Butch Davis and Tom Herman (possiblities)

Tom Herman IS the coice.

I can understand the love for Butch and I get it but he is old and out of coaching. Regardless of what he's done, there is still a high risk. I believe if you Bring Butch Back, he needs proven top assisant coaches along with him.

Tom Herman should be the #1 choice. Just go to the OSU message boards and ask about him. Everyone there speaks extremely high of him and are hoping he gets the job. He is also a elite recruiter with Calfornia and Texas ties. He is a no brainer #1 choice.

For the record I would not be mad about Butch but we need top assistants along wtih him.

Saban is 63 and Les Miles is 61. Are they too old?

Advertisement
There's a big difference b/w being 63 and ALREADY being at your current college gig for 8 years and starting fresh from scratch and 63. Miles is 61 and he's been at his gig for 10 years already.

Same age, but path is VERY different.

There's a big difference b/w being 63 and ALREADY being at your current college gig for 8 years and starting fresh from scratch and 63. Miles is 61 and he's been at his gig for 10 years already.

you're right

i'm sure butch totally forgot everything, i'm sure he can't remember how to coach, im sure the schools down there don't remember who he is, i'm sure and absolutely certain he has learned zip zero nadda since being in the nfl and at north carolina

Tom Herman IS the coice.

I can understand the love for Butch and I get it but he is old and out of coaching. Regardless of what he's done, there is still a high risk. I believe if you Bring Butch Back, he needs proven top assisant coaches along with him.

Tom Herman should be the #1 choice. Just go to the OSU message boards and ask about him. Everyone there speaks extremely high of him and are hoping he gets the job. He is also a elite recruiter with Calfornia and Texas ties. He is a no brainer #1 choice.

For the record I would not be mad about Butch but we need top assistants along wtih him.

Saban is 63 and Les Miles is 61. Are they too old?

LSU is paying their assistant coaches around $5,500,000.00 this year....

I'm hearing similar rumblings.

If you go with Herman, you're paying top dollar. Where's the money coming from for the assistants.

This Board could **** up the towel concession at a Bangkok whorehouse. That said, if they pass over Butch for Herman, I'll understand. I just think Butch makes more sense from a financial point of view and from the point of view of someone who knows the area and won't use the U as a springboard to the NFL.

Once Herman wins on NC with the Canes, he's gone to the League. Remember that, guys.
If kill to be in that position again. That's how we roll.

Advertisement

you realize that a good head coach is a big picture guy that doesnt get bogged down with managing the defense and special teams. a good head coach doesnt need to be a fing micromanager. he hires competent assistants and staff and lets them do their job. if they dont do a good job they are fired and replaced. it is that simple.

I wouldn't care if they hire either of these guys but aren't we crowning this Herman guy too early??? Yes he's doing great at Houston but come on its Houston and they play in horrible conference, I would be optimistic but it's not like I'm drooling for this guy.

Advertisement
I wouldn't care if they hire either of these guys but aren't we crowning this Herman guy too early??? Yes he's doing great at Houston but come on its Houston and they play in horrible conference, I would be optimistic but it's not like I'm drooling for this guy.
THIS, was he a good OC? Yes. Is he showing promise in his FIRST gig with only 6 or 7 total games as HC at HOUSTON? Yes. Is that enough to give him a significant raise and hand him the keys to a 5 time National Championship program that cannot afford ANY type of gamble or risk? **** NO.

BUTCH DAVIS IS THE ANSWER.

THIS, was he a good OC? Yes. Is he showing promise in his FIRST gig with only 6 or 7 total games as HC at HOUSTON? Yes. Is that enough to give him a significant raise and hand him the keys to a 5 time National championship program that cannot afford ANYANY type of gamble or risk? **** NO.

That's why I want Butch as well at first I was hesitant but I'm convinced now that he's the guy that can resurrect this program. You bring in Butch and Jimbo and the rest of the country will be put on alert

Tom Herman IS the coice.

How in Hades do you apply one standard to Butch, a man with a significant body of work - even right here at THE U, and yet don't apply the same standard to a guy who hasn't even Head Coached one year?

Don't get me wrong - I think if Butch is unavailable, Herman is a strong candidate.

I just don't understand the fascination with INDICATED success, and are willing to roll the dice AT THIS TIME.

Herman better damned well have some top coordinators as well - as he sure as **** doesn't have much experience.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I am sorry, folks, but Herman is not a proven HC. I want a proven HC!

Advertisement
I was out by my pool, sipping on a Piña Colada, when all of a sudden a bird swooped down and dropped a note on my lap.

The note said that Butch Davis is in negotiations right now as we speak to be the next head coach at Miami. It also read that I should toss it in the garbage as soon as I finished reading it because it was rigged to go up in flames.

I can't confirm if this is real or not because I didn't catch the bird's name or its owner's. But I'd bet money on this being legit.

Disclaimer: I'm not an insider and don't personally know any insiders, UM BoT members, Generals, concession stand workers, Hecht secretaries, UM lunch ladies.

Just sharing what the note from the bird said.

Was the bird you speak of an Ibis named sebastian by chance?

THIS, was he a good OC? Yes. Is he showing promise in his FIRST gig with only 6 or 7 total games as HC at HOUSTON? Yes. Is that enough to give him a significant raise and hand him the keys to a 5 time National Championship program that cannot afford ANY type of gamble or risk? **** NO.

I wish I could up vote this a million times!

I wouldn't quite say Butch would be starting from scratch - he started here in the mid-80s, went on sabbatical until the mid-90s and will hopefully return in the mid-teens after another sabbatical.

He knows Miami better than a 40 year old with all the energy in the world. It's not how old you are as a coach - it's how good you are as a coach - a major, major difference.

Advertisement
I was out by my pool, sipping on a Piña Colada, when all of a sudden a bird swooped down and dropped a note on my lap.

The note said that Butch Davis is in negotiations right now as we speak to be the next head coach at Miami. It also read that I should toss it in the garbage as soon as I finished reading it because it was rigged to go up in flames.

I can't confirm if this is real or not because I didn't catch the bird's name or its owner's. But I'd bet money on this being legit.

Disclaimer: I'm not an insider and don't personally know any insiders, UM BoT members, Generals, concession stand workers, Hecht secretaries, UM lunch ladies.

Just sharing what the note from the bird said.

Was the bird you speak of an Ibis named sebastian by chance?

I didn't catch his name and he didn't look like Sebastian.

I'm just glad he didn't **** on me.

Interestingly, herman's DC coached at FIU a few years back.

LOVE Todd Orlando. He had Utah State playing some ball a couple years ago.

Why is Herman's staff at Houston ****ting on Golden's staff while at Miami?

He's got Major Applewhite as his OC too and I'd be ecstatic if he was the QB Coach/OC here.

Advertisement
Back