniuses - QB Whisperers - and Friends. He's back where he had previous love and success. Fell on his *** at Texas. Texas!

But he's back home - at UNC - and sure as Hades doing a lot more with a lot less than we are.

Clappy didn't do anything anywhere else - even Howard Schnellenberger didn't hit on **** anywhere else - Jimmy never coached another college game, and today's guest - Erickson - never did anything anywhere else.

Your argument is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard - "his prime is gone." Maybe - but his sub-prime is better than most anyone else I've ever seen.

Why are teams like UAB who shut down football and restarted just three years ago able to win the C-USA but Butch can’t? Even Lane won that conference with 3-9 FAU

There are other coaches out there. The choice isn’t first timers or Butch. That’s why Blake needs to be fired because he didn’t even bother with a coaching search

Advertisement

Is beating us an accomplishment these days? Mack is a national championship winning coach, resume dwarfing Butch's. He even did better at the same school you're talking about. What was Butch's best season there?

Enough about him though.

Maybe, that's all you've got. You've talked incessantly about this one hit wonder for as long as I could remember.

Facts, nobody but FIU wants him. He doesn't outrecruit his peers in conference, a bunch of coaches nobody has ever heard of. He doesn't outcoach them either, in fact he's rather ordinary.

Year three, what happened to his eye for talent? Record doesn't indicate he's got a lot, but knowing Botch maybe it's his coaching.

He had his moment here, I will give that to him. He worked the system back then to perfection, but it was a different time. Maybe he could get it going again, but his body of work since that time suggests otherwise.

Is beating us an accomplishment these days? Mack is a national championship winning coach, resume dwarfing Butch's. He even did better at the same school you're talking about. What was Butch's best season there?

Enough about him though.

Maybe, that's all you've got. You've talked incessantly about this one hit wonder for as long as I could remember.

Facts, nobody but FIU wants him. He doesn't outrecruit his peers in conference, a bunch of coaches nobody has ever heard of. He doesn't outcoach them either, in fact he's rather ordinary.

Year three, what happened to his eye for talent? Record doesn't indicate he's got a lot, but knowing Botch maybe it's his coaching.

He had his moment here, I will give that to him. He worked the system back then to perfection, but it was a different time. Maybe he could get it going again, but his body of work since that time suggests otherwise.

Brilliant.

Your assumption is that the exact same talent interested in UM is also just as interested in FIU.

A perfect point you made! I'm impressed - and I'm sure everyone else that has an ounce of logic agrees!

Don’t get me wrong. If Butch was here we’d be better and probably have a string of 9-10 win seasons. But that’s not the goal. We need a modern, aggressive, spread offense and we need the coach that brings it

Advertisement
Don’t get me wrong. If Butch was here we’d be better and probably have a string of 9-10 win seasons. But that’s not the goal. We need a modern, aggressive, spread offense and we need the coach that brings it

So you've discussed with Butch who his coordinators would be?

STFU!

I've heard all this contrived BS dismissal of Butch Davis - and you're going to hear it again and again - so choke on it.

Aholes with the same identical BS was pulled out every time we needed a coach - and every single one didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground - kinda like you - and those of your ilk.

So we've wasted well over a decade due to this kind of crap like we've been seeing - and really - it's getting tiresome.

We agree that all our coaches since Butch have been morons... And we agree that it's been very tiresome to be a Canes fan. What's also tiresome is dudes like you swearing that everything would be better if we had just brought back Butch.

Listen, Butch was a great recruiter and built an incredible roster in the late 90s. I'm really happy we had him. But that shīt was 20 years ago, man. The dude doesn't have some secret formula that's gonna let him do it again in today's CFB landscape.

We agree that all our coaches since Butch have been morons... And we agree that it's been very tiresome to be a Canes fan. What's also tiresome is dudes like you swearing that everything would be better if we had just brought back Butch.

Listen, Butch was a great recruiter and built an incredible roster in the late 90s. I'm really happy we had him. But that shīt was 20 years ago, man. The dude doesn't have some secret formula that's gonna let him do it again in today's CFB landscape.

Oh, I've heard the conventional wisdom here on CIS - while Richt was asleep at the wheel - all we had to do was get Briles Jr. for OC and our problems would be solved. Briles sure is smoking it at FSU.

Hired our OC - AKA Clappy! An automatic transition after Butch - and we slowly choked on our own baloney. I also recall Radar. Former Cane, great DC - knows UM football - going to smoke it! Yeah, right.

Golden - he was one bright light doing well at Temple - with greater talent he would do well here! Myazz. Oh! SEC Richt! UM guy! Experienced Head Coach! Now Manny.

Pardon me, but the conventional wisdom as to who would have success here - and who wouldn't - has a long tracking of absolutely sucking ***.

Not ONE - not ONE single HC we've had - can both evaluate real talent - successfully recruit that talent - and then develop that talent. I don't give a good GD for all the "Youth" everyone seems to like.

JJ had Butch leaving campus on Thursdays - scouting and evaluating talent - and also recruiting it. Erickson inherited JJ's (and Butch's) talent and just managed to keep it going - for a little while. Then Butch won a couple Super Bowl rings as DC - and then returned to UM.

31 scholarships in the hole - a program in the crapper - he had to be absolutely certain of who of the few he could bring in at UM - and produced the greatest college roster of all time.

Butch doesn't have a secret formula? Maybe, maybe not. But he knows Miami like very few do - and he knows how to hire the right coordinators - he had to fire one early on at UM - and how important they are.

And he knows somehow - maybe a secret formula - how to find true dogs that absolutely HATE losing - and are so fired up on game day - (something we haven't see the likes of in well over a decade -) to a degree are all highly self-motivated.

Advertisement
Oh, I've heard the conventional wisdom here on CIS - while Richt was asleep at the wheel - all we had to do was get Briles Jr. for OC and our problems would be solved. Briles sure is smoking it at FSU.

Hired our OC - AKA Clappy! An automatic transition after Butch - and we slowly choked on our own baloney. I also recall Radar. Former Cane, great DC - knows UM football - going to smoke it! Yeah, right.

Golden - he was one bright light doing well at Temple - with greater talent he would do well here! Myazz. Oh! SEC Richt! UM guy! Experienced Head Coach! Now Manny.

Pardon me, but the conventional wisdom as to who would have success here - and who wouldn't - has a long tracking of absolutely sucking ***.

Not ONE - not ONE single HC we've had - can both evaluate real talent - successfully recruit that talent - and then develop that talent. I don't give a good GD for all the "Youth" everyone seems to like.

JJ had Butch leaving campus on Thursdays - scouting and evaluating talent - and also recruiting it. Erickson inherited JJ's (and Butch's) talent and just managed to keep it going - for a little while. Then Butch won a couple Super Bowl rings as DC - and then returned to UM.

31 scholarships in the hole - a program in the crapper - he had to be absolutely certain of who of the few he could bring in at UM - and produced the greatest college roster of all time.

Butch doesn't have a secret formula? Maybe, maybe not. But he knows Miami like very few do - and he knows how to hire the right coordinators - he had to fire one early on at UM - and how important they are.

And he knows somehow - maybe a secret formula - how to find true dogs that absolutely HATE losing - and are so fired up on game day - (something we haven't see the likes of in well over a decade -) to a degree are all highly self-motivated.
best post.gif

Without Butch Davis, the Miami football program would for sure and for certain have been really dead ... over ... finished for good back in the 90s. what Butch did and was willing to do (who else even wanted the Miami job after Erickson?) was nothing short of an amazing job !

every so-called Canes fan that enjoyed winning a 5th national championship should line up and kiss Butch's *** and thank him for that one !

Without Butch Davis, the Miami football program would for sure and for certain have been really dead ... over ... finished for good back in the 90s. what Butch did and was willing to do (who else even wanted the Miami job after Erickson?) was nothing short of an amazing job !

every so-called Canes fan that enjoyed winning a 5th national championship should line up and kiss Butch's *** and thank him for that one !
They're would be No Grassy or CIS without Butch's accomplishments from 95-2000...

Advertisement
Back